Ben 10 Fan Fiction ❯ Never let you go... ❯ Don't let me go... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My sequel to “I just love you, Gwen” isn't going well…so I will try my hand at something different…
 
`Where am I?' Fifteen year old Ben Tennyson thought. `It's so dark…I can't see anything…' He looked around. Darkness was everywhere. Suddenly, light spread across a horrific landscape. Destroyed buildings littered the area, houses were left in rubble, skyscrapers snapped in half, apartments burning…Blood…bodies littered the ground, crushed, beaten, stabbed…there was so much BLOOD! In the distance, a large white and red giant was wreaking havoc, destroying all in its path. `Way Big? I have to stop it!' Ben reached down to activate the Omnitrix…which wasn't there. `What? What's going on?' He spotted a military jeep nearby. `And the universe provides. I suppose learning to hotwire cars really does come in handy.' Ben drove through the streets, trying to avoid looking at the death and destruction surrounding him. His anger was growing with each second. `I don't know who is behind this, but they will pay!' As Ben got closer, he saw people attacking the giant alien. A familiar RV was parked nearby. `Grandpa!' Ben thought. `He'll know what's going!' “Grandpa!” Ben yelled as he threw the door open. `He redecorated?' Ben wondered vaguely. “Grandpa?” Ben heard a soft sob from the front. `Gwen?' Sure enough, Gwen was in the driver's seat, crying. She looked older than she had the last time he saw her. She was wearing the same outfit she wore in the future and was curled in a ball, hugging her knees to her chest.
“Why? Why is this happening? Kevin…Why did you betray us? Grandpa...Mom…Dad…Aunt Sandra…Uncle Carl…Why did you have to die? We need you…Ben…Why? Why are you…You're the hero…why? Please…they wouldn't have wanted this…” Gwen sobbed.
“Gwen! I'm right here! What are you talking about?” Ben tried to put a comforting hand on her shoulder, but gasped when it passed through her. “What's going on?” Ben ran outside just in time to witness Way Big pick up a tank and throw it into a mass of plumbers. Ben's blood ran cold. “No…” On Way Big's chest was the Omnitrix.
“We have no choice! We have to destroy him!” A random Plumber yelled as he and the surviving Plumbers retreated. “We can't contain him!”
“Ben! You have to stop!” Gwen had come out of the Rustbucket. “Please!”
Ben noticed a soft melody playing from everywhere, yet nowhere.
 
For the pain and the sorrow
caused by my mistakes
Won't repent to a mortal
Whom is all
to blame?
Now I know I will make it
there will be a time
We'll get back our freedom
they can't fake what's inside

I'll face it
cause it's the heart of everything
Gwen seemed to have attracted `Ben's' attention. Way Big reached down and grabbed Gwen. “Please, Ben…this has to stop…” tears were running down her face. She cried out when he began to squeeze. “Don't do this…you're the hero…you couldn't save them…but it's not your fault…Come back to us…come back to me…Please…Ben…” Way Big's eyes where empty, hollow, emotionless…soulless.
 
Open up your eyes
save yourself from fading away
, now
Don't let it go
Open up your eyes
see what you've become, don't sacrifice
it's truly the heart of everything
Open up your eyes

stay with me now I'm facing
My last solemn hour
very soon i'll embrace you
On the other side
hear the crowd in the distance
screaming out my faith
Now the voice's are fading
I can feel
no more pain
“Gwen!” Ben yelled as he watched helplessly as Way Big slowly crushed the life out of her. “Noooooooooo!” He watched as Gwen's lifeless body fell to the ground. He ran over to her. Her face was still stained with sorrowful tears. Ben began to cry tears of his own. The world was cloaked in darkness one again, and Gwen's body disappeared. The haunting melody remained.
 
