Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13
 
Serena laid on her bed, arms behind her head. It was 7:00 in the morning. Serena had been up for hours. Thanks to Biovolt, Serena always woke up at 3:00 in the morning.
 
Knock! Knock!
 
Serena smiled. If Max is anything like the boys at Biovolt… “Go away,” she mumbled sleepily.
 
“Wake up! We need to go to practice!”
 
“I'll come by later. I'm going back to sleep.”
 
Max's footsteps disappeared down the hall.
 
Huh…he's not like those boys at Biovolt.
 
Soon, Serena heard Max's footsteps again. Serena quietly got up out of bed and hid behind her bedroom her bedroom door.
 
“I didn't want to do this,” said Max stepping into the room. He was carrying a bucket full of water. He looked around. “Hey, where is she?”
 
Serena suck up behind Max and kicked him in the back of the leg. Max went down and lost his grip on the bucket. The bucket flew into the air, pouring its contents on Max and landed on his head. Serena started laughing.
 
“Hah hah. Very funny Serena,” said Max taking the bucket off his head.
 
It was several minutes before Serena stopped laughing.
 
“How did you know I would try to wake you that way?” asked Max.
 
“I've lived four years with boys who liked to do that sort of thing to me.”
 
“Darn.”
 
“Now out! I need to get ready to go!” said Serena. She pushed Max out of her room and placed the bucket in his hand. She closed the door and Max's footsteps faded down the hall. 10 minutes later, Max walked into the kitchen, where Serena was sitting at the table. She didn't look up from her blade, which was in her hands, but instead said: “Ready to go?”
 
“I need breakfast first. Don't you eat?” Max dug around the cabinets.
 
“I had coffee earlier; but I don't eat breakfast.”
 
“I thought I heard someone in the kitchen earlier. That was you?”
 
Serena nodded. “Probably should have gone out and bought a cup. I had a bloody time trying to find everything.”
 
Silence resumed as Max finished fixing his breakfast. Sitting down, Max noticed Serena's hand was clenching her blade, knuckles white, and her face was dark.
 
“What's wrong?”
 
Serena's face resumed its unemotional look as she looked at Max. “I'm just thinking about yesterday.”
 
“A lot happened yesterday. Thinking about anything in particular?”
 
Serena watched Max pile sugar onto his already sugared cereal. “It's not everyday that someone finds out that they were kidnapped from their true family. To top it off, I get a bitbeast that's stronger than the World Champions when all my life I was a weak blader.”
 
“I'm surprised that you haven't cracked. A lot was thrown at you; but I noticed that you can handle a lot. I mean, look at how you were able to get out of Dad's grasp at the store. He's a strong guy.” Max smiled. “I know what could cheer you up. A trip to the park. It's a nice to place to think. That's where I go when I'm down.”
 
“Or the candy store.” Serena grinned. In the few hours that she spent with Max, Serena had learned that Max was addicted to sugar. Tyson had came over the night before to apologize for his behavior.
 
DING DONG!
 
“I'll get that!” called Serena, coming out of the living room where she was watching Godzilla.
 
DING DONG!
 
“I'm coming! I'm coming!”
 
Tyson was standing on the porch. He reached to ring the doorbell again when Serena opened the door.
 
“Oh…it's you. What do you want?” asked Serena.
 
“I came to apologize about my behavior earlier.”
 
“Let me guess. Kenny made you come.”
 
“Um…yeah…but I am sorry.”
 
“Apology accepted.”
 
CRASH!
 
Serena turned around. “Max! That better not have been the movie collection!” she yelled.
 
“It wasn't!” came the reply.
 
Tyson chuckled. “Having problems?”
 
Serena turned back to Tyson. “He eats too much sugar. He has at least 50lbs of candy hidden somewhere. I'm going to find it and take it away.”
 
“Take dome friendly advice. “Never take away the sugar supply. The first- and last- time we did, we had to chase Max around Tokyo to have him put his clothes back on.”
 
“Okaaay…wait, I saw something on the news one time about a kid streaking through Tokyo. That was him?”
 
Tyson nodded.
 
“Thanks for the warning.”
 
“I'll see you tomorrow,” said Tyson turning to leave.
 
“If it makes you feel any better, I won't tell the world about earlier today.”
 
Tyson didn't reply. He just gave a wave and left.
 
“Hey, you ready to go?” asked Max when he was done with his highly sugared cereal.
 
“We going to the park or Tyson's?”
 
“The park. You still need to cheer up,” said Max placing his dishes in the sink.
 
“No I don't! I'm happy!” Serena pasted a smile on her face, but Max was already heading out the door. Serena ran to catch up. “How much sugar did you just have?”
 
“I don't know. Why?”
 
“Just wondering.”
“Race you to the park!” Max raced away.
 
"No fair! I don't even know where the park is!" shouted Serena. "And you're on a sugar buzz!" Serena raced after Max.
 
With his knowledge of Tokyo, combined with the fact that he was on a sugar buzz, Max won by a long shot. Serena caught up, panting. She did cross-country at her school, but she never raced. Serena paused to catch her breath.
 
"Remind me never to race you again," she said finally.
 
While they were walking through the park, Serena heard rustling in the trees. She thought it was just some squirrels, but then she heard a voice.
 
"Quiet, they'll hear us!"
 
Max looked at Serena. "Anything wrong?"
 
"No. Let's head over to Tyson's."
 
Serena knew the people in the trees were watching them. She didn't know what they wanted, but Serena wasn't going to stay to find out. As Max and Serena walked along the path, Serena kept listening for the people in the trees. Suddenly, she heard a familiar whistle, the whistle of a launched blade.
 
"Duck!" Serena shouted.
 
Max didn't know what was going on, so Serena tackled him to the ground. Two blades whizzed over where they just were, landing a little ways away.
 
"Thanks Serena. Whose blades are those?" asked Max as he and Serena got off the ground.
 
"Maybe the people in that tree can tell us." Serena pointed to a tree off to the side.
 
Two cloaked figures dropped to the ground.
 
"Damn. How'd you know?" asked one. This was the person Serena heard earlier.
 
"I told you she has remarkable hearing. It's like she can even hear a pin drop in a noisy room," said the second figure.
 
"Wait a minute. I know that voice," said Serena,
 
The hood of the second figure came down to reveal a girl with green eyes and hair that was red and black. The girl smiled. "Hello Serena.