Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Growth ❯ Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well, we all knew it wouldn't take that long for a story like this to be posted by a person like me.
 
Growth
Beginnings
 
Longshot was hungry. Being hungry, he sat in a tree, picked up his bow, strung an arrow, and waited.
 
Something looking like a wild dog ran across, and he shot at it. It made a noise that was not an animal noise, and for the first time he wished his aim wasn't so good. In two seconds he was out of the tree, watching as the person he'd hit began cursing much louder than any child should be allowed to curse.
 
The arrow had not struck her, thank the spirits.
 
“What the hell did you do that for?” she screamed.
 
Because the first thing he figured out was that she was a girl. He was too perceptive, and she wasn't trying to hide it.
 
“I could've been killed,” she snapped.
 
His stare said sorry. She looked away with the air of disapproval.
 
“I'm Smellerbee,” she said grudgingly.
 
He nodded. He picked up the arrow, pointing it at his chest and displaying his bow obviously. She raised an eyebrow, then suddenly understood.
 
“Longshot's a funny name.” As if her own name were normal. “Is it you're real name?”
 
He shrugged. He couldn't quite remember anyway. He couldn't quite remember a lot of things.
 
She peered at him a minute longer, half her face nearly hidden by the large band around her forehead. Then she started laughing. “You're weird,” she grinned. “I like you.”
 
He blinked.
 
“What are you doing out here anyway?” she asked.
 
There was no place else for him to go.
 
“Well that sucks.”
 
She did not question how she understand him with a simple glance. And it was probably better not to ask about his voice.
 
A minute passed between them, and she had an idea.
 
“If you have nowhere else to go,” she thought out loud, “You could come with me.”
 
Somehow, he ended up following.
 
Notes:
These'll be short. Deal.
((Dethklock…))