Beyblade Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Michi Naranu Koi : Forbiden Love ❯ Part One ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Part One: Michi Naranu Koi (Forbidden love)

:Kurenai's POV:

In the dark part of the galaxy there is a prison. Krohzle's Maximum Security Prison. They say that if you go into this prison you are not coming out, because if the guards dont't kill you your own prison mates will. To get into this prison you need to do somthing really wrong or be wrongly accussed. So they say, but in my case and in the cases of my friends you merly have to do your job.
My name is Kurenai or The Red Assassin. My friends names are Yume or The Nightmare and Sakura or The Lethal Blossom. We are assassins and in this day and age that is not uncommon. We were put in KMSP because we talked back, defended ourselves and basicly didn't give a rat's ass. We were human, female and just pretty enough to be three of the best and most respect and feared assassins in the galaxy. So if assassins are so common how did that get us in KMSP? Because we are human, because we don't give a damn about the rules and laws of the Galaxy Police. We live in the dark side of the galaxy, we kill for money, sport and Defence. We learned at an early age that those who don't know how to fight can still die because of one.
So I got tossed in prison and met Yume and Sakura. Together we formulated a plan to get the hell out of that shit hole. But our plan was foiled and only I got out, Yume and Sakura were re-captured. That was 6 months ago. Now I'm going back to my teen-age hang out to find somone who will help me to break out my two friends and teach those assholes at KMSP a lesson they won't soon forget.

:Normal:

Kurenai re-tied her cloth eyepatch. She really did not fell like seeing all the butt ugly demons she knew were out there. Back when she first started one of her missions was to kill a shaman. Before she could however she got hit in the eye with one of its spells. Now she can see the invisible beings from earth. Why aren't they on earth still? Because there is no earth. It was distroyed in the earth year of 5000 because its sun finally blew up. The humans seeing their near end fled their planet in search of a new home world. They never found one. Humans are the nomadic race of the galaxy. Kurenai was there when the humans fled the earth. At the tender age of 5 she watched as the only home she every knew was slowly being evactuated. Her father was helping the people on the ships, he stayed behind to make sure every person was on a ship. Kurenai never saw him again. Somtime she wondered what her father would think of her now. His little girl one of the most feared assassins in the galaxy. She laughed and took another puff of her cigarette yeah, she was the prized daughter every father wanted. She shook her head. Yeah. Right. By the time she was 15 she had already been through 12 detention centers and 1000 hours of comunity service on various planets in the galaxy.
Right now Kurenai was floating in space. Her 'borrowed' ship was repairing itself from Kurenai's last encounter with the Galaxy Police. Her boot clad feet were up on the control panel and her trench coat draged on the steel mesh floor. She took another puff of her cigarette and looked at the vastness of space. So many millions of stars every one a sun to a system of planets. She put the cigarette in her mouth and accessed the map. She was only a couple systems away from her target. Smiling she crushed out her cigarette on the steel arm rest beside her. Hey, it wasn't her ship. She put her feet on the floor and took off towards her target.
When she arrived she landed on the outscirts of the town. She set explosives all around the ship and grabed a hover board. She lit the fuse with another lit cigarette and walk off the ship. She jumped on the hover board and took off once she was about a hundred feet away the ship exploded. Laughing she started to do a few tricks on her hover board. She looked up at the sky and she could just pick out the metor belt she lost the GP in. She took another puff of her cigarette and then while she blew out the smoke she looked and the item. She shook her head and threw it away.

"I really need to quit smoking." She said and started to do some more tricks as the town came into view. It was a dirty looking town. A perminat overcast overhead and dark buildings lit up by dieing neon lights that showed that it must of once been a florishing place. The people in the street looked dirty and gaunt, dressed in frumy and grungy clothing. But even with these facts, they talked cheerily with eachother and smiled at Kurnai as she past

She glided threw the streets almost hitting the other assassins, who shouted curses at her until she was out of ear shot. She laughed and continued flying through the streets until she came upon a very rough looking bar.

"Home sweet home." Kurenai said then jumped off her board colapsed it and entered the bar.


:Kai's POV:

Why did I sign up for this? Oh wait I didn't. Stupid god damn Ray. I'm a cop not a bounty hunter! The 'Great Kai Hiwartari' Voted best cop in the galaxy 3 times. Voted sexiest cop 4 times. My newest assignment thanks to my dear friend Ray, is to go somwhere I've never been, to find somone,
I've never met. My father would appretiate that riddle. I am to find an assassin. Assassin's are hard enough to find when you know what they look like or at least know what gender they are. I know neither about this one. I know the Name though, Kurenai, Deep Red. Also I know that they broke out of KMSP 6 months ago and that they had two others with them trying to escape and resently I learned that now they are also looking for some accomplises to help them break them out and reek havok upon the guard at KMSP.
So now I'm in the Dark part of the galaxy in the roughest assassin and bounty hunter hangout looking for Kurenai. When I meet them I am to join them and lead them into a trap waiting for them at KMSP. Looking around my current location I see so many suspects. Sighing to myself I took another drink of the orange liquid I ordered. Muttering bitterly I promised myself that Ray was going to die a painful death.

