Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 47

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 47
 
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena walked out of the guest room and into the kitchen.
 
“What is it?”
 
“We need to go to the tournament.”
 
Serena looked at the clock. “But we're going to be early.”
 
“Yes, but if we want good seats, we need to leave now.”
 
“Fine. Let me grab something from my bags.” Serena walked back into the guest room. Reaching into her duffel bags, Serena pulled out the two lemon-lime soda bottles. Serena smiled. To the eye, the bottles looked like they contained lemon-lime soda. To the taste buds, the bottles held Russia's finest vodka. Placing the bottles in the pockets of her cargo pants, Serena walked into the main room. “Let's go.”
 
Outside the apartment building, a limo sat waiting. Once Nicole and Serena appeared into view, the chauffer stepped out.
 
“Miss Tate and Miss Rodriguez?”
 
“Yes,” said Serena wearily.
 
“Master Hiwatari has sent me to drive you madams to the tournament.” The chauffer opened the door in the back.
 
How did Kai know I was here?
 
Serena was so lost in thought that she missed Nicole's smug look. Nicole climbed into the limo, Serena after her. The chauffer got into the driver's seat and soon the limo was on its way. The back of the limo was silent until the arena came into view.
 
“Who do you think will win?” asked Nicole.
 
“Hopefully the BladeBreakers; but Zeo seems pretty confident that he will win.”
 
The limo stopped at the curb. The chauffer helped both girls out, then drove the limo away. Nicole rubbed her hands together, a smile on her face.
 
“Let's get our tickets. This tournament is going to be exciting!”
 
Serena looked at the tickets once they were bought.
 
“We get to pick our seats?”
 
Nicole nodded. “You've never been to a tourney before have you?”
 
Serena shook her head and handed her ticket over at the entrance. “Never had the chance to.”
 
They passed a vendor and Nicole stopped. “Hey, you want anything to drink?”
 
Serena shook her head and pulled out one of the soda bottles. “No thanks. I brought this from your place.”
 
“Where are you going to be?”
 
“The very top.”
 
Nicole nodded and got in line for the vendor. “I'll find you.”
 
On the way to the seats, Serena passed by the locker room where most bladers stayed until their match.
 
“What?!”
 
“Zagart is Zeo's father?”
 
Serena paused and stood to one side of the doorway.
 
“That's what Zeo told me,” said Tyson.
 
“So Zagart is using his own son to get our bitbeasts. That's as low as you can get,” said Max.
 
“Maybe that's what Zeo told Serena the other day. Remember, Serena wouldn't tell us because she had promised him. Zeo probably didn't want us to be-”
 
Tyson interrupted Ray. “To be what? Angry? Upset? That's all ready happened. You think that would have changed if we were told?”
 
“It wouldn't have; but maybe Serena wouldn't have gone away if we knew the truth,” said Max.
 
“But why would he have told Serena?” asked Kenny.
 
Serena walked away at that point, taking a sip of vodka. As Serena climbed the stairs to a couple of seats, she noticed how few people were at the top.
 
You'd think with blading being popular here that all of the seats would be filled.
 
Serena sat down and watched people claim seats. Nicole appeared just as DJ Jazzman announced the first match.
 
“What did I miss?” asked Nicole.
 
“Only that Zeo's team would face your brother's.”
 
“Well, maybe the BladeBreakers won't have to face Zeo.”
 
“When pigs fly,” said Serena.
 
The first battle of the match was Dunga vs. Gordo, Zeo's partner. The match didn't take long, for Gordo's blade was very powerful. If not for the prophecy, Serena would have thought Gordo was stronger than her.
 
“I wonder…if Gordo is that strong, would Zeo be stronger?”
 
“Who knows. Maybe,” said Nicole.
 
Serena took a gulp of vodka and coughed.
 
“You all right?” asked Nicole.
 
“Yeah. Just drank too much at one time,” Serena said hoarsely.
 
