Ben 10 Fan Fiction / Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical 2 ❯ Welcome to my life ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
Throughout the rest of the week…
 
Classes went on as planned, no other couples had been abducted, but the Titans knew it wasn't over yet. So they continued to stand watch over the students. As for Garth… well. He had become despondent, and a had lost a great deal of his enthusiasm for his grades over Terri dumping him.
 
It was so bad, that Garfield was the first to notice as he didn't do well on Friday's biology quiz. “Just like me…” Garfield said to himself.
 
He remembered that for a time as Beast-Boy, after he believed Terra had dumped him forever, he had lost his confidence in life, and had grown very weak, and almost unable to live anymore.
 
But here and now, to actually see it happening to two other teens, that made it worse. To make matters ten times as worse, Terri wasn't even pretending to have amnesia like Terra did. She just up and let it go all for self-centered goals for herself.
 
She built up a young man's hopes, and then smashed it all to pieces. Garfield met with Garth early on Tuesday morning to talk to him. “Hello Garth…”
 
“Oh… good morning Professor Logan.” Garth said.
 
“I'd like a word with you for a moment.”
 
Garth felt nervous, “Sir, if this about that C-Plus I got…”
 
Garfield assured him it wasn't. “I heard about you and Terri. Things aren't going to smooth for you are they?”
 
Garth nodded sadly, “I've been an out caster most of my life, and never really made any friends. Terri was always there for me, and she was the only one who made me feel like maybe I could be so much more… I loved her.” He sighed, “But you couldn't possibly understand all this…”
 
His teacher planed to prove him wrong, “You know, Garth, this may come as bit of a surprise… but I know exactly how you feel.”
 
He explained how he, and Ms. Logan went through an experience exactly identical to his and Terri's.
 
Garfield was also an out-caster, and everyone hated him for lame excuses and no apparent reason. Then he met Ms. Logan, and they fell in love. Then she went away for a long time, and the next time he met her, she tried to force him out of his life.
 
“Things Change… the girl you want me to be is just a memory.”
 
“Really…?” asked Garth.
 
“Yes… it's true.” said a voice from behind. It was Terra, who confirmed everything. “I tried to force him out of my life just because I wanted to experience something new, but I hurt him in the process… and myself.”
 
They continued on to explain that even now, they were happily married, and loved each other to tears, what happened still haunted them… and never left them alone not once.
 
“I'll never forget what it was like for me when I cam to this school…” Garfield replied. Then using his magic voice, he began to sing a song about teenage angst, whereas his life became so frustrating, that no one understood him…
 
And a montage of memories flashed before his, and his wife's eyes, Garth was almost certain he could see them…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Garfield)
 
(Sounds like SIMPLE PLAN)
 
-Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you
Do you ever wanna runaway?
Do you lock yourself in your room?
With the radio on turned up so loud
That no one hears you screaming

No you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels all right
You don't know what it's like
To be like me

-To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life

-Do you wanna be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more?
Before your life is over
Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With their big fake smiles and stupid lies
While deep inside you're bleeding

No you don't know what it's like
When nothing feels all right
You don't know what it's like
To be like me

-To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life

-No one ever lied straight to your face
No one ever stabbed you in the back
You might think I'm happy but I'm not gonna be okay
Everybody always gave you what you wanted
Never had to work it was always there
You don't know what it's like, what it's like

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
(what it's like)

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
 
 
The song ended and Garth felt a little better, “But what am I going to do about Terri?” he asked.
 
Garfield and Terra knew that it wasn't right to persuade Terri to change her mind. For that, she had to come to her senses herself, but they did agree to at least talk to her, and help her understand that what she didn't wasn't fair and was wrong…
 
The bell rang, and Terra urged Garth, “Now run along, you'll be late for class.”
 
Garth smiled for the first time all week and ran off. “No one deserves to suffer. Not like this…” Garfield said. His wife agreed, and they walked into the school arm-in-arm.
 
But what they, and all the other students didn't see, was as Garth was climbing the flight of stairs on his own to get to first period, Kevin appeared from a dark corner and grabbed him… “MMM…!” and his glasses fell off and landed on the floor, and he was gone…!
 
 
Without his glasses to see clearly, Garth had no idea where he was, but he did hear voices; that were which identical to Professor, and Ms. Logan.
 
