Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Million Dollar Sakaki ❯ Yukari's fury/Tomo's shot at Sakaki ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
The legacy of Miss Sakaki continues. Last time we left off is when Miss Sakaki watches the Videl vs. Jessie fight, and everyone jeering for Jessie when they thought Videl won the fight. Now, the classmates are at Chiyo Mihama's summer house. Chihiro and Kaorin are the first to know as Sakaki and Chiyo do exercises when "Eye of the Tiger", used from the Videl vs. Jessie fight sigues into the boom box. We now continue from chapter one.

Chapter two: Yukari's fury/Tomo's shot at Sakaki

The Videl vs. Jessie fight concludes with tons of jeering and an out of control brawl in the ring and the audience area. The band plays "Eye of the Tiger" as we see Miss Sakaki staring at the ring with passion in her eyes. The jeering sounds die down and the scene fades to outside the Summer House with the "Eye of the Tiger" song still playing.

Title card: "THE MIHAMA SUMMER HOUSE: September, 2002"

Sakaki and Chiyo stretch their legs and arms as this same song plays on the boom box.

At the same time, Kaorin and Chihiro are at the beach, talking about the Videl vs. Jessie match.

KAORIN: ...on the back, the ref picked up her arm, she's tired. They tell Jessie she won the fight. People went bonkers.

CHIHIRO: That stuff would've never happened if that 3 K.O. rule existed. You know Jessie's going up against Tifa Lockheart, the toughest gal from the Final Fantasy universe. The spiral gal will end up very punch drunk.

KAORIN: I know.

CHIHIRO: You know. You gotta make Jessie understand it's the best thing that she must retire. Videl would've won fair.

KAORIN: I said I KNOW already.

CHIHIRO: You DO know, but you gotta make JESSIE know, so does that whiny James and the talking cat.

KAORIN: Hey, you wanna stop this? When are ya gonna shut up about that stuff? I told ya! I understand every single thing! She just wants to make money for Giovanni, that's all. Hard to understand?

CHIHIRO: It's because of a head of full body height hair.

KAORIN: You make me laugh. You think it's easy? Why don't YOU talk to her? You know what to say. Talk to her.

CHIHIRO: You know I can't talk to her after this break's over.

KAORIN: Why can't you talk to her?

CHIHIRO: 'Cause Jessie hates my guts.

KAORIN: Yeah, nobody loves Jessie for her vanity. 'Cause you oughta get used to it.

Inside the Mihama Summer House, Kagura and Tomo play a fighting game for the PS2 in the den while Yomi pets Mr. Tadakichi on the sofa. In the kitchen, Ms. Kurosawa prepares to make steaks for the classmates, and Ms. Yukari is already eating her appitizers furiously, thinking about the fight.

YUKARI: They knew. They knew who was the boss. (Eats a whole sushi piece, and scarfs down a bun) The judges didn't know. Who knows what happened with 'em? The people knew.

Ms. Kurosawa is so sick of hearing this Videl vs. Jessie news, that she is slowly cooking the steaks, especially for Yukari.

YUKARI: You don't believe me, you thought Videl was over there foolin' around, huh? You thought Videl was foolin' around, didn't ya? Tell me the truth. She ain't no foolin' around. That's in YOUR mind.

Ms. Kurosawa becomes irritated.

KUROSAWA: Yeah, so what?

YUKARI: That ABA championship belt on Videl, that's when she fools around. (Eats another bun and wolfs it down)

Yukari asks Kurosawa about the steak, considering it undercooked.

YUKARI: Is it done?

KUROSAWA: No, it's not done.

YUKARI: Don't overcook it, man. You overcook it, it's no good. It defeats its own purpose.

Ms. Kurosawa shoots a nasty look at Yukari. Yukari gets a little impatient.

YUKARI: What're you doin', muscle-bound teacher? I just said don't overcook it. You're overcookin' it. Bring it over.

KUROSAWA: You want your steak?

YUKARI: Bring it over. Bring it over!

Kurosawa is now very furious.

YUKARI: It's like a piece of charcoal! BRING IT OVER HERE!

KUROSAWA: YOU want your steak?!

YUKARI: YEAH! RIGHT NOW!

Kurosawa stabs at the steak, and takes it to Yukari's plate and slaps it.

KUROSAWA: Good! There's your stupid steak! Can't wait for it to be done?

Yukari looks at the raw and bloody, undercooked steak.

YUKARI: No, I can't wait!

Kurosawa also slaps the vegetables on the plate.

KUROSAWA: Good! Okay? Happy? Happy?

YUKARI: That's all I want. That's all I want!

KUROSAWA: That's...There. No? More? There!

Yukari violently upends the table, spilling the contents. The noises startle everyone. Yukari screams and tosses the steak to the floor.

YUKARI: Botherin' me about a steak, huh?

KUROSAWA: That's great!

YUKARI: You botherin' me about a steak?!

KUROSAWA: YEAH!!

At the outside of the summer house, Sakaki and Chiyo jog back to the house as Chihiro and Kaorin head at the front door the same time they did.

KAORIN: I agree with ya. We should be with Jessie. If she's in a good mood, I'll talk to her. What do you want me to do?

