Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Black Ice Heart ❯ The Tell-Tale Heart ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Black Ice Heart
Chapter 3: The Tell-tale Heart
Summary: Katara is the princess of the southern water tribe, but she doesn't want to be. She blames her father for leaving her and has tendencies to do the unthinkable. Although can a certain young prince melt her icy heart? We can only wait and see. Zatura.
Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Air Bender.
Aang's P.O.V.
Sokka has only gotten worse since Katara jumped onto Zuko's ship last week. He has done nothing but sits there and stares down at the ocean. He has convinced himself that she is dead, but I don't believe that I think that she is still alive on Zuko's ship and that she is not hurt. Although Sokka keeps crediting my belief in her to my optimistic outlook on life even though I have told him many times before that I have a feeling that we will know that moment she gets hurt.
Sokka's P.O.V.
Aang continues to amaze me with his optimism that Katara could possibly still be alive. How that can be I don't know. She flung herself onto the bastard's ship and we watched as the old general dragged her broken body below deck, and in the state she's been in if she did live she would have begged him to kill her, and with what I know about the fire nation he would gladly fulfill her request. So, therefore it is known that she is dead; even so, Aang insists that she is alive.
Zuko's P.O.V.
I'm standing on the deck of my ship at the moment and I do not know what to do with my precious package. When I first saw her she looked longingly down at my ship from the back of the Avatar's flying beast. The next time I saw her she managed to throw herself onto my ship. After that I found out that she asked my uncle to kill her. Actually I think he said her exact words were, `Do it! Do it now! Consume me with your all powerful flame! Extinguish the flame that is my life. KILL ME!' When he told me that she said these things I could not help myself I went to her room to find out if it was actually true. If she really wanted to die. Walking into the room that my uncle gave her I can never forget the horror of what I saw.
(Flash Back)
Zuko opened the door to Katara's room and walked in. When he looked around the first thing he did was look up, he saw the chandelier first and tied around it was a sheet from the bed. His gaze following the sheet as it descended towards the ground his stare next found Katara in the process of tying a loop in the other end of the sheet and fitting it around her neck and moving to kick the chair she was standing on out from underneath herself.
(End Flash Back)
That moment will forever be imprinted in my mind. That was the second time in my life that I have felt completely helpless there was nothing that I could do to stop her, I was paralyzed with shock that someone would be so depressed that they would want to end their life so badly.
Iroh's P.O.V.
I believe that Zuko is still in shock of seeing that young girl trying to hang herself on his ship. She almost died if I had not followed Zuko and acted as quickly as I did she would not be with us. Although, I believe that the thing that has Zuko the most is what she said to him two days later at dinner.
(Flash Back)
“Zuko would please pick up your knife for me?” Katara had asked as polite as ever.
“What for?” Zuko replied in his oh so temperamental way.
“Because I want you to stab me in the heart with it.” Katara said these words as if she were doing nothing but reporting the weather.
(End Flash Back)
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
AN: This was hard to write mainly because my laptop with ALL my files absolutely died. I tried a different battery but it still didn't work. And I had chapter three all typed out to, but because of that I had to start from scratch and almost didn't make my self imposed dead line.
Chapter 4: Operation save the girl