Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Kagura Goes to Visit Chiyo-chan ❯ Kagura Goes to Visit Chiyo-chan ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagura Goes to Visit Chiyo-chan
by
triviatrap1982

Disclaimer: I don't own Azumanga Daioh. Kiyohiko Azuma does, and ADV FIlms holds the license to it.


Kagura's just got admitted into the university. Though she and Osaka are now roommates...she felt like she needed to do something. She's studying physical education to be like Nyamo. She's also doing marathon English study sessions so she won't mess it up when she goes to America. Her interest in in going to America was to go visit Chiyo Mihama. She's also lucky that she doesn't have to put up with Yukari's bad driving to get to the airport.

"Hey what'cha doing?" Osaka asked.

"Oh, I'm studying my conversational English," Kagura said.

"Well, at least the professor's more like Nyamo than Yukari."

"That's true, but my swim coach is lazy as hell."

"Anyway, I got to go study my History classes."

"Well good luck then...you'll need it."

"I know, but this and the Classics are so easy."

'Just keep telling yourself that,' Kagura thought as she shut her book.

Once she was finished, she went to get her passport to travel to America. She got an e-mail from Chiyo that she's going to come and pick her up. she ended up going to UCLA for her courses in Business and Accounting for a double major. She got her passport, and she went to buy her ticket from the travel agent. Though Yomi was working there part time to help pay for her studies. She was, however, good at getting the college kids a cheaper fare (let's face it most are in debt about now).

"Yomi, I need a trip to Los Angles, California with only 100,000 yen!

"I can arrange something for 11,500 yen," Yomi said.

"Well, I don't want cut-rate, but I want decent."

"For decent I can do so for 50,000 yen."

"Alright, I need a fight to LAX for this Saturday."

"Ah, you're in luck we have a package for 47,279 yen."

"I'll take it!"

"Alright, you have your shots and passports?"

"I need a shot to go to America?"

"Oh, sorry, too many people going on an African photo Safari."

"It's okay, I'm sure that they hated needles."

Yomi typed out the information as Kagura presented her drivers license (new normal) as she waited, Yomi's boss was looking over and was very proud of her. However, Yomi wasn’t going to be in the field much longer. Once everything got arranged, Yomi then gave Kagura some more fair warning.

"Alright, you're going to have to leave all gels and liquids at home," Yomi said.

"It's alright; I only use toothpaste and anti-persprant, but just this once."

"Well, it's every time you travel," Yomi said.

"Oh yeah, I'll keep that in mind as I pack."

"Make sure you have no blades or any other objects that can be used as a weapon."

"Right, is there anything else I need to know?”

"Have fun and tell Chiyo-chan I said hello."

"You got that right," Kagura said.

Kagura then got her ticket and she went home to pack. She only packed her camera and her laptop with a week's worth of clothing. Spring break is coming up for both he and Chiyo-chan and she didn't want to chance it. She kept out all of the banned items from her baggage and she was finished. Osaka came and she was chasing a couple of dust particles.

"Aw, they settled...they all look the same!" The Osakan said...disappointed.

"Well...the dust beat you again?" Kagura asked.

"Yeah, they did this time."

"You'll catch 'em next time."

"Thanks...hey why are you so packed up?"

"I'm gong to visit Chiyo-chan this week."

"Oh yeah, I wonder how she's doing?"

"She's doing well...but I'm going to e-mail her to tell her when I'm coming."

Kagura did just that. On the other end Chiyo looked on her laptop monitor and she nearly fainted. She then smiled and she went to get her dorm room ready. At her parents’ request, she was only allowed to have her friends in her dorm. They had to listen because they didn't know what the older women could do. It ended up being a good idea since Chiyo's starting to look like a young woman. Then...once that day came, Kaorin arrived, went though security, and she met up with Chiyo.

"Hey Chiyo," Kagura said, "how are you doing?"

"I'm doing well," Chiyo said. There was one thing that Kagura noticed that made her even more cute.

"Since when did you have to start wearing glasses?" Kagura asked.

"Oh, that, I had trouble seeing after I came here...and I had to get them."

'Damn, she's super cute with them on!' Kagura thought. "Well, why don't we go to your place?"

"Sure, I have to check you in and get you an ID so you won't get thrown out."

They left the airport, and the cab ended up going to UCLA. Once she got Kagura checked in and her ID, it was time for the tour of campus. Kagura's amazed that there's so many different people here. She then took Kagura to her dorm. It was something that she expected, since it looked like her and Osaka's apartment.

"Wow, this is a nice place," Kagura said as she took her shoes off and set them neatly in the corner.

"Thank you," Chiyo-chan said, "it was my parents’ idea."

"You know, I don't blame them a bit."

"Yeah, hey, you're hungry?"

"Yes, I am...they didn't serve anything on the flight over."

"I'll go get something to eat, you make yourself comfortable.

She went to go and get something to eat for Kagura who took out her camera and charged up the battery. She then opened up her laptop and she checked her e-mail. She got the wi-fi herself. She then checked her mail, and she went off line. Her host then returned with some food for them both, with a smile.

"Well, that was quick!" Kagura said.

"It wasn't much of a line," Chiyo answered.

"Let's eat."

"Alright, we can catch up on what's happened since we separated."

"Besides Osaka still chasing dust, a lot has happened."

"Oh, tell me?"

"Well, Yomi's working part time at a travel agency and she's the one who gave me a sweet deal for this trip."

"That's really good!"

"Oh yeah, Sakaki's doing well in her studies to become a vet, and took in that gray cat that gave her a hard time."

"That must be hell for her."

"It's not, they get along now."

"Well, what about the rest of the group?"

"Tomo's actually studying along with Osaka so they're doing alright...but I don't know about Kaorin."

"She said she wanted to be an astronomer right?"

"Yeah, but we never heard from her after graduation."

The girls then ate and talked, and they caught up on what's happening. It seems that Chiyo-Chan’s going for her doctorate in business and accounting...and to become a licensed public accountant here and in Japan. After they talked and they caught up, Kagura took a picture of her friend, and she decided to save it and e-mail it to everybody else later. She then checked her mail, and it was from her parents...she had to come back because it's an emergency concerning Kaorin.

"Damn it, I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer," Kagura said.

"W-what's going on?" Chiyo asked.

"I got to go back; my parents said something happened to Kaorin."

"I understand."

"I'm sorry; I'll come and visit as soon as my summer break comes up."

"That's okay, I'll be back then."

Kagura put her shoes on, and she rushed to the airport. She had everything packed quickly. She then gave Chiyo a kiss on her forehead and she left. It was a bitter sweet moment when they both met. However, something like this would ruin a trip. Chiyo had her own digital camera and she took a picture and e-mailed it to everybody. She didn't want to wait until Kagura got to it.