Batman Fan Fiction ❯ Second Sight ❯ Escape ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A security klaxon screeched as Batman took to the air duct system crawling hand over hand up the metal work towards the roof of the sky rise. If he could reach the roof then he could take to the air and disappear amongst the hectic Japanese nightlife. He knew soon he would have to leave the safety of the duct work, which his schematics showed were unprotected and had no sensory equipment. Section 9 could not track his movements though his progress would shortly be impeded.
The dark knight had to make a difficult decision and soon. Within two minutes he would run out of room, but his suit would not reset fully for another 4 minutes leaving him fully exposed to his pursuers. He rechecked his schematics and found little solace in what he found. The junction that ends the maneuverable area of the shaft delivers him to a large open area with no cover.
As he reached the end he flipped open his keypad on his wrist, he had most functionality save his cloak still was charging. Batman decided to buy himself some time. Before he reached the central computer he had planted a small explosive device. Not enough to damage anything but enough to hopefully draw the attention away from him.
At 3 minutes he set off the explosive and watched as several security guards filed through a door at the end of the open area and ran under his hiding place arguing about the explosion. Once out of site batman dropped down to the ground and ran towards the door. A small click in his ear sounded telling him his cloak was again charged; as the door swished open he disappeared from vision.
He progressed up several flights of stairs with little to no interruption until a door opened at the end of a hall he was running down. Batman took to the wall as a large Cybrog with an almost larger gun filed past. The sound of the preceding door opening and closing signaled that is was safe to move again.
“Hey bats,” Batman turned seeing no one behind him. “Your not the only one with fun tricks” He turned just in time to catch an unseen blow to his mid section knocking the breath out of him as he crashed into a wall. Luckily his suits structural integrity held taking most of the blow.
“I might not be able to see you old man,” an unseen voice called out, “but the tube in your heart screams out like a bats sonar.”
The spinning in his head began to slighten, and he had to think fast. Batman dashed through the door at then end of the hall taking a turn into another. He could hear the sound of the cloaked mans foot falls. A quick lift into his utility belt and he pulled out several small orbs that on impact on the ground burst into giant clouds of smoke.
Batman took a battle ready pose waiting for the form of the cyborg to appear. The foot falls ended and the shape of a man appeared.
“Nice one, I am impressed.” He walked back into cloud concealing himself from sight. Batman took this opportunity to head for the nearest stairwell, then to the roof.
The dark knight crashed through the door with a roll. His cloak still held as he sprang to his feet. Two clicks in his heels and his rocket boots flared to life. He felt his body lift then suddenly stopped. Something was grasping his ankle. Looking back he saw the widely grinning face of the cyborg he fought with before. Batman began to kick at the face of the man but was pulled and flung to the ground before he could complete his attack.
Rolling back up to his feet he pulled an extending bow staff and took to a defensive position. Batou cracked his cybernetic neck joints in a very Bruce lee style the took to a jitsu stance. Batman decided to take the offensive charging towards him. Just before the point of impact he stood straight up signaling he did not intend to fight anymore. Batman slid to a stop on the graveled roof.
He pointed over Batman's shoulders with a evil smile. “Your screwed now pointy ears.”
Aggressively batman turned spinning his bow dropping to a defensive stance, and was taken to shock at the sight. A scantly clad female cyborg stood before him leaning on out to extenuate her womanly physic. He had to mentally work to not let the bow spin from his hands. He had seen many a beautiful woman before, more times than not under similar circumstances. Only there was something about her something very inhuman in her beauty as his Michelangelo has sculpted her with his bare hands.
As the shock wore off she took to a stunning aerial move that took her over the dark night. On landing she took to a stunning kick attack that batman was barley able to dodge. She paused long enough to allow him to counter attack he sent a flurry of blows that she dodged with out a site of difficulty. He pulled his bow staff and began to strike with it again she dodged each parry. As he sent his attack a pounding started in the back of his head.
Back and forth there attacks went each set was dodged by the other. Only batman tried to dismiss the growing pain his body was going through until his feet gave out under him during a fallow through punch. The world went hazy and he made a mad dash for the edge. Over the edge he jumped clicking his heals he took to the air.
“Tachicoma fallow!” The major ordered as she jumped over the edge throwing out her almost invisible grappling line.
“Yes Major”
“Major I have found him.”
“I know.” She responded decloacking on the roof top over looking a small back alley. Batman lay clutching his chest in a pile of trash.