CHIHIRO: Look Kaorin, Jessie tells me every day to talk to you and speak to Videl to straighten this thing out. Y'know, I'm gonna wind up in the middle. Understand?

KAORIN: You're in the middle? I'm Jessie's friend! She's got me so nuts.

CHIHIRO: You're her friend? If you can't talk to her, who's gonna talk to her?

Kaorin thinks about this.

KAORIN: I'll talk to her after the break is over.

CHIHIRO: Do what you can, that's all. That's all I'm askin' ya.

KAORIN: I'll see you tomorrow. Chiyo and Sakaki are here.

CHIHIRO: Alright, where are you going to be?

KAORIN: I'll be at the Azumanga Beach Gym or this Summer House, one of the two.

CHIHIRO: I'll catch you by the beach gym.

KAORIN: Alright. (Before approaching Chiyo and Sakaki) Chihiro?

CHIHIRO: Yeah?

Kaorin mouths out "I hope they'll suspend Jessie."

Chihiro leaves, and Kaorin meets with Chiyo and Sakaki.

KAORIN: Miss Sakaki, how was the exercise?

Sakaki opens the door.

SAKAKI: Healthy as usual.

CHIYO: Sakaki was running like the wind!

When they are inside, the rowdiness in the summer house has begun. Kagura and Tomo argue about the video game fight, and as Chiyo, Kaorin and Sakaki with into the kitchen, they see Nyamo and Kurosawa argue!

KUROSAWA: Complain some more, Yukari! I wanna hear more!

YUKARI: Complain, huh?

KUROSAWA: I wanna hear!

YUKARI: You call those sushi?

KUROSAWA: That's right!

YUKARI: You call that food?

KUROSAWA: They were sushi! You ate 'em. Did you ate them?

Chiyo tries to break it up, but they won't listen.

CHIYO: Stop arguing! Stop it!

YUKARI: (Pushing Chiyo saide) You call THAT food?! I got no CHOOOOOOOOICE!

KUROSAWA: Did you ate that sushi?! I am SICK of you already!

YUKARI: I got no choice!

KUROSAWA: I can't BELIEVE ya!

SAKAKI: Please stop this at once!

KAORIN: Miss Sakaki!

KUROSAWA: You got no choice? Get away from me!

Yukari heads towards Nyamo and shoves her out of the kitchen.

KUROSAWA: Please!!

Yukari gestures Nyamo to go to the hallway.

YUKARI: Get in there. Get IN there!

KUROSAWA: Get your hand OFF my shoulder! Get away from me!

Kurosawa stamps off to the bedroom and shuts the door behind her.

KUROSAWA: (Offscreen) Dammit! I'm sick of you!

Sakaki, Kaorin and Chiyo head off to Nyamo's bedroom to get her into coming out. Tomo and Kagura came to see what the argument was about. Mr. Tadakichi was barking.

KAGURA: What's a matter with you out there, you animals?

YUKARI: WHAT?!

TOMO: Go outside and cool it, Miss Yukari!

KAGURA: (To Yukari) You animals!!

YUKARI: This tomboy is callin' me an animal. (To Yomi and the barking Mr. Tadakichi) Hey YOU!

SAKAKI: (Coming in the kitchen) C'mon, Miss Yukari.

YUKARI: I'm gonna get hold of that Mr. T, and I'm gonna EAT IT FOR LUNCH! Ya hear what I'm sayin'?!

Chiyo's mouth is agape with horror, she and Kaorin rushes off to the den holding Tadakichi.

YUKARI: You hear me, Yomi!? YOMI!?

YOMI: Leave us ALONE, you LOONEY!!

YUKARI: Who's the looney? You and your FRIENDS are looney, ya damn MANIAC!

Back in the den, Tomo can't take this.

TOMO: I am tired of this. I'm going to see what Sakaki's up to.

YOMI: Good, Tomo. I can't take Miss Yukari much longer.

Tomo goes to the kitchen as the tirade continues.

YUKARI: You gonna find Mr. T DEAD in the hallway tomorrow, and the little wimp will cry over it, you GEEK!

KUROSAWA: (Offscreen) I can't take this!!!

TOMO: Listen, the beach, the patrons could hear ya.

YUKARI: Oh, I'll kill the student body.

KUROSAWA: (Offscreen) I can't take this anymore!!

Nyamo starts to throw Yukari's property.

YUKARI: You break my stuff in there, I'm gonna kill ya! I promise you, I'm gonna come in there and I'm gonna kill ya!

KUROSAWA: (Offscreen) Yeah, sure! Take my P.E. class when I write my will!

SAKAKI: You wanna talk her out of it?

Yukari smirked.

KUROSAWA: (Offscreen) Oh dammit!

YUKARI: (Laughing) What'd I do?

Yukari left the kitchen leaving Sakaki and Tomo, and heads for the hallway to Kurosawa's door.

YUKARI: C'mon, Nyamo. Let's be...let's be friends. Truce, alright?

KUROSAWA: (Offscreen) It's NOT alright!

Sakaki and Tomo sit at the table.

