Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Crackpot ❯ Song: Zuko-Song ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I meant to write this ages ago, like when the episode actually happened. Thank god for my attention span.
Set during/after “Cave of Two Lovers.”
 
Song
 
Song sat on the porch in the dwindling night, unable to sleep.
It had been a strange day, certainly. That boy (what had he called himself? Lee? It had been a lie, but she wasn't one to ask questions) and his strange uncle. She giggled, staring at the space where the stolen animal had slept. They really weren't that well off, she thought. Probably fugitives from the Fire Nation. They were nervous and jumpy at the strangest of things, especially the boy.
She remembered the burn over his eye, and she bowed her head, bringing her legs up. It wasn't hard to tell he'd already faced too much. She'd seen it in his face. (Her mother always told her she was far too good at reading people. It was an ability she had since she was little.) She wondered what could have possibly happened to someone who was barely of age.
Song stood silently, staring up at the night, which was slowly becoming pinker. She wished she could've talked longer with the strange boy and uncle. They were interesting people, and she would've loved to hear their story fully with no lies. But they'd already left (and stolen one of their birds!) Still, she wanted them to stay longer.
Besides… The boy was kind of cute.
 
Notes:
Yeah, I had it really well written about three months ago when the episode actually came out, but here you go. Yay for me.