:Normal POV:

Kai sat down in the corner of the bar. Watching the door as every person entered and exited the bar, looking for anything that looked remotly close to the ideals he had in his head. He drank his drink slowly and hoped his disguise held out. Then his attention was drawn to the door again. A woman had entered. She was about have a foot shorter then Kai. She had a cloth eyepatch around her left eye. Her hair was deep red and her visable eye was deep blue. She wore a black trenchcoat over a pair of dark short-shorts that turned red in the light. She wore a sports bra of the same fabric and had two guns one straped to either thigh. She wore black boots, knee high, with three spikes coming out of each heel. When she turned Kai noticed that she had sais attached to her belt. For a assassin she was very attractive.
She sat down at the bar and ordered somthing to drink. Then she turned around to face the crowd. She looked around as if looking for something or someone. She spotted Kai and looked him over. Black trenchcoat, black muscle shirt, black pants and black shades. He had blue triangle tatoos on his jaw bone. He had a high power hand gun straped to his belt and daggers in easy reach. His hair was two colors: slate and blue. Very nice, but not who she was looking for. She looked to the table the right of Kai's there sat another loner man. Aha! This was her target.
He had chestnut hair and eyes. He wore a green muscle shirt, black baggypants black boots and had a tattoo like Sakura's on left his arm. He had a broad sword leaning against his table and a gun infront of him. He had an ice cold expression on his face and a scar across his right eye.

"Sakura has good taste..." Kurenai mused.

She grabbed her drink and went over to sit with her target. She sat down infront of the man an put her feet up on the table taking a drink of her bright green liquid and lighting up another cigarette.

"Sakura's may bloom in our heart." Kurenai said taking another drink of the green liquid.

"But will wilt if not cared for." The man replied.

"So you're Cherry's Wolf." Kurenai said knocking ash of her cigarette. "Li right."

"Yes. You are Kurenai correct."

"The one and only." Kurenai said smiling a cocky grin. "So you feel like playing my game?"

'This is a very cocky assassin' Kai thought.

"Only if I get to break the rules."

"Thats the beauty of it. There are no rules." Kurenai took another puff of her cigarette.

"But then the game looses its fun. Breaking the rules is what makes any good game."

Kurenai laughed and shook the ash off her cigarette. "Sakura does have good taste."

Li smiled and Kurenai took another drink of her drink.

Kai listened in on their conversation. So this cocky assassin was the Ledgendary Kurenai. Well fate certainly likes to mix it up. Well if she truely is Kurenai it is time to get to work. Kai got up and sat down at Kurenai's and Li's table.

"I couldn't help but over hear. Kurenai? The famous Red assassin? Who broke out of KMSP?"

"The very same" Kurenai said keeping her voice calm but reaching for one of her sais.

Kai noticed the action but pretended to not. He continued on.

"I heard that you were looking for people to raid KMSP. I'd like to help you."

"The more we have the easier it will be." Li said to Kurenai.

"That's Li." Kurenai said taking out a sai and playing with it. "He just saved your hide. I really don't like ease droppers. But he has a point. But if you get on my nerves again your dead clear?"

"Crysal." Kai said reamaining calm on the outside. On the inside he was thinking of all the most painful ways to kill Ray.

"Welcome Kai to my troupe." Kurenai said taking a puff of her cigarette. "Anyone got a ship? Mine met a explosive end."

"I do. I'll take you to it." Li said getting up.

Kurenai and Kai got up and started to follow Li. Then suddenly Kai went flying. Apparently on his own accord. Kurenai growled and took of her eye patch, her eye was an unatural neon green. She threw her sai making every body get out of the way but it stopped in midair. Then a demon appeared making everyone jump again. She walked over to it one of her guns drawn she raised the barrel level with the beasts forehead. She spoke to the demon.

"Ycn igb nsj sbrb?" She growled (Why are you here?)

"Xiy'k i qbzxr gbk qgprv?" It asked breathing hard. (Can't a demon get a drink?)

"Ycn qpq nsj ikkixv cpt?" She asked nodding towards Kai who was now standing. (Why did you attack him?)

The demon mummbled somthing and sputterd nerviously.

"Hdbfv fjpxvon!" Kurenai snapped. (Speak quickly!)

The demon began to shake and sputter and sweat emensely.

"Srb...Kys..." Kurenai began to count down. (One...Two...)

"Yipt! Cilp tbgxn!" The demon begged. (Wait! Have mercy!)

"Have mercy?! Oh thats it!" Kurenai said and pulled the trigger and pulled out her sai as the demon turned into a pile of ash.

The crownd watched Kurenai as she put away her weapons. She looked at them with a glare and the quickly went back to their business. She dropped her cigarette in the ash of the demon and walked over to Li and Kai.