TOMO: You can't, I'm telling you, you can't have a big opinion about Jessie winning the fixed bout, put up with this crazy sucker (Points to Yukari) here. You can't do this. I'm tellin' ya. Forget about the Jessie opinions, you got more tickets for future fights coming up. You just can't keep doin' this. (Beat) What's wrong? Something's the matter? What's up?

SAKAKI: You know what bothering me? (Looks at her hands) My hands.

TOMO: Your hands? What about 'em?

Sakaki opens her hands. They have something special about the hands.

SAKAKI: I got these small hands. I got a quick dude's hands.

TOMO: I got them too. What's a difference?

SAKAKI: Know what that means? No matter how tall I get, no matter which fight I see, no matter what I do, I ain't never gonna see the big name fighters like Christy Martin or Lucia Rijker.

TOMO: Yeah, that's right. They're women's class boxers, you're just a spectator.

SAKAKI: I am never gonna get a chance to fight the best women boxers, and you know somethin'? I want to be better than them, but I feel like I'm not getting that chance. You're askin' me what's wrong.

TOMO: You're crazy to even THINK of somethin' like that. I mean, they're high class women boxers, and you're just a boxing aficiando. It's impossible. It'll never happen. So why go crazy thinkin' about it? It's not normal.

SAKAKI: Do me a favor.

TOMO: Yeah, what?

SAKAKI: I want you to hit me in the face.

TOMO: (Shocked) What?

SAKAKI: I want you to hit me in the face.

TOMO: (Against it) Forget about it.

SAKAKI: I want you to hit me in the face. Go ahead. Take your best shot.

TOMO: I said forget about it. I ain't doin' it.

SAKAKI: C'mon, we have rivalry bouts all the time. Are you worried now? Are you gonna hit me in the...Hit me in the face. Go ahead.

TOMO: No.
SAKAKI: What, are you afraid?

TOMO: Afraid of what?

SAKAKI: C'mon, don't be a little moron. Go on, hit me.

TOMO: I ain't a moron!

SAKAKI: Hit me with your best shot. Fire away.

TOMO: C'mon Sakaki, you gotta be a real jerk, you want me to punch you in the face.

SAKAKI: Hey Tomo, didn't I tell you just to do it? Now I'm tellin' you, you gotta do it.

TOMO: I ain't hitting ya. We're friends.

SAKAKI: I'm your best friend too, Tomo. I'm tellin' ya something.

TOMO: I KNOW what you said! I ain't doin' it! I don't care if you get mad, I ain't doin' it. Athletic basketcase.

Sakaki looks at Tomo with an urge for Tomo to really hit Sakaki as if it was an experience to box.

TOMO: I'm NOT doin' it. I'm not gonna do it. I don't have any gloves anyway. What am I gonna hit you with, a table? I ain't doin' it.

Sakaki points to Nyamo's dishrag.

SAKAKI: Use that over there.

TOMO: What?

Tomo gets it from the counter.

SAKAKI: That's right. Use that.

Tomo weakly wraps the dishrag around her right fist.

SAKAKI: Wrap it around your hand! How many times I gotta tell ya?

TOMO: Not too many more.

SAKAKI: Go ahead.

TOMO: You want me to hitcha?

SAKAKI: I want you to hit me with everything you got. I want you to JUST lay me out. Go ahead.

TOMO: (Rising to her feet with Sakaki) Ya sure?

SAKAKI: Yeah.

TOMO: Alright.

SAKAKI: Go ahead.

Tomo unleases a quick but weak right hook that didn't feel Sakaki.

SAKAKI: Harder.

Tomo throws another hook.

TOMO: Yeah?

SAKAKI: You throw a punch like you take it up your mouth. C'mon. (Tomo throws a punch) Harder. (Same thing) Harder. (Sakaki slaps Tomo's left hand) Harder.

TOMO: That's HARD (Throws another), stupid! What do you want?

SAKAKI: Take it off. Take it off.

TOMO: Aww c'mon, you wanna stop now? (Takes off the rag on her right hand and slams it on the table) That's enough of that!

Sakaki slaps her again.

SAKAKI: C'mon! (Tomo throws a faster punch) Yeah, c'mon.

TOMO: Don't fool around!

SAKAKI: What are you, a mouse-brain?

Sakaki viciously slaps Tomo again.

TOMO: Oh, mouse-brain, huh?!

Tomo lands another fast right hook, but Sakaki still won't flinch. She has a left eyebrow cut.

SAKAKI: I'm gonna smack ya again. Throw it again!

TOMO: That's enough!

Sakaki slaps Tomo again.

SAKAKI: Go ahead!

Tomo lands another right hook.

SAKAKI: Harder!

TOMO: I said THAT'S ENOUGH!!

Tomo lands another one, but Sakaki demands more punishment.

SAKAKI: Harder!

TOMO: NO! Your damn cuts are opening and everything! What are ya trying to prove? What does it prove?

Sakaki draws a beat, but then she smiled and pats Tomo on the shoulder in a friendly way. Tomo playfully slaps her.

That does it for the second chapter. Stay tuned when Kurosawa teaches the P.E. class about boxing.