Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15
 
When the twins reached Tyson's place, everyone was in a bad mood. Tyson was the angriest.
 
“Why are they coming after our bitbeasts?” he yelled.
 
“I don't know, but they ambushed both Serena and I at the park,” said Max.
 
“And you said a trip to the park would cheer me up.” Looking at the ground, Serena walked away.
 
“What's her problem?” asked Ray.
 
“The cloaked figure who challenged Serena was her friend from school,” answered Max.
 
“Ouch,” said Tyson.
 
Their voices faded into the background as Serena got further away.
______________________________________________________________ ________________
 
Serena opened the door to her room. At the foot of the bed was an oak chest. Mr. Tate had given the key to Serena yesterday. Serena took the key from around her neck and unlocked the chest. Inside the chest were all of Serena's personal belongings; the items she couldn't live without. She had orbed them to her room after she had unpacked what she had brought with her. There were three photo albums in the chest. One had a burgundy cover with Russian letters on it. A second was white and plain looking with the word “Friends” on it. The third album Serena pulled out. It was green with a spot in the middle for a picture. The slot held a picture of Serena and Nicole. Serena started leafing through the photos. All of these pictures were taken place at the prep school in Tobyo. Serena stopped at a picture of Nicole and herself at a theme park.
 
What a wonderful day that was.
 
“Hey Smith!”
 
Serena looked at Yvette. “What is it Takahashi?”
 
“Since we're at an amusement park full of roller coasters, how about a little bet?”
 
“What do you have in mind?”
 
Yvette smiled. “A full day of nothing but roller coasters. First one to vomit loses.”
 
Serena grimaced. Yvette was always trying to out do Serena, but to do something like this…
 
“She'll do it, and I'll be with her.” Nicole slapped Serena on the back. “What's the wager?”
 
“Loser admits the other one is better.”
 
Nicole shook her head. “Not good enough. How about that and a moth of servitude to the victor?”
 
Yvette's smile grew. “You've got yourself a bet.”
 
Nicole and Yvette shook hands.
 
Serena closed the photo album and shook her head. We won and tortured Takahashi in her servitude; but that doesn't mean anything now that Nicole is after my bitbeast.
 
Serena looked up at a knock in her door, then looked back down. “What do you want Kai?”
 
“I came to see if you were alright.”
 
“Max told right?”
 
“He told all of us. He was the one who sent me to check on you. Figured since I knew you the longest, I was the best candidate. We're all in your living room playing video games. Want to come?”
 
“I can't believe she was spying on me.”
 
“I'm sorry that she did, but that doesn't mean that you can't come have fun with us.”
 
Serena smiled and looked at Kai. “This is really killing you isn't it?”
 
Kai rolled his eyes. “You have no idea. Come on.” He pulled Serena up off the floor.
 
“Hold on. Let me lock this up.” Serena placed the album back in the chest and was about to close it when Kai reached in and took out the burgundy album. He leafed through the pages.
 
“You still have these photos?”
 
“Yep, but all the important ones are in a different place.” Like the ones of you and me.
 
“Hey Kai, Serena! What's taking you so long?” called Tyson.
 
“Coming!” Serena took the album from Kai and went to put it in the chest when an idea came to her. She kept the burgundy album in her hand and closed the chest.
 
“What are you going to do with that?” asked Kai.
 
Serena walked out into the hall. “I'm going to show these photos to the others.”
 
//Are any of me?//
 
/Maybe. Why?/
 
// Those are your prank photos.//
 
/Yep./
 
Kai followed Serena out into the living room where Max and Ray were playing a fighting game. Max looked up.
 
“Hey Serena!”
 
Ray took the chance and K.O'd Max's character.
 
“No fair!” cried Max.
 
“Let me play!” Serena put down her photo album and took the controller from Max. Sitting in an armchair, Serena swung her legs about until they were hanging over an armrest. A few moments later, Serena won the fighting round.
 
“Wow. Is there anything you're NOT good at?” asked Ray.
 
“Dancing. I absolutely cannot dance,” said Serena with a smile.
 
“Where did you learn to play? I doubt Boris would have let you play video games,” said Tyson.
 
“I wasn't at Biovolt my whole life. I left when I was 13. Then I moved to a small town called Domino. I have a friend there whose grandfather owns a game shop,” said Serena.
 
“Really? Does he sell blade parts like Dad?” asked Max.
 
“Unfortunately, no one in Domino has ever heard of blading.”
 
Everyone stared at Serena in disbelief.
 
“No one there had ever heard of blading? And they live in Japan?” asked Tyson.
 
Serena nodded. “They have a different game that's popular. `Duel Monsters' I think it's called. I was never interested in it though.”
 
“What's `Duel Monsters'?” asked Ray.
 
“All I know is that it is a card game.”
 
“Are you sure no one in Domino blades?” asked Tyson.
 
Serena sighed. “Yes Tyson, I'm sure. My friend, Yugi Motou and his grandfather owns the only game shop in Domino. I asked Mr. Motou, but he didn't know what I was talking about.”
 
“So…what did you do for fun?” asked Kenny.
 
“Hung out with my Domino friends. Taught some people self-defense.”
 
“Nothing exciting then huh?” asked Max.
 
Serena shrugged. “It was a small town. What do you expect?”
 
“Hey, what does that say?” asked Kenny. He had spotted the photo album.
 
“Oh, that's my name in the Russian alphabet. I wanted to show you some pictures.” Serena got up off the arm chair. She bent down, picked up the photo album, and then continued to the couch. “Make room for me.”
 
Ray and Kenny moved to the ends of the couch as Serena sat in the middle. Tyson and Max stood behind the couch.
 
“You want to look Kai? It might bring back some memories,” said Serena sweetly.
 
Kai just gave her one of his famous I'm-not-interested-and-I-don't-care looks.
 
“Come on Kai. What harm can it do?” asked Max.
 
Kai rolled his eyes. You have no idea.