Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction ❯ When Ice and Lava Meet ❯ Out of the Circle ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Avatar: The Last Air-bender, the very talented team of Mike and Brain own the show and characters. The rating maybe wrong but I did try to get it right.

By: year of the snake (at fanfiction) aka. crescentmoon (at mediaminer). And now Opal-Dreams on DeviantArt.

When Ice and Lava Meet

Chapter Five

“Try to escape without bending. If that doesn’t work, use bending. We must get this money to those who need it.” Katara nodded knowing the other bender would feel that small vibration.
The head man abruptly shot fire at them. ‘Oh come on!’ thought Katara as they all dived out of the way. ‘Does everyone who attacks us have to have fire-bending abilities?’
Aang looked over at the two girls; he and his mother had been allowed out of the circle. But the girls, they were still surrounded. Aang stood and helped Lily-Lee up. He clenched and unclenched his jaw and his fist. It was like he wanted to fight, but only for their sakes.
Katara and the Blind Bandit were now alone in the circle. The men were advancing on them. Some of them moved threateningly with fire glowing in their hands others had no bending.
“Hey leave them alone!” The beggar man grabbed one man’s pant leg. The man promptly kicked him in the gut.
“Stop that!” ‘Jen’ cried. The girls stood back to back. ’Jen’ went to go toward them old man but ‘Mai Ling’ held her back, shaking her head. ‘Jen’ was getting mad and the water in the air was responding, slithering toward her balled hands. It was un-seeable as yet but that couldn’t last long.
The Blind Bandit wanted to attack with bending too but she hadn’t given up on their original plan yet.
Suddenly all the men bounded closer, the heat from the flames would soon be close enough to curl their eyebrows. A worm sized fleck of water hit the back of ‘Mai Ling’s’ neck. ‘Mai Ling’ understood, ‘Jen’ was asking if it was time to use bending. ‘Mai Ling’ tapped the ground twice causing the earth just beneath ‘Jen’ to jiggle. The jiggling earth caused Katara’s feet to tingle. It was agreed, they would bend.
Outside the circle Aang was gathering air like someone gathering leaves. He would save his friends at the cost of his own freedom if need be. As of yet no one paid him any heed.
“Hey boss these girls are pretty.” said a man who could see both girls from the side. “Maybe we should take them with us too.” The man leered appreciatively at them; it was like he wanted to show off his hole-filled, brown teeth.
The color drained from Katara’s face, her heart raced with a new fear. This fear was so much worse than the last. The Blind Bandit sent another tremor to say, ‘Don’t be afraid, they won’t get us wimpy water-bender.’ Katara nodded. They would be fine, no matter what they would be fine.
Just as the three benders were going to unleash their powers on the unsuspecting thugs a huge fire-blast hit the leader from behind. “Uncle what are you doing?” asked a young man.
“Can you not see these people need help? I will not sit idly by and watch them be captured by these ruffians.” a partially bald man with a grey topknot said. “One helps another when one can, so someday it can be returned in kind.”
“Uncle you’re going to be late getting back from your lunch break.”
“My boss will understand.”
His nephew rolled his eyes. But because they couldn’t afford to have both him and his uncle out of work, they couldn’t really afford to have only one person working, his nephew said, “Fine I’ll help you.”
While they were having their little argument some of the thieves had approached them to snuff out the interference the two caused. They didn’t expect to be thrown back by the youth’s powerful bending. The out of thin air fire-bending sent the three other men flying.
The old man, sixty-eight years old, and his nephew, twenty years old, charged at the men still surrounding the two ill-fated women. They dropped all the men in just two minutes.
‘Jen’ said awed, “Wow. Thank you!”
“Your welcome Miss…” began the old man.
“Jen, just call me Jen. This is my cousin Mai Ling.”
“Yo.”
Katara rolled her eyes. “May we know your names?”
“I am Iroh and this is my nephew, Zuko.” They were living in secret in the Fire Nation, but being in the Fire Nation had one huge perk, they could use their own names. Many children in the fire nation were named after members of the royal family. So the banished prince Zuko and the also banished should have been Fire Lord both lived in the Fire Nation without drawing suspicion. And people didn’t expect to find them there.
Zuko just nodded grumpily.
Aang thought, ‘They must be good people if they would save someone they don’t know.’ So Aang went over and introduced himself. “Hi, I’m Aang Yong.”
“And I’m Lily-Lee Yong.” Lily-Lee said.
“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Iroh answered.
“Uncle your job.”
“Ah yes. If any of you ever have time you should come visit the Jasmine Dragon.” Iroh could feel the vibes his nephew was giving off. His vibes were saying. ‘Uncle Iroh…’ he was gritting his teeth so to speak. Iroh laughed. “I suppose I must be going. Goodbye.”
Everyone else said goodbye as well and the two groups split ways. When they got back to the Yong’s cart they too separated. They had to go home to get their work done.
The Blind Bandit and Katara also went home. They would be busy later with deliveries of money and were overly tired. So they went to bed.
711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711711 711711
Okay this is out today in honor of my brother and a niece’s birthday even though neither of watch/watched Avatar. Happy Birthday!
My scanner is still down so I couldn’t get my Zutara Seven up by today but they are all drawn and Inked, one is colored and I’m working on another. *Sigh* If you want to do any of the words there is no deadline so fill free to join up.

Also to spread the word this year’s Zutara Week is now scheduled for August 10th - 16th! I have already signed up and just wanted to let others out there know it’s coming. If you don’t want to sign up you can still suggest prompts. I don’t know how they will be picking the words but yeah. Go find GreenifyME at deviantART to join or suggest prompts. At the moment there are already 393 comments! That amazes me! I can hardly wait!

Thanks to my reviewers, Kaydreams (at Fan fiction (.) net), Mannie258, Liontracks and allyonshinezutara. I love all the reviews, Thanks you guys!

Liontracks asked if they were in the Fire Nation or the Earth Kingdom. I thought I had answered that already but I guess I haven’t. They are in the Fire Nation. What better place to hide from your enemies than in their own backyard?

Please Review if you like this story, if you don’t have an idea of what to put you can say what you favorite part in the story and/or the chapter is, you can wish me luck, or just say how much you like it. And if you must say something bad about it please put it in a helpful way thanks.
Bye for now!