Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Million Dollar Sakaki ❯ Sakaki Remembers/The Videl vs. Jessie bout ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here I go. Wish me luck!

Chapter 1: Miss Sakaki's love of boxing/Videl vs. Jessie

The screen is black. The superimposed cards appear in order:

A JAMES NELSON FANFICTION

CHRISTINE M. AUTEN in...

After that superimposed card, the black and white screen abruptly shows Miss Sakaki jumping in the ring, wearing a burgundy/pink robe. News reporters take photos. Now, the title card reads in blood red:

MILLION DOLLAR SAKAKI

As Sakaki throws punches, the credits roll along with the onmious theme, The Terminator's Arrival, from the first Terminator movie playing in the background.

Yukari Tanazaki LUCI CHRISTIAN

Minamo Kurosawa MONICA RIAL

Kimura ANDY McAVIN

Chiyo Mihama JESSICA BOONE

Tomo Takino MANDY CLARK

Koyomi Mizuhara NANCY NOVOTNY

Kagura ALLISON L. SUMRALL

Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga KIRA VINCENT-DAVIS

Kaorin TIFFANY GRANT

Chihiro HILARY HAAG

Featuring
JAMIE LUNER
JOANN WILLETTE
BROOKE THEISSMARK RUFFALO
BEN AFFLECK

Fighters
Videl...KARA EDWARDS
Jessie...RACHAEL LILLIS
Deanna Sullivan...ELISHA CUTHBERT
Lila Kramer...HILARY DUFF
Francine Martin...HILARY SWANK
Jennifer Rink...JENNIFER GARNER
Marie Lubbock...HEATHER LANGENKAMP

"Azumanga Daioh" copyrighted by Kiyohiko Azuma
"Just The Ten Of Us" copyrighted by Warner Bros. TV

Written by JAMES NELSON

The theme fades as the scene abruptly shows a superimposed card on a black bg. It says...

"AZUMANGA, JAPAN: 2004"

The scene shows the exterior of Sakaki's modern house. Next, the signs say "THE HOME OF AZUMANGA'S OWN WBO TITLE HOLDER, MISS SAKAKI", and "THE MOST QUICKEST WOMAN ALIVE!!"

We go inside Sakaki's bedroom. It's adorned with cat posters, stuffed cats and dolphins, cat bedsheets, whatever deals with cats. The camera now shows boxing stuff; boxing almanacs, red gloves, the pink shirt with an iron-on of Kamineko's face on the front, a pair of brugundy trunks with a NecoConeco patch on the left leg and Mayaa's face on the sides, and the WBO belt she won.

Now, we see Miss Sakaki, slim, athletic, tall, long black hair that can match Crystal Gayle's hair in comparison. She wears an ordinary sportsbra with sweat pants. She's always gentle and quiet, although she doesn't knew about her hidden talent for boxing. Sakaki remembers as she spoke to herself...

SAKAKI: When I went on my first day of school, I was happy that we have P.E. I am very good in track, and Kurosawa-Sensei loves me for that. All the other classmates love me, even Chiyo-Chan and Kaori admire me a lot. Is it because of my strength in track? My love for being myself? And not having my egos take over me? I'm all of those. All of a sudden, not only I was good in track, I was...and still am great in one sport that I, at first, thought it was violent to me. I really do not like violence, but Tomo does. From Miss Kurosawa, she thinks I should love my new talent. My new talent...is boxing.

Superimposed card: "THE Z WARRIOR VS. SPIRAL GIRL BOUT: September 13, 2002"

Now, we sigue into an ongoing bout between Videl from Dragon Ball Z and Jessie from Team Rocket. Videl's black permed hair vs. Jessie's long spiral hair. Black gloves vs. Fiery red gloves. Two different anime universes battling it out. Jessie comes out at Videl with a series of one-two's.

ANNOUNCER: Videl from Dragon Ball Z and Jessie from Team Rocket in the Tokyo Stadium. Videl is undefeated in the Budokai tournaments, but she's well behind on points.

Videl has a cut on her left eye so far. After Jessie threw 2 rights, the bell rings. They both go back to their corners.

ANNOUNCER: The Z Warrior has taken a lot of punishment in this bout. Videl is cut around the left eye. Jessie has outboxed her...

The camera zooms in on Videl's corner with Gohan as her trainer, and her father, Hercule as her cutman.

GOHAN: Videl, tell me why. Why the hell do we have to come to Tokyo for you to get beaten by this bad hair day girl? C'mon, do the right thing!

On Jessie's corner, Meowth is the trainer, and James is the cutman.

JAMES: Why isn't she down? Do you think she's tough than you?

MEOWTH: Because she's more experienced than her!

JESSIE: (Out of breath) Shut up, brats! I don't know what that brat has, she dropped me more times!

MEOWTH: Yeah, but you're still ahead on points!

JAMES: Of course, Jessie! You can still win!

Back to Videl's corner...

HERCULE: She's got you by the knees, Videl baby! You're outpointed! You're comin' up for the tenth! You're gonna have to knock her out and send her back collecting more Pokemon!

GOHAN: I wantcha to bite 'er, kick 'er, do ANYTHING ya gotta do! Nobody's lookin'. You know what to do. It's just like home, baby. All over her body! Knock her out, you understand? Knock her out!

VIDEL: Hey, ya wanna take my place? Wanna try takin' her out?

