Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ The War of the Elements ❯ New Allegiance ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 New Allegiance
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Avatar The Last Air Bender but I wish I did and I don't know why such a cool series is being shown by a piece of crap channel like Nickelodeon.
 
Authors Notes: first of all this is my first Avatar story so please go easy on me I have only seen the first two seasons so I don't know much about the third season I have only seen ep 10 and 11 which is the day of the black sun invasion so my story takes place after the invasion. Second I will put elements from Kingdom Hearts in the story such as characters also I have only play the second KH so don't ask me anything about the first, but there's nothing about the story from KH in this story I will be only focusing in the Avatar story period. Another thing to be clear is that THIS IS NOT A AVATAR/ KINGDOM HEARTS CROSSOVER and yes there will be couples in the story and also surprised pairings, one more thing there will be no characters from Disney in the story so Mickey, Donald and Goofy are not appearing in the story the same goes with FF characters. Last but not least please send me your reviews and comments this is a story I have been thinking on writing for a while but please NO FLAMES please don't waste your time writing a flame because if you do I will simply delete it thank you and enjoy the story.
 
 
 
 
Western Air Temple
 
 
 
The deserted western air temple which was one of the temples where the air nomads reside in, that is until the fire nation eliminated all of the air nomads making their kind extinct wasn't exactly deserted at all because there was a group of people staying in it. One of the was Aang who was around twelve he is the Avatar master of all four elements he was the last air bender alive he was bald with an arrow on the top of his head he had brown eyes and he was wearing his usual clothing his yellow and orange uniform. The second teen was a girl around fourteen with long brown hair and blue eyes her name was Katara a water bender she was wearing her usual water bending uniform she's also very close to Aang and it seem that the two teens were getting closer than expected. The third teen was another boy who seems to be the same age as Katara he was Sokka Katara's brother he's also from the water tribe but unlike Katara he doesn't have any water bending skills at all, however he was trained by a sword master making him stronger and more valuable to the group. The third teen was another girl but she was the youngest of the group her name was Toph an earth bender her earth bending skills are very sharp making her the best well as she claims to be the best earth bender, but Toph didn't have something that the rest of the group had she was blind but that didn't make her a burden to the group her hearing was as sharp as her earth bending skills so she was another valuable member and friend. The last two persons of the group was a boy who seems to be the same age as Aang but he was on a large wheel chair he's name is Teo, and the last member was his father the great inventor a man who seems to be in his late forties.
 
Everyone was staying at the western air temple because of their failure at the invasion against the fire nation which was the day of the solar eclipse they had to run away leaving Sokka and Katara's father and their comrades behind. The group were seated in a camp fire inside of the temple grounds Appa was sleeping soundly next to the camp fire, the atmosphere was quiet no one said a word they were too disappointed of the outcome of the invasion. It was supposed to be an easy plan attack the fire nation and Aang would fight the fire lord and defeat him even if they had the solar eclipse on their side they still fail. Sokka was just staring at the fire while Teo and his father were looking at the stars of the night sky looking for the different constellations Toph was just sighing looking bore and Katara was watching Aang who hasn't said a word since they left the fire nation.
 
Aang got up from the camp fire and left the place he went outside of the temple to look at the night sky it wasn't long before Katara came to him she touch his shoulders only to see his brown eyes that were full regret and disappointment.
 
“Aang what's wrong?” Katara said worry
 
Aang just shook his head and went back to look at the stars but Katara wasn't going to give up she wanted to help the air bender in anyway she can.
 
“Aang don't ignore me please tell me what's wrong?” Katara said as she made Aang to looked at her their eyes lock for a moment
 
“Isn't it obvious Katara I……I fail……I failed everyone” Aang said as he hang his head down in shame
 
“No you didn't, Aang there was nothing you or any of us could do the fire lord knew that the attack was going to be on the day of the solar eclipse so don't blame your self for the lost we will get the fire lord next time for sure” Katara said lifting his head so he could meet her blue eyes again
 
“But what about your father and everyone that stay behind at the attack?” Aang said getting upset
 
Katara eyes widened a little remembering that her father and the rest of the men from the water tribe along with their allies from the earth kingdom stay behind in order to hold the fire nations forces so they could escape.
 
