Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ What it really means to love ❯ Misery Business ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This story is a threesome ZukoxAangxKatara. I love threesomes for some reason not in the bad way but in the fun way I guess. Anyway if you don't want to read lemons, or limes, or lemonlimes, or limeade, don't read this.
Thank you soooooooooooo much for the reviews. I love love love reviews and I'm glad you guys like it.
I do not own Avatar the Last Air bender.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
Misery Business
Aang's POV
Confused. How was Aang supposed to help Zuko when he kept himself so secluded? Not that Zuko seemed like the wild and crazy type anyway. Never the less that did not mean he had to be alone any longer. Aang's heart went out to the young fire bender.
“What's bothering you tonight Aang? You are unusually quiet.” Sokka pointed out.
Aang shrugged, “I've just got a lot of stuff on my mind that's all.”
The group was uncomfortably silent as Aang poked their dinner fire with a stick.
“What flame boy didn't teach you how to maintain a fire without a stick?” Katara mocked.
“Zuko.” Aang sighed.
“Zuko what?” Katara asked confused.
“His name is Zuko.”
“You don't have to get all touchy about it. He always called me water peasant I'd say he deserved to be called flame boy.” Katara said defensively.
Aang sighed again, “I used to think that you were compassionate which is why I was glad you were on this journey with me. Lately your compassion has left you and I am beginning to think that bringing you with me was a mistake. Perhaps if I'd left you in your village you wouldn't have lost that quality about you, seeing too much of the world has hardened your heart.”
Katara looked hurt, “Excuse me if I am finding it hard to just forgive the boy whose nation killed my mother. Fire benders are murderers and they can't be trusted, especially Zuko.”
Aang was getting agitated by her statements, “That is the kind of thinking that got us in this war in the first place. How is the rest of the world supposed to move on if we can not forgive? If you keep saying that there is no good in them, they are murderers, and they can't be trusted then how long do you think it will be before they begin to believe that? How can they reform if people like you are stereotyping them? The Fire Nation took his mother away too, at least you still have your father and you know he loves you. Who does Zuko have? He turned his back on an entire nation to do what was right Katara. Do you not believe that is difficult for him? I am supposed to be the Avatar; I am supposed to bring balance to the world. How can I bring balance to the world if I can not even bring balance to this camp?”
“Aang….” Katara started.
“Forget it Katara, I'm going to bed. We can talk about this tomorrow.” Aang tossed the stick into the fire and retired to the opposing side of Appa.
There had to be a way to get Zuko and his friends together. Aang still felt like Zuko was on the fence he needed to see that there is a better way. His life is so full of rejection Aang just hoped he could bring him a little acceptance for once.
Aang slowly drifted to sleep plotting ways to make Zuko's life better.
Zuko's POV
Miserable. Zuko's life was turning mundane his routine was like this
Eat.
Train.
Eat.
Train.
Eat.
Sleep.
Then it started over from there. He made sure to eat each meal alone and sneak in after everyone was already asleep. His sleeping area was even far away from everyone else tucked in a small cave like opening of a fallen statue.
He was starting to crave human attention; the only talking he did was when he instructed Aang. He didn't really think that it counted as conversation when he talked to himself.
Today was especially boring because Aang decided that they wouldn't train. What was Zuko going to do with a day off? Right now he was tossing a rock up and down while looking at the clouds.
“Hey Zuko what you doing?” came Aang's voice behind him.
Zuko tilted his head in time to see Aang jogging over the hill. His forehead also met with the rock he'd been tossing.
“Ouch!' Zuko sat up rubbing his forehead.
“You ok?” Aang laughed when he reached him.
“Fine. I thought we were not training today.” Zuko changed the subject from his pain.
“Maybe you want to go into town with us, get some clothes, food, supplies, maybe some extras.” Aang suggested with a huge grin on his face.
Zuko thought about it for a moment.
`I am bored; maybe it won't be so bad'.
“Yeah.”Zuko answered, “Maybe I will, when are you leaving?”
“How about now?” Aang's grin managed to grow even larger.
Zuko picked himself up off the ground and dusted off, “I suppose there is no time like the present.”
Aang motioned for him to follow.
“We are thinking about leaving the western air temple. We need to move on get new clothes go back into hiding.” Aang started polite conversation.
“And go where? The last thing you need to learn is fire bending. No one alive knows we are here, no one really even knows where here is. If we leave we can risk being hunted and your training may be interrupted.” Zuko replied.
Aang nodded, “Yes but now that the fire nation knows I am alive, the world needs to know. Ba Sing Se has fallen as you know. It was the last strong hold for the Earth Kingdom people are going to start to lose hope. If they lose hope then they may give up. If I resurface then maybe we can build another resistance.”
Zuko thought a moment, “What if we compromise?”
“AANG!” Katara yelled motioning for him to hurry.
“Hurry, we want to leave and get back before it gets dark.” Aang hurriedly said to Zuko while jogging over to Appa.
Zuko followed quietly noticing the surprised looks on the others faces.
“What's HE doing here?” Katara asked annoyed.
“Zuko, is going to get supplies with us.” Aang shot back.
Zuko was surprised at Aang's reaction; he knew that there was some kind of attraction between the two. They seemed inseparable, yet he managed to notice they disagreed on Zuko's place in their little clique.
“Yip, Yip.” Zuko heard Sokka say from the reins of Appa.
The large bison lifted slowly and gradually rose into the air. The ride was a lot smoother than Zuko imagined it would be.
“What village is it?” Zuko asked Aang.
“Not sure we haven't left the air temple since you and I went to learn about fire bending.” Aang answered.
Zuko tensed; if the nearest village belonged to fire nation then he should have stayed in the safety of the air temple.
They saw smoke in the distance.
“LAND HO” Sokka yelled pointing to the village that the smoke was coming from.
It was not a small village from what he could tell the smoke looked like it came from cooking fires, homes, and businesses.
They landed in the forest a small way off so that Appa would not be spotted.
While the others dismounted Zuko stayed put in Appa's saddle.
“Zuko?” Aang asked confused, “Uh, we are going to walk from here.”
He took a deep breath and counted to ten, “This is a fire nation village.”
“Ok?” Aang expected an explanation.
“One of us is an exiled prince who betrayed his nation.” Zuko retorted.
“We can just get disguises.” Toph said.
Zuko shook his head and pointed to his scar. “Will it be something that can cover this?”
Everyone was quiet for a moment.
“Its ok, I'll stay and watch Appa. Just make sure to get me something good to eat, and some new clothes.” Zuko tried to smile lightly.
Aang looked disappointed but he nodded in agreement.
The small group started out for the village when they were almost out of sight Katara turned and glared at Zuko. It was a hateful glare that interpreted to “You better not betray us”.
Zuko raised his hands up as a sign of surrender, hoping that gesture was enough to comfort the mistrustful girl.
Zuko leaned on Appa who turned and licked him.
“Sometimes I hate that girl, and sometimes I just wish she would like me. “ Zuko confessed to the flying bison.
Appa grunted in agreement.
 
*A/N I know this chapter wasn't that exciting but I promise it will get better. I just had to set up for the next chapter. There is no story without a little boring section.*