The 10 second buzzer sounds. In the audience, Miss Sakaki, in casual clothing, watches closely to the ring. Checking out everything: The punching, the rules, etc.

On the other side of the audience, a fight breaks out between two fans who want to settle a hard bet. They kick and scream until the security breaks it up.

MEOWTH: Jessie, you need a K.O.! Let's go for it! That's where it's at!

The referee signals both fighters to the center and touch gloves.

REFEREE: Tenth and final round. Good luck to you both.

The bell rings for the tenth and final round. The announcer calls out the action:

ANNOUNCER: Videl fighting out of a half crouch.

Jessie throws some mixed punches that land in the face or air.

ANNOUNCER: Jessie is against the tough fighter, a woman who doesn't know how to back up. Videl continues to bore in, out of the bob and weave...

Videl throws a left hook, sending Jessie to the canvas.

ANNOUNCER: ...hooks a left hand to the jaw, and Jessie is down!

The crowd is stand up in ovation, and Miss Sakaki politely claps along. The cameras flash as Videl gets into her neutral corner.

ANNOUNCER: The crowd is urging Videl on. The referee is tolling over Jessie. She's got to get up.

Jessie gets up, and feels like she'll continue.

ANNOUNCER: Videl comes at her once again, Jessie misses a right, takes a left body blow, and another left body blow, a hard left hand to the jaw, and Jessie is down for the second time!

The cameras flash for this second knockdown.

JAMES: She's tired! I must throw the towel!

MEOWTH: Don't THINK about it! She can still survive on points!

At the other side...

HERCULE: Kick her butt, Videl!!!

GOHAN: Yeah, baby! Go!!!

Videl is at her neutral corner.

ANNOUNCER: A determined Videl is making a great comeback here in the tenth round.

Jessie is slowly getting up. She already got up. Videl advances toward Jessie.

ANNOUNCER: Jessie is up again, Videl comes at her. A left hook to the jaw...

That blow has Jessie bouncing off the ropes.

ANNOUNCER: ...another left, and a right to the body. Three more lefts to the midsection, a hook to the jaw, two more lefts to the head, a right and a left to the jaw, Jessie goes down for the third time, and the referee is pulling Videl away.

Jessie is now dazed after these series of K.O.'s. The referee shoves Videl back to her corner. The referee goes back to the downed Jessie, with mussed up hair.

REFEREE: Two...Three...Four...Five...Six...Seven...Eight...Nine...

ANNOUNCE R: The referee is counting over Jessie, but time is running out. Videl has...

The bell signals the end of the match. The crowd cheers wildly, and Miss Sakaki also stood up clapping.

ANNOUNCER: ...and there's the bell! She can't walk, but Jessie has been saved by the bell, but did Videl do it soon enough?

Videl raises her arms in victory, and Jessie is dragged by the Team Rocket cronies, and James slaps her face in coming out. Meowth pats her back as the now swollen and 'her hair is now a big mess' Jessie pants after a long fight.

GOHAN: Videl? Videl? Come here! It's no good. This is Tokyo, not Capsule Corp.!

HERCULE: You waited too long!

GOHAN: That spiral haired bastard!

Gohan clumsily puts the robe on Videl.

VIDEL: Put the robe on right, huh? Put my robe ON right!

The ring announcer comes in the ring, standing over the hanging microphone.

RING ANNOUNCER: Ladies and gentlemen...

He motions the bell ringer to ring the bell. The bell rings.

RING ANNOUNCER: ...Under the rules of the Tokyo Boxing Commission, After ten rounds, the winner, by unaminous decision, TEAM ROCKET'S SPIRAL, JESSIE!!!

Videl, Gohan and Hercule are stunned by the decision, and the crowd jeers big time. Not Miss Sakaki. She still is watching with confidance.

JAMES: WE MADE IT!!!MEOWTH: YOU WON, JESSIE!

ANNOUNCER: The colorful Videl, the female Z Warrior, has lost her first fight.

Jessie is tired as the referee lifts Jessie's right arm in victory, but she can't keep up the strength.

The audience is very upset.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: That's VIDEL'S fight! C'mon, that's Videl's fight! Videl won that fight!!

GOHAN: Videl, don't leave. Don't get outta the ring. Stay here! You won! Let her go first. Stay in, I'm tellin' ya!

Videl struts in the ring with her right arm raised.

ANNOUNCER: Videl floored Jessie seven times in the fight, but Videl still lost the fight.

Videl took off her robe and tossed it out of the ring to Miss Sakaki. She was surprised. She thought about giving it back, but she wouldn't, now it's a priceless item. Also, the audience cheers for Videl. They chant her name, and at the same time, the audience (Not Miss Sakaki) threw chairs, popcorn trays, and other debris at the ring in disgust over Jessie's victory. As the Team Rocket cronies take Jessie out, the members do obscene gestures and spit insults at James and Meowth. A big scuffle begins as a few people go in the ring and toss each other off! Videl and her members quickly go out as this tirade continues. The ring announcer motions the band to play "Eye Of The Tiger" to sign off. The band plays the song, but the fight still rages on. Miss Sakaki is all around the jeering and fighting spectators, hypnotized with the new talent she'll learn.

Next time on Million Dollar Sakaki: The classmates discuss the Videl vs. Jessie fight.