Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12
 
“H-How could I lose? I'm the World Champ!” said Tyson.
 
Serena bent down and picked up Dragonia. /I never knew you were so strong./
 
{Isn't it great to know you can defeat the strongest blader there is?}
 
/Well…yes…but I thought the battle would be longer!/
 
Someone grabbed her wrist. Serena turned her attention back to the others. Kai let go of her wrist and nodded for her to follow him. The two walked away, stopping out of earshot. Kai held out his hand.
 
“Let me see your blade.”
 
Serena handed over Dragonia. While Kai was inspecting it, Serena looked over at the others. They seemed to be arguing.
 
“Not even a scratch. Where'd did you get the bitbeast?”
 
Serena looked back at Kai. “My…grandmother gave it to me.”
 
Kai handed back Dragonia. “And I suppose you're going to keep Kaliara?”
 
Serena nodded. “I still might need Kaliara.”
 
“Hey Serena!” Max sounded angry.
 
Serena walked over, Kai behind her. “What's up?”
 
“We just need to examine your blade,” said Kenny.
 
“What for?” asked Serena.
 
“They think you did something to your blade to give you an unfair advantage,” said Max angrily.
 
“Why would I do that? I don't cheat!”
 
“I just need to see your blade for a little bit,” said Kenny.
 
Serena muttered darkly as she handed Kenny Dragonia. Tyson looked at Serena.
 
“You must have cheated. No one's ever been able to defeat me that easily.” Tyson glared at Ray, who had opened his mouth. “Robert doesn't count!”
 
“CHEATED? I NEVER cheat!” shouted Serena.
 
“You must have,” repeated Tyson.
 
Now Serena was pissed. NO ONE called her a cheater and got away with it. She clenched her fists. “Take it back,” she said through clenched teeth.
 
“No.”
 
Quick as a flash, Serena kicked Tyson in the stomach. Tyson went on his knees, clutching where she had kicked him.
 
“NEVER call ME a CHEATER again!”
 
“Here's your blade Serena. Sorry about that.”
 
Serena snatched her blade from Kenny. Stuffing it and her launcher into her pocket, Serena whirled around and headed to the gate.
 
“Serena! Where are you going?” asked Max.
 
“Away from here. I'm not going to stay around just to be insulted.”
 
“Wait! Serena!” called Ray.
 
Serena turned, placing her mask in place.
 
“Why don't you stay for practice?” Behind Ray, Tyson looked furious.
 
“Why should I?” demanded Serena.
 
“Well…we have people coming after our bitbeasts. They're stronger than us-”
 
Max interrupted Ray. “All except Kai. His was a tie.”
 
Ray continued. “And you are stronger than us. Maybe…you could help us train?”
 
Serena looked at all of them, as if searching for something. Finally, she smiled.
 
“Sure.” Serena pulled out Dragonia and her launcher. “Who's up first?”
 
For the rest of the day, Serena battled the BladeBreakers. No matter what the BladeBreakers did though, they couldn't beat Serena. Finally, it was time for everyone to head home.
 
“Nice to meet you all,” said Serena. All but Tyson that is.
 
“See you at practice tomorrow,” said Ray.
 
“WHAT?” cried Tyson.
 
“What? Are you scared that you'll keep losing to me?” asked Serena.
 
“I'm not scared of anyone, especially a girl,” said Tyson. Those were the first words he said to her since their battle.
 
“Tyson, do you want to lose Dragoon?” asked Kenny.
 
“No,” admitted Tyson.
 
“Then I'll see you at practice tomorrow,” said Serena.
 
Serena followed Max down the street, mask set firmly in place. It was no use to show anger. Especially in front of Tyson, the annoyance that he was.