“Aang?” Katara said trying to hold her tears” its true that father and everyone stay behind but they did it to save us to save you, you're the Avatar you're the only one who can end this war and bring balance to the four nations they believe in you we believe in you……I believe in you”
 
Aang look back at her he could see the sadness reflected in her blue eyes” Katara I promised I will save your father and everyone just you wait that's a promise I will fulfill”
 
“if they are still alive” Katara said as a few tears fell from her eyes
 
“Don't say that Katara Im sure they are still alive we have to believe they are I will rescue them you know I will do anything for you” Aang said trying to conform the water bender
 
Katara smile while sobbing softly” thanks Aang I haven't seen father in five years and now that Sokka and I finally reunite with him we have to lose him in a war in the same war that took my mother why…..why?” she started sobbing loudly
 
Aang took her in his arms she buried her face in his chest she continue to sob she was praying that her father was still alive, on the entrance to the temple stood Sokka who has heard their conversation concerning his father he decided to leave his sister and Aang to be alone and have their moment of love as he calls it. Suddenly thinking about the word love he began to think about Suki he remember what Azula told him he growl he didn't know if Suki was still alive knowing Azula she was capable of killing Suki and the rest of the Kyoshi warriors he shook his head trying to forget about the situation he went back to the fire camp still thinking about his love Suki.
 
Back with Aang and Katara, Katara has stop sobbing she was feeling better now however she was still embrace by the air bender. For Aang he didn't wanted to let her go he wish he could held her in his arms forever he then remember the kiss he gave her back at the invasion he blush hard he then thought of kissing Katara again. Katara was in the same boat she wanted to hold Aang and never let him go she thought back at the kiss he gave her she blush remembering the wonderful sensation of the passionate kiss.
 
Both teens broke the embrace they looked at each other both were blushing and noticing that their lips were so close. Their eyes locked for a moment to what it seems like an eternity, slowly they move their lips both wanted to feel their lips pressed together they wanted to feel the great passion that they felt on their first kiss when suddenly.
 
Just as their lips were inches away they heard a loud scream coming from the inside of the temple both Katara and Aang looked at the temple worry.
 
“That sounded like Sokka” Katara said
 
“Lets go” Aang said
 
Both teens rush back to the temple when they arrived at the site of the fire camp they were shock Sokka has taken his sword and he was in a fighting stance while Toph was just neutral Momo was flying around Teo and his father were trying to keep their distance from the intruder. Aang and Katara got upset when they saw none other than Zuko the banish prince of the fire nation he was wearing a red uniform and a red hood but it wasn't from the fire nation he had his two broadswords strap to his back.
 
Katara immediately went to a fighting stance she took out her water pouch ready to attack while Aang prepare his staff however they were quite surprised to see that Zuko wasn't attacking he hasn't taken his broadswords from his back he stood still his eyes were only focused on the group but more importantly at the Avatar. The group didn't understand why would the banish prince wasn't even attacking they knew from Zuko in the past that he always went all out he was always the one to make the first move, but now they couldn't tell what he was up to Aang was the first to talk.
 
“What do you want Zuko?” Aang said in an anger tone
 
Zuko looked at the whole group they were all ready to attack him he just turn his gaze to the Avatar” I didn't came here to fight only to talk”
 
The group look dumbfounded at first but it was Sokka the one who talk for all of them
 
“You came here to talk yeah right and Im a fire nation soldier” Sokka said in a sarcastic tone
 
“I mean it I only want to talk I want to join you” Zuko said in convincing tone
 
“Have you finally gone insane do you even realize what you're saying lets see one time you were following us in order to catcher Aang then you join forces to Azula to try to kill Aang and NOW YOU WANT TO JOIN US FORGET IT GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE” Katara shouted in anger
 
“I know everything I did in the past was meaningless I only did it so I could prove to my father that I was worthy of his acknowledgement but it meant nothing he never cared for me and he doesn't care about his kingdom the only thing he wants is to spread war and terror across the nations and I……I can't let him continue with his madness it has to end that's why I want to join you on your quest please I have change for the better give me a second chance” Zuko said in a honest tone
 