I'll face it
cause it's the heart of everything

open up your eyes
save yourself, from fading away now
don't let it go
open up your eyes
see what you've become, don't sacrifice
it's truly the heart of everything
“Ben…” He turned and saw his family. One by one they disappeared as he tried to run over to them, until only Gwen remained. “Stay with me Ben…Please?” Tears were running down her face as she reached out to him, slowly fading. “Please…don't leave me…don't let me go…” she begged. Ben reached out and managed to brush her hand, only to find himself falling. He stopped suddenly as Gwen caught his hand. “I won't let you go…” She said through her tears as she slowly vanished. Ben found himself falling once again.
 
Open up your eyes
Open up your eyes
 
Ben found himself at the ruins of his school, where Gwen was fighting a mutated Kevin, and losing as Kevin threw her at a wall. Ben ran to prevent her from hitting the wall and hurting herself, but she passed through him and crashed into it anyway. “Gwen!” The world around him dissolved as he ran over to Gwen. “Gwen?”
Gwen's eyes opened. “Don't let me go Ben…Please…Don't let me die…You couldn't save them…But you will always have me…” She whispered. “Don't lose yourself…”
 
Open up your eyes
save yourself, from fading away now
don't let it go
Open up your eyes
see what you've become, don't sacrifice
it's truly the heart of everything
 
“Gwen…don't…don't leave me.” Ben said, holding Gwen close to his chest. Gwen grew still and cold. “Gwen? Gwen!” Ben watched as Gwen dissolved into glowing pink dust and scattered. “Gwen!”
 
“Gwen!” Ben shot up in the bunk bed of the Rustbucket. `Just a dream…Why do I keep having these nightmares?'
“Shut up, doofus…some of us want to get a few more hours of sleep.” Gwen yawned from her bed, as she rolled over. Needless to say, Ben couldn't fall back asleep.
 
Three hours later…
“Is something wrong Ben? You've barely touched your eggs.” Max said in a worried voice. “I know it's not the kind of thing I usually cook, but you need to eat. And you haven't looked at Gwen since you got up.”
“Yeah! What's with you Ben?” Gwen chipped in. Ben looked up at Gwen. A concerned look was lingering on her face. Ben blinked. Suddenly a teary-eyed Gwen was staring back. “Don't let me go, Ben…Please…” Ben jumped out of his seat and backed away from Gwen, tears welling up in his eyes. “What's with you? I know you aren't fond of me, but this is a little extreme, don't you think?” Gwen admonished, a puzzled look on her face.
“I don't want to talk about it…” Ben said, feeling strangely compelled to answer.
“Does it have to do with what happened this morning?” Gwen asked.
“I said I don't want to talk about it!” Ben snapped. Gwen looked hurt. “I'm sorry…I just am not feeling well…I shouldn't have snapped at you…”
“Now I know something's wrong…If you want to talk, I'm willing to listen. Just tell me when you're feeling up to it.”
“I think we all are feeling a little under the weather…Maybe some music will help. I'll turn on the radio.” Max got up and turned the radio on.
 
open up your eyes
save yourself, from fading away now
don't let it go
open up your eyes
see what you've become, don't sacrifice
it's truly the heart of everything
“Grandpa, change the station!” Ben yelled, a little louder than he intended.
“This is the same station we always listen to.” Max said.
“Yeah…Why are you freaking out?” Gwen queried. “I happen to like this song.”
 
stay with me now I'm facing
My last solemn hour
very soon i'll embrace you
On the other side
hear the crowd in the distance
screaming out my faith
Now the voice's are fading
I can feel
no more pain
“Because this song is making me feel worse than I already do!” Ben shouted. Max turned of the radio.
“Ben…You know you can tell us anything.” Gwen said softly as she placed a comforting hand on Ben's shoulder. That was the final straw. Ben pulled her into a bone-crushing hug as he let the tears come.
“I won't let you die, Gwen…I will never let you go…”Ben murmured just loud enough for Gwen to hear. `Did he just…Does he…' Gwen thought.
“Ben, tell us what's going on.” Max was very concerned now. Ben had just hugged Gwen of his own free will and was now crying on her shoulder. Something was very wrong.
 
I really need to stop writing sad fics…I'm such a crybaby when it comes to sad scenes…If you want the full experience, Find and listen to the song “Heart of Everything” By Within Temptation.