Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ Waterbending Masters ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Waterbending Masters
 
“This is…”
 
“You were the one who wanted to try it. I'm helping.”
 
“But…”
 
“Stop whining. You sound like my brother.”
 
“That's the last thing I want to sound like.”
 
“Exactly. Now, stand right there. Okay. Arms stretched like this. Pull them towards your center. Good.”
 
“I feel like an idiot.”
 
“And you look like one. But that doesn't have anything to do with the stance.”
 
“…”
 
“Alright. Focus your energy on your center. Pull the energy outwards. Try to keep the energy flowing… That's good. Now you're going to push and pull like this.”
 
“Nothing's happening.”
 
“Of course nothing's happening. It's not supposed to. Not yet. Once you get the proper motions, we're actually going to apply them.”
 
“I think I got it.”
 
“Sure you do. Come over here. We're going to pull the water together. Water's malleable. It's liquid, ever-changing. You have to let it mold however you want it. Now, apply the motions, but think about the water. Try and move it.”
 
“It's not doing anything.”
 
“Because you're not focusing. You get too frustrated too fast. Calm. Here.”
 
“…What are you doing?”
 
“It's called touching. Sometimes people invade another's personal space. Sometimes it's to show them the proper motions. There. Just push and pull. That's good!”
 
“It's still not doing anything.”
 
“Well, I didn't think it would. But it's a nice try. I wanted to see if someone from another nation could figure it out. You've got the motions right… You can't rush your way through this.”
 
“I'm not.”
 
“You sound like a child. Hold on a second.”
 
“Where are you going?”
 
“Just keep practicing.”
 
“But I look like an idiot.”
 
“We already went over that. Practice.”
 
“Stupid Water Tribe peasant..”
 
 
 
 
 
 
“…You okay?”
 
 
“Where are you?”
 
 
“Crap. You didn't drown, did you?!”
 
Suddenly, there was a wild thrashing from the water. He turned, just in time for a giant wave to hit him, knocking him back. Something knocked into him, and he shouted, breathing in water. He landed back, in the shallow waters, coughing. He sat up, and someone snaked an arm around his waist, breathing softly against his ear.
 
“I win. Water-bender: all; Fire Nation brat: zero.”
 
He swatted the surface, splashing her.
 
“Maybe, but I'm still better looking.”
 
Notes:
Don't ask.