“No forget it we don't need you Zuko” Katara said getting more angry
 
“I agree for all we know this could be one of his trick and when we least expected he will stab us in the back” Sokka said agreeing with his sisters decision
 
“I think we should give him a chance”
 
The group turn to look at Toph” he's not lying I didn't sense any vibrations when he spoke”
 
“Yeah but you couldn't tell if Azula was lying” Katara said” we don't need him he's nothing but trouble he's going to betray us”
 
“All Im asking is a second chance” Zuko said
 
“I did” Katara said glaring at him” or have you forgotten Ba Sin Say I trusted you back at the crystal cavern I thought you meant those words but it was nothing but a lie you join up with Azula and you help her she almost kill Aang he would have die if I didn't use the spring water from the north pole which I almost use it on you to heal your scar and Im glad your uncle and Aang came just in time I would have made a big mistake” her voice was getting angrier by the minute
 
“That's enough Katara” Aang said” al right I will give you a second chance”
 
“WHAT” both Katara and Sokka shouted in unison
 
“Aang you can't be serious” Sokka said shock
 
“Why not everybody deserves a second chance even Zuko” Aang said he gave the fire prince a serious look” Zuko after everything you have done to me and to my friends I can't forgive you but I will give you a second chance you can join us and help us end this war”
 
“I can't believe you're doing this Aang” Katara said shock
 
“Its al right Katara we need all the help we can get” Aang said with a smile
 
“But Zuko why him I just don't understand” Katara said confuse
 
Aang sighed” well talk about this later now does anyone disagrees with my decision besides Katara and Sokka?”
 
“I have no problem with it” Toph said
 
“I guess its fine with me too” Teo said
 
“Well we should give the lad a chance and besides he's no longer with the fire nation” the inventor said
 
Sokka sighed” they have beaten us Katara”
 
“You guys are making a big mistake” Katara said
 
Aang nodded” al right so we agree on having Zuko with us welcome to the group Zuko, but I can't guaranteed that we will get along with you its gonna take us some time before we can fully trust you” he looked back at Katara who was glaring daggers at Zuko
 
“I know” Zuko said softly
 
“Zuko even if you were telling the truth why would you even bother helping us?” Katara ask the fire bender prince
 
Zuko stood quiet for a moment before speaking” because I want to end this war more than any of you”
 
The group stood quiet they heard the honest tone in his voice, Aang could see the truth in Zuko's brown eyes.
 
“Well now that Zuko is with us we have to prepare to fight the fire nation” Aang said
 
“Yeah and lets not forget Aang that you haven't master fire bending yet” Sokka said
 
Zuko blink at the comment” what you haven't master fire bending yet is this true?”
 
Aang nodded sadly” its true I started fire bending with a strong fire bending master but I…….got careless and I promised myself I would never fire bend again” he looked at Katara who was string at him with a sympathetic look
 
“But don't you have to master all four elements you can't take on my father if you haven't master all the elements” Zuko said
 
“He has you there Aang” Sokka said
 
“I know I have to learn to fire bending but I……..Im scared” Aang said the last part in a whisper but Zuko heard him
 
“You can't be scare if you don't master the four elements you will never defeat my father, you need a fire bending teacher right so I will be your teacher” Zuko said
 
“WHAT” both Katara and Sokka shouted in unison
 
Toph smirk while Aang had a surprised look on his face
 
“Zuko………you will really teach me to fire bend?” Aang said surprised
 
Zuko nodded” yes but let me warn you learning to fire bend is not going to be easy”
 
Aang nooded” yeah I know about that”
 
“Well twinkle toes looks like you got your self a fire bending teacher” Toph said
 
“WHAT Aang you can't be serious about this, this is Zuko were talking about here what if he tries to kill you while he's supposedly teaching you fire bending?” Katara said shock
 
Aang sighed” Katara I already said Im going to give him a second chance so its al right”
 
Katara sighed” fine” she then glare at Zuko” Im going to keep an eye on you Zuko if you try to hurt Aang in any way I will make your blood strangle you to death” she said in a very cold tone
 
“Oh yeah she can do that bend your blood” Sokka said in a scary tone
 
(Bend blood?) Zuko thought he then looked at Toph” twinkle toes?”
 
