Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Ice Skating ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

AU one-shot. I don't know where these some from.
 
Ice Skating
 
She had laughed.
 
“You can't ice skate?”
 
“…No.”
 
“Well, that's horrible. I'll have to teach you.”
 
That's how he ended up here. In the middle of a frozen pond. In skates. Fumbling and trying not to fall.
 
She laughed some more.
 
“You look like an epileptic penguin. Just stand up.”
 
“I am not a penguin.”
 
“I said you looked like one. There's a difference.”
 
He glared at her, and she giggled.
 
“Can you stand up?”
 
He tried to straighten himself and fell flat on his face. She laughed again and skated past him.
 
“You do need help. Watch me.”
 
He lifted his head and growled. She stood straight and smiled at him. He reached out, yanking her leg out from beneath her. She fell back and he smirked.
 
“Ow…” She groaned.
 
“There. Now help me up.”
 
They glared at each other until she sat up and grabbed his arms.
 
“You're such a wuss. This isn't hard at all.”
 
“Maybe not to you. And don't—“
 
She skated away, and he fumbled again. He reached out for anything to grab onto and managed to find her sleeve. She squealed as they collided, and they landed hard against the ice.
 
On top of each other.
 
He grunted as he tried to get himself back up. Then he realized their position, and both their faces were bright red.
 
Of course he'd ended up straddling her. It seemed the only proper way to land.
 
She stared at him a moment before clearing her throat, and he jumped back.
 
A moment of awkward silence passed between them.
 
She stood, brushing off her jeans.
 
“I think you need to work on your landing.”
 
Notes:
I'm thinking of writing an AU in our world, but still keep the Avatar-esque thing.
I don't know.
I'm still pissed at InuYasha. Stupid Kikyo. Die already!