"You can never get a answer out them." Kurenai said. Li smirked and continued to lead them to his ship.


:Li's POV:

Sakura has a very strange choice of friends. Kurenai, the red assassin. I hope she is as good as she believes she is. She did get out of Krohzles. Man I miss her. Sakura and I were together sence we met at the Daga System Detention Center at age 15. So many people laughed and told us to get back to reality. She a assassin myself a bounty hunter they rarely have a relationship with non-assassins let alone with one. But we didn't listen. We lived off the grid no mail no comlinks, nothing. Our relationship has been tested numerous times. Saku has already been assigned to kill me. That is what got her into Krohzles in the first place. She took the upfront money but then ran. She was hunted and eventully caught. I'll never forgive myself for not doing anything as they took her away. I can still hear her yelling and screaming at the officers who were shooting at her while I just hid in my ship.
For months I taunted and blamed myself for not doing anything. But then two months ago I learned that someone had brokin out of KMSP. At first I had hoped it was Sakura. I later learned that it was Kurenai. My interest piqued I agreed to meet with her. Now, with this nameless accomplice I am setting out to get her back from the place anyone with half a mind would stay away from.


Normal P.O.V.

After leading them to his ship Li showed them around. It was a desent sized ship, large enough for 10 people to comfortibly sit in. There was spots where life pods once were but they were not there any more. It had both steel floor and steel mesh floor where you could look down and see the floor below, with was mostly the engine and other things like that.
Kurenai liked the ship emediatly she sat down in the pilots chair and quickly familiarized herself with the controls. Kai stood back at the doorway and watched the two true bounty hunters commerse with eachother. Li was telling Kurenai more about his ship, Kurenai then asked Li about weapons and Li showed Kurenai the botton that would activate defensive or offensive mode. Li then got in the co-pilots chair and Kai hanging on to the door way, they took off.

"Set a corse for the Gythuos System. we can restock there." Kurenai said to Li getting up out of the chair and started walking towards the exit.

"Half of Gythous is run by the G.P." Li said in confusion, turning to face Kurenai, who stopped in her tracks.

"And the other half by assassins. What's the problem?" Kurenai asked looking over her sholder at Li.

"Nothing, it's just-" Li started

"Don't trust me? Sakura does, that should be good enough for you." Kurenai said walking out the door turning side ways so she could squeeze past Kai who still held onto the door frame.

Li sighed heavily and set the corse and put the ship on atuopilot. He then streched and put his feet up on the edge of the control panel. Kai watched him for a while then sat down in the pilots chair and looked out at space with Li. For a while they sat in silence, then Li started up a conversation.

"She's my fiance." He said making Kai look over at him. "Sakura."

"Is she at Krohzles?" Kai asked looking out at space again.

"Yeah." Li said then was quiet again.

"How long you guys known eachother?" Kai asked his eyes not straying from space.

"Three years, we met when we were 15. I haven't seen her in almost two years." Li said his voice distent.

"That's rough." Kai said his brain working over drive. All these years he's never really thought of assassins as humans with emotions. Now he was begining to realise that he was quite wrong.

"You get use to getting the shitty end of the stick in our life style." Li said then sighed and sat back ing his chair.

Kai was silent for a while then started on a new topic, the mysterious Kurenai.

"So what you know about Kurenai?" Kai asked finally looking a Li again.

"Only the rumors." Li said.

"What are the rumors?"

"Some are crazy, like she's a demon or a cyborg or somthing like that. " Li and Kai laughed. Li continued. "They say that she has no emotions, that her heart is colder then Yogeru. She kills without mercy, with no more reason then it's her job to do so."

"Do all assassin's think like that?" Kai cut in.

"If we did. Alot of innosent people would be dead right now." Li said so sharply that it gave Kai chills.

"You were suppost to kill each other weren't you?" Kai asked Li after a moment of silence.

"Yes. She refused to kill me, and she was hunted down like a dog for a year because she loved me. Now she's in Krohlez because of it." Li said, he looked at Kai intensly. "Do you know how hard it is to live with yourself knowning that the only reason that somone is in prison is that she loved you? And you can't do anything about it because the galaxy dosen't give a damn."

Li got up in a angery huff, the chair he was sitting in spinning in his wake. He hit the door frame savagly as he past throught the door. Kai was left to sit in silence. His brain digesting the new thoughts that it was producing.

:Kurenai:

I never ever thought in a million years that I would miss someone. But I do. Two people in fact, Yume and Sakura. Then again, I've never known anyone longer then it took me to kill them before. For two years of my life I survived with those two chicks, its a bit disconcerning accully. I mean they're only people, but I'm only human as Yume would say. Even now I'll hear Yumi's manical laughter echoing in my head, or see Sakura's intense emerald eyes in the cold reflections of space. I don't even know if they'll be alive when I get back there. Sure they'll be alive, they're tough girls...they have to be alive.