The blind earth bender smile” yeah its my nickname to him you'll get used to it”
 
“I see” Zuko said with a sweat drop on the back of his head
 
“So it has been decided then” a new voice said
 
The whole group looked to the source of the new voice they saw an old man who seems to be in his late sixties he had a long white beard and white hair he was only wearing a pair of shorts, Aang recognize him immediately it was the guru.
 
“So you have returned young Avatar” the guru said
 
Aang smile” yes I have this was the reason why we came here” he looked at Zuko” Zuko our fire bending lessons will have to wait because first I have to master the Avatar state”
 
Zuko nodded in understanding
 
“Al right Im ready” Aang said
 
“Then follow me my child” the guru said as he left the camp fire
 
“Wait for me you guys” Aang said as he followed the Guru
 
The group nodded knowing that Aang have to master the Avatar state.
 
“So how's going to be on watch tonight?” Toph said
 
Zuko was going to volunteer but Sokka cut him off
 
“I will” Sokka said
 
“Al right lets go to bed then hopefully Aang will master the Avatar state by morning” Katara said
 
The group lie on the floor near the camp fire waiting to go to sleep Teo and his father were already sleeping Toph made her earth tent and it wasn't long before she fell sleep, Sokka went outside to began the night watch.
 
Zuko went to Katara” so where am I going to sleep?”
 
Katara gave him a very cold glare for an answer
 
Zuko sighed” never mind” he left the camp fire and went to another place in the temple to get some rest looks like it was going to be a while before the Avatar's group could accepted him as an ally and friend. He thought that they have the right to distrust him after everything he did to then, it was the beginning of his atonements of his sins from the past as he lie on the cold floor there was only one person he could think about the only girl he had ever love in his entire life
 
(Mai I hope you're okay)
 
 
 
Royal Palace(fire nation throne room)
 
 
 
Fire lord Sozin was seated in his throne he had an angry look in his face, suddenly her daughter Azula along with Mai and Tai Lynn came to him.
 
“You wanted to see me father?” Azula said
 
“Yes the Avatar is still alive” Sozin said in anger
 
“I know father I fought him back at the invasion” Azula said
 
“AND YOU DIDN'T KILL HIM” Sozin shouted in anger
 
Tai Lynn and Mai took a step behind but Azula stood standing like nothing has happened
 
“Azula take a battalion of my best men and capture the Avatar but I want him alive also” Sozin pause” my stupid son is with him killed him”
 
Mai gasp in shock while Tai Lynn eyes widened Azula gave a wicked grin
 
“As you wish father” Azula said
 
“My lord are you sure he's with the Avatar?” Mai said worry
 
“Yes because he told me himself he was going to join him in his quest to stop us, Zuko has finally betray us he's no longer my son for all I cared for that's why I want you Azula to killed him” Sozin said
 
Mai look sad by the sudden information of the fire lord
 
“It should be done as you said father” Azula said as she bow along with her two comrades and left the throne room
 
Sozin smirk” even if she fails in capturing the Avatar once Sozai's comet arrives I will killed the Avatar and the rest of the nations will fall under my power the fire nation will rule the whole nations”
 
Azula, Tai Lynn and Mai were walking outside of the palace when they saw the squadron Sozin gave them.
 
“So this is them right?” Tai Lynn said
 
“Yes they are fathers best warriors although I don't know why would he send them too” Azula said with a smirk
 
“Azula are you really going to kill Zuko?” Mai said with fear in her voice
 
“Its fathers orders I will obey them” Azula said in a cold tone
 
Mai felt like her heart was broken into a million pieces she couldn't believe she will have to help her friend kill the only boy she have truly love in her entire life.
 
(I can't believe Azula is really going to kill her own brother) Tai Lynn thought
 
“Lets go” Azula said
 
The two teens nodded as they got on into their giant salamanders and left with the fire bender squadron they didn't know is that outside of the palace walls they were being watched by a mysterious stranger wearing a black cloak and hood he then disappeared in a black flame gate, the gate then vanish.
 
 
 
To be Continued
 
 
 
There you have it the first chapter in my big Avatar story please send me your reviews and comments so tell me what you think of the story so far I will try to update soon but I do have other stories to update so I apologize if I takes me a while to update this story.