Ben 10 Fan Fiction ❯ Ben 10 Universe Imagines ❯ Chilli Fries ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Requested on Quotev

Pairing: Albedo x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Albedo, Y/N, Ben

 

“Why do you guys always think that I’m the bad guy?! Doesn’t it ever cross your mind that maybe I’ve changed?!” 

 

You and Ben were standing opposite Albedo, who seemed to be up to something shady. Ben scoffed and folded his arms across his chest. “Maybe that’s because you are usually the bad guy. You’ve done nothing that could make me change my mind.”

 

Albedo’s shoulders sunk a little at his words. You never usually trusted Albedo but something, this time, seemed to be different. He held his hands in the air in surrender. “Whatever it is you think I’ve done, I promise it wasn’t me.” 

 

Ben rolled his eyes and readied the Omnitrix. “You really think I’m going to fall for that, after everything you’ve done?” Just before Ben slammed down the watch you ran and stood in front of him. “What are you doing, Y/N?! Get out of the way!” 

 

“No, Ben. I really think he’s telling the truth. There’s something different about him this time. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but he’s not the one we’re after.” Ben’s hand wavered a little at your words but he soon shook his head and regained himself. 

 

“No, Y/N. He’s still the same old Albedo. Once a bad guy, always a bad guy.” You narrowed your eyes. “Oh, really? Then what about Kevin? Is he still a bad guy?” “That’s completely different!” “No, it’s not and you know it! You just can’t stand being wrong!” 

 

Ben huffed and shook his head. “Please, Y/N, move out of the way or I’ll move you myself.” You smirked and readied your powers. “You can try, Benjamin, but we’ve done this before and it didn’t end well the last time.”

 

You both stood in a fighting stance, never breaking eye contact until Ben wavered and stood down. “Alright, Y/N, you win. But if it turns out you’re wrong...” “I’m not.” Ben shook his head and walked away, defeated. 

 

You turned around and smiled gently at Albedo, who was looking very confused. “Why did you do that?” You smiled gently. “Just, this time, there was something different about you. I knew you weren’t the cause of what’s been happening.” 

 

Albedo nodded in thanks before holding his stomach as it gurgled. “Wanna go and get some chilli fries?” His eyes lit up and smiled. “How did you know?” “Well they are Ben’s favourite food and you are his clone, so I sort of figured.” He smiled and followed you to your car.

 

___________________________________

 

You were both sat opposite each other outside Mr.Smoothie, Albedo inhaling the fries. “I didn’t actually realise how hungry you were.” You laughed as he stopped eating and slowly swallowed with wide eyes. “Sorry.” He took a sip of his smoothie and sat back. 

 

“Thank you for taking my side today. I didn’t think that you would believe me.” You shook your head. “You don’t need to thank me. I have a gut feeling about that kind of stuff and Ben knows that. He just can’t stand being wrong. But I am curious, what made you change?”

 

Albedo sat forward a little and leaned on the table. “I guess I realised just how much harm I was doing and it changed something in me. I don’t want to hurt people anymore or take control of the world, I just want to live a normal life.” You leaned forward and placed a caring hand on his.

 

“Thank you for telling me that. I know it can be hard opening up to people who you used to hate. Trust me.” Albedo smiled and squeezed your hand. “Thank you for listening. And for the record, I never hated you. It was just you were with Ben, and I didn’t really like him. You were actually the only one I liked.”

 

You blushed slightly and looked away, shyly tucking hair behind your ear. He tucked his fingers under your chin and turned your head to face him before planting a gentle kiss on your lips. He expected you to reject him and move away but instead you deepened the kiss, leaning over the table and placing your hands on his cheeks. 

 

You both moved away and smiled at each other. “That is definitely not how I thought this evening would end.” “You and me both.”