Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Language of Love ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

There was a poster of modern Latin phrases hanging in our Latin class, so I got some ideas. While I was supposed to be reading about a fire in an apartment building, I wrote the phrases down, and decided to do something fun with `em.
I don't know why the mistakes aren't being fixed on mediaminer. Sorry.
 
Language of Love
 
magnum bonum
She brushed her hands over his face, feeling the strain and pain in his features. It's better now, she whispered, now that it's over. He stared at her with hatred he couldn't stand feeling, and his words dripped with poison.
 
All for the greater good.
 
prima facie
“I misjudged you,” she said, curling into his body heat. “When I first saw you, I thought it was all anger and disgust and malice, all directed at us.”
 
“What do you think now?” he asked, letting her crawl into his lap.
 
“It wasn't at us at all,” she whispered into his ear. “It was all at you.”
 
modus operandi
He devoured her, lapped her up like honey, and she let him, from the lips to the chin to her shoulders and on until all that was left was inside him, and she couldn't let go.
 
sub rosa
He held out his hands, and fire bloomed (actually bloomed, she wondered) like a lotus pulling open, and embers fell to her feet. They watched them turn dark, and she leaned forward, finding her way through the black.
 
inter nos
“This is something,” she said, “just between us.”
 
He nodded, surprised when she placed her lips firmly over his.
 
ad nauseam
She reeled back, coughing and gagging as she pushed him away.
 
“Dear lord!” she shouted, pushing him into the river. “When was the last time you bathed?”
 
He refused to admit she was right, even if she was.
 
alter ego
The masked man pitched forward, swinging his swords to clash against the helmets of the soldiers. They fell, and the forest was silent. He sheathed his swords, and suddenly two arms wrapped around him as a body jumped onto his back. He stumbled, falling flat on his face, and her laughter filled his ears. The mask was pulled off, and she turned his face around, studying him.
 
“No,” she teased. “I like you better with the mask on.”
 
in media res
Fire on all sides with smoke filling her lungs. She scrambled between bodies, wishing for fresh air, when she felt someone grab her and whip her around, pressing warm lips to hers. Then it was gone, and all she could breathe was smoke.
 
casus belli
She turned sharply, fists clenched and lip jutted forward, giving him no time to protest as she silently began working on dinner.
 
“You're lucky,” Sokka had said. “When she really gets angry, that's when she starts a war.”
 
Dei gratia
It wasn't any god, any fate, any destiny; it was just two kids alone together, searching for warmth in a world gone cold.
 
Deo volente
He grabbed her waist and whirled her around, stopping suddenly as they faced the rest of the gang.
 
“Think they're ever gonna stop doing that?” Toph groaned.
 
“God willing.”
 
disiecta membra
She cried, holding only dirt in her hands and breathing in ash. Why? She sobbed, turning dirt to mud.
 
Nothing left but rubble.
 
ante bellum
The cave was cold, but they stared at each other under the light of the soft green rocks, and they met together in nothing but warmth.
 
Notes:
I don't know if you'll figure out what the phrases mean, but you are much smarter than I give you credit for, and I even hear some of you are in Latin. Go Latin nerds!
Got another drabble pieces I wanna work on. And I need to write that thing for Hoppy-chan and her My-HiME story. She won't remember. Because she doesn't care about Tate.
(I demand my Tate-Mai action! It's all up to you, Hoppy.)
Reviews give Toph reason to make sarcastic remarks.
You wanna keep hearing witty lines?