Ayashi No Ceres Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare ❯ Nightmare ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Why me?

The thought seemingly came out of nowhere as Aya relaxed in the warm bath. It appeared quite random, when really it had been plaguing her ever since she discovered her own family was out to kill her. She just didn't know it. Memories of her father's death came back to haunt her.

Its all my fault he died. If I had just let them kill me, he wouldn't have gotten hurt! I need to get Aki back before they hurt him too. No! I wont let that happen! Aki wont get hurt, I promise. He won't get hurt like dad...and neither will mom.

The sixteen-year-old girl felt about five as tears streamed down her cheek and plopped into the bath. She needed comfort but would never receive it form the people she loved ever again. The only thing she could hope for would be that her mother and brother didn't feel the way her other family did.

It's my fault, my fault...no. That's not my fault it's theirs. Grandfather was willing to kill his own son. It makes me sick to think I ever thought of him as family.

Aya's thoughts started at guilt and went directly to anger as she thought increasingly about the matter. The blame didn't lie in her. It laid in the hearts of the people she once called 'family'.

Is it my fault I have the blood of a heavenly maiden?! Can I help being born in the Mikage line?! Why don't they understand it? I want my old life back. I want to hang out with my friends again, see the old hags at school, be with my family without fear. I don't want any of this! I DON'T WANT TO BE A HEAVENLY MAIDEN!

The angry thought infuriated her more as Aya plunged into her thoughts and cancelled out the world. She was getting so angry and grief struck it started happening again. The transformation.

I want dad back, I want grandpa to be the way he was, I want my family not to be killers anymore, I want to be home with Aki and mom and dad. I don't want this.

Aya started crying yet again. The transformation she had unknowingly started, stopped abruptly the exact same way. Aya would never admit to people how much she had been crying lately. She was too strong for that, too strong to reveal her feelings.

I think I know now. This is a nightmare! I'm going to wake up any minute now and see Aki sitting by my bed, wondering why I was screaming. Wake me up Aki!

Aya decided that time in the bath was long enough. She didn't want Yuhi to walk in on her again. She smiled at the memory of kicking his ass for doing said action. He had no idea a girl could be so strong. Aya chuckled to herself as she exited the bath to her room were she could lie and hope this was all a nightmare. But there was one thing that lied in the bottom of her heart. The sickening realization that this nightmare was real.

She would never wake up.

_______________________________________________________ _________________

Well what'd ya think? This is my first shot at an Ayashi no Ceres fanfic so I would really appreciate good tips and constructive criticism. I based this right after her dad died in the manga and it's an alternate form of her thoughts (just in case you peoples are saying 'we know what she was thinking!). Just remember I only have one book of the manga and haven't yet seen the anime so I'm not even a third way into the series yet. My goal is to make this understood without going further than that point in time. I love feedback so please review!