Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Million Dollar Sakaki ❯ The Trailer ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
"Million Dollar Sakaki" is a hybrid of my favorite boxing films "Rocky", "Million Dollar Baby" and "Raging Bull". It has the Azumanga Daioh comedy in it, so you can be in for a laugh. As for the sport of Women's Boxing, Miss Sakaki is the main attraction. From her first days of boxing training from Miss Kurosawa, Sakaki did not believe that she has various hand speeds and techniques. Sakaki is always stunned that everytime she'd go to a boxing match, she'd quickly learn the punches by working her tall body out. When Kurosawa is surprised by Sakaki's skill, she and Miss Yukari wants Sakaki to enter the boxing world. Other students are boasting her to enter, so is Kaorin, who admired Sakaki's boxing a lot. Sakaki began working out, and wins her first Pro-Test match. Being 5'8" in height, Sakaki begins to feel that boxing is making her feel a little good. From her 4 round matches advancing to the 12 round matches, Sakaki is going to head for the big money matches. When Ms. Yukari reads about up and coming boxer Jennifer "Elektra" Rink is going to get to shot at the no. 1 contender spot from the Title Bout against current WBO champion "The Fighting Nun" Marie Lubbock, Yukari wants to bet everything on Sakaki winning against Rink, but Kurosawa is dead set against it. Yomi thinks that Sakaki should fight the other fighters in the top 10 before getting to Rink. Chiyo-Chan also suggests it should be best that when the time comes when Rink is at number one, Sakaki should be at second place in the top ten to fight her. Can the "Gentle Ultimate Boxer" go against "Elektra" to steal the no. 1 spot? Enjoy the trailer I whipped up. Remember, this is a unique crossover of the real world and anime world.

The screen is black, and the superimposed card "COMING FROM JAMES NELSON FANFICTION..." appears in "Rage Italic" font. The card fades to black.

The song "Rocky Mountains" (Wendy Carlos and Rachael Elkind) from "The Shining" soundtrack plays. The film is in black and white. The camera shows the tall shadow on the wall working the heavy bag, with the figure's hair flowing like the wind behind her.

NARRATOR: One of Azumanga Daioh's tallest students is working very hard on America's Sweet Science.

Next scene: Miss Kurosawa tells the students of their season long sport. Kurosawa holds a pair of boxing gloves by the ropes.

KUROSAWA: Today, we're learning boxing.

TOMO: WOW!! Body blows, jabs, uppercuts, ALRIGHT! Now we can whip some butt!!

KUROSAWA: Boxing is NOT for bad purposes.

Next scene: Sakaki throws her punches at her normal speed when she is catching some leaves from the Cherry Blossom tree in The Matrix-like slow motion.

NARRATOR: Miss Sakaki. The gentle girl with an unknown sense for Boxing.

Next scene: Sakaki telling the truth to Miss Kurosawa that she doesn't like to box.

SAKAKI: I can hurt somebody if I don't know where I land my fists.

KUROSAWA: C'mon, it's not about hurting opponents badly, it's how you do the boxing. If you kill, you'd get the boot from the boxing club.

SAKAKI: I hate to get kicked out...

KUROSAWA: You won't. You're as gentle as your feelings are.

Next scene: Sakaki hitting the pads of an amusement machine.

NARRATOR: She has lightning quick hand speed to rival every other woman boxer.

Next scene: Yukari, Kurosawa and Sakaki at a Sushi Bar talking about a Pro-Test match.

KUROSAWA: I have some news for you. The guys from the training gym want you to try-out for your Pro-Test match.

YUKARI: Alright! Your first boxing match!! Sakaki, you'll get it made!!

KUROSAWA: (Intterrupting) A Pro-Test is a QUALIFICATION match to see if Sakaki is good enough to get a license!

YUKARI: Big deal! A Pro-Test is a first big time match!

KUROSAWA: It's NOT how it goes! You want to win your Pro-Test before you go into the minors!

SAKAKI: (Softly) I'll enter the Pro-Test.

Next scene: The "Raging Bull"-like Pro-Test match when Sakaki knocks an opponent off her feet.

NARRATOR: Miss Sakaki is at the head of the boxing class.

YOMI: (Watching that devastating punch) Whoa, what a punch she has!

OSAKA: Did you see that opponent? Why is she spitting blood? Looks like a lip bleed.

KAGURA: That type of stuff happens everytime. They're minor.

Next scene: A montage of Sakaki vs. Every woman boxer matches in black and white.

NARRATOR: Once Sakaki rises, every challenge awaits her...until the no. 1 contender is in town to take on the Title holder.

Next scene: Yukari reading the paper about Jennifer "Elektra" Rink.

YUKARI: Who's this "Elektra"? She's a wimp!

YOMI: Rink's body is like electricity. Her body will not short circuit.

Next scene: A black and white montage of Rink's fights with the previous scene continues.

TOMI: (Offscreen) Her punches are also like electricity. Once you get hit by one of them, she'll turn your power supply off inside of a few rounds!

OSAKA: (Offscreen) Don't you need a power generator for your fists to cause them to malfunction?

YOMI: (Offscreen) She malfunctions her opponents with her STRENGTH!!!

Next scene: An interview with a sportscaster talking to Rink in the locker room.

SPORTSCASTER: Thinking about being in the no. 1 spot, how does it feel to go about Marie Lubbock, the WBO Title champ?

RINK: Lubbock will meet her maker. My electricity can't match her stature. She'll be praying to go back to being a nun!

Next scene: Kurosawa watches the same interview on TV, leaving Sakaki feeling determined.

KUROSAWA: Sakaki, you're at no. 2. You have to accept it! I'm tired of that Electric crap of hers!

SAKAKI: I'll...I'll malfunction her...with the Eye Of...The Iriomote Mountain Cat!!

YOMI: Is that..."Eye Of The Tiger"?

CHIYO: The Iriomote Cat is strong like the tiger!

Next scene: Alternating scenes of Sakaki and Rink.

NARRATOR: Rink wants to electrify Marie Lubbock for the title. Sakaki just wants to be at the no. 1 spot.

The title card "MILLION DOLLAR SAKAKI" appears.

NARRATOR: Million Dollar Sakaki. (Montage of cast members) Starring Christine Auten as Sakaki. Jessica Boone as Chiyo-Chan. Luci Christain as Yukari. Monica Rial as Kurosawa. Jennifer Garner as "Elektra" Rink. Heather Langenkamp as Marie Lubbock.

Back to the title card.

NARRATOR: "Million Dollar Sakaki". The gentle ultimate boxer's million to one shot will be perfect. Coming soon from James Nelson Fanfiction.

Azumanga Daioh is copyrighted by Kiyohiko Azuma. Just The Ten Of Us is copyrighted by Warner Bros.

There you go. I feel like this is going to be another fanfic I can feel good of.