It was Kevin, and the cloaked-girl.
 
“Do you still think we can use him…?” Kevin asked.
 
His ally gazed Garth from head to toe, “Hmm… a wee bit small, and rather timid… but I guess he'll do.”
 
Garth nervously whimpered, “What's going on?” he cried, “Where am I…?”
 
The cloaked-girl, moved closer towards him, and Garth could see her eyes glowing in the dark. She wasn't planning on hurting him, but rather use him as bait for another trap. “This time… no foul ups. Hee, hee, hee…”
 
 
After fourth period science, Garfield wrapped things up by telling his class, “Remember, your reports on the anatomy of the plants and fungi are due to tomorrow, and I have great expectations.”
 
The bell rang, “Class dismissed...” as the students gathered their stuff and started to leave, “Oh, Terri… may speak with you a moment?”
 
Terri walked towards the big desk, “Yes, Professor…?”
 
Garfield pointed at a CD-case that was sticking through from her book-bag. “That's a fine CD you got there. Who gave it to you?”
 
Terri pulled it out, “Oh, it was Jessie, and Jody. They said it's got all the newest boy bands.” Then she suddenly remembered that CD's weren't allowed on school-property. “Oh, I'm sorry sir…”
 
Garfield assured her, “Oh this isn't about the CD.” He said as he examined it more closely, “Nice bands though… but, you wouldn't happen to have a CD by the name of Deceit?”
 
Terri felt confused, “Deceit…?” she asked, “I don't think I know that band.”
 
Terra had just dropped in, and heard everything Garfield and Teri were talking about. “Well maybe you don't recognize the composer.” she said. “Maybe these names will help…”
 
“Cheat… Lie… Trick…”
 
Terri could suddenly understand where this was going, especially when Garfield continued on saying, “Or any songs called, Things Change… Just a memory… It's over, Garth?”
 
“Do understand, or should I continue.”
 
Terri was no more than convinced that this about what she had done to Garth, “No, sir.” She said in shame. When Terra asked why Terri did what she did for real, Terri admitted, “Jessie and Jody said I should be more like a real girl, and not date a geek like Garth. They said I'd lose popularity.”
 
Garfield and Terra weren't surprised, “Come here, Terri.” Garfield said as he held her hands and looked into her eyes in shame. “I'm very disappointed in you. You sacrificed your moral and valued principles for something self-centered and material for yourself… and to top it all off you hurt someone who really cared about you, and didn't mind who you were before others. You lost far more than you gained.”
 
Terri almost looked as if she was going to cry. “Yes, Sir… I'm really sorry.”
 
Terra placed an arm on her shoulder, “I think that you should be apologizing to Garth. Not to us.”
 
Terri agreed, it was for the best. All along, she really was regretting trying to break up with Garth, and it was foolish of her to let Jessie and Jody confuse her into thinking like they did.
 
There was however just one problem…Garth had not shown up for his first period class, nor any of the other classes. Not even for Terra's Math class, or Raven's literature class, or even Cyborg's gym class and Garfield's science class.
 
Many of the students began to worry, and so did Principal Shepard. So far, three more students had been abducted since the Titans had been secretly hired, but Shepard still had confidence in their skills.
 
“Maybe he just ran off to chill somewhere?” Cyborg suggested.
 
That was least likely of suggestions, “I don't think so.” Robin said, “Garth has a great deal respect for his grades, he'd never skip school. Not like that, nor for so long.”
 
Raven just came into the lounge, and she looked really worried as she showed the team a pair of glasses she had found. “I found these on the stairs.” she said.
 
Garfield took them from her, “They're Garth's.” he said, “Now he's got me worried. He never takes off his glasses, he has a hard time seeing without them.”
 
Then it got way worse, as Copy-Cat, or Mr. Seidelmen, came in with Terri who was in tears or fright. “Terri… what's the matter?” asked Terra.
 
Copy-Cat showed them all the note that was found in Terri's locker. “This…” Robin took the note, and it was written in a very distinctive hand writing.
 
“If you ever want to see your precious boyfriend again, then come to the center of town at midnight tonight. Come alone.”
 
The Titans were all petrified in shock.
 
(Scary music bang)