Nicole turned her attention back to the match. Cerberus and Flame Leopard were attacking each other fiercely. When the battle was over, no one in the stands made a sound. Zeo won with an unusual blade. It was nothing like anyone had ever seen.
 
“Not good, not good, not good,” said Serena.
 
“They get to face Kai and Ray next…I can't believe it. I was sure Ozuma and Dunga would stop them.” Nicole stared in awe at Zeo as her walked out of view.
 
“Things sometimes never go the way you want them to,”
 
Nicole opened her mouth to say something when DJ turned on his mike.
 
“Unfortunately, our next match is cancelled. Kane and Jim have withdrawn. So…let's get on with our next match. King and Queen vs. Miriam and Joseph!”
 
Serena and Nicole were silent during the match, except once. King and Queen decided to gang up on Miriam. Outbursts came out of everyone. The match would have gone to Miriam and Joseph by default since two on one was illegal; but Joseph told the officials not to stop the match and launched his own blade. In the end, King and Queen ganged up on Miriam's blade, then Joseph's, and won the match.
 
“Now all that is left is the two teams for the PsyKick's and the BladeBreakers,” said Nicole.
 
A lot of people stood up.
 
“What's going on?” asked Serena.
 
“Intermission. The semi finals will start in a little bit. Everyone's getting food or do other necessities,” answered Nicole.
 
Serena looked at the big screen. It currently was showing the semifinalists and which teams would face which.
 
“It's most likely to be Tyson and Max vs. Zeo and Gordo. You saw how strong Zeo was. Even though I am their friend, I doubt Kai and Ray could actually stop Zeo and Gordo.”
 
Nicole looked at Serena. “So you actually believe that at least one sacred bitbeast will be taken?”
 
Serena nodded. Intermission was soon over. The first semifinal match was between Tyson and Max and King and Queen. The first battle was between Max and Queen. It could be told at the beginning that Queen was doing something to throw the match. Max's blade was being demolished. Somehow, Max was able to win the match. Before King's match, King could be seen arguing with Dr. K.
 
“Trouble on the home front,” murmured Serena.
 
Apparently, King didn't want to cheat on this match. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, until Dragoon started to fail. King and Tyson launched their blades at the ceiling, where Dr. K had this big gun-like thing that was aimed at Dragoon. Both blades destroyed the gun, then went back to the match. The match went back and forth, neither blade giving an inch. In the end, Tyson won. Serena took a swig of vodka as DJ announced the other semifinal match. Nicole noticed Serena's uneasiness.
 
“Don't worry. They can beat Zeo and Gordo.”
 
“I know they can beat Gordo; but it's Zeo I'm worried about. He beat Ozuma easily,” said Serena.
 
“You have no faith in your friends.”
 
If they are my friends.
 
Up first were Gordo and Ray. It seemed like Ray would lose, until Kai said something. Whatever it was, it encouraged Ray, and Ray managed to tie with Gordo. Ray looked relieved that he didn't lose Driger. Kai, silent as always, walked up to the stadium.
 
“You may be right about the final,” said Nicole.
 
Serena didn't say anything. She just watched as Dranzer and Cerberus battled it out. There didn't seem to be one stronger than the other; but the two strengths combined were destroying the arena. Many of the spectators were running out of the arena for fear of getting hurt.
 
“Come on Serena! Let's get out of here!” Nicole was out of her seat and pulling at Serena's arm.
 
Serena shook her head. “I want to see the end of this. You go ahead.”
 
“You could get hurt!”
 
As if to prove Nicole's point, a piece of the ceiling fell on the walkway behind them.
 
“I'll be fine. Go if you want to leave.”
 
“You are not a superhero. You can die! Now come on!” Nicole pulled Serena out of the seat.
 
Serena pulled her arm out of Nicole's grip, but followed her anyways.
 
Nicole's right. I can get hurt.
 
Outside the arena, all the spectators were crowded as far as possible from the arena. In the rush of getting out, Serena had lost Nicole. Serena walked through the crowd, looking for Nicole and finishing her first bottle of vodka. It wasn't long before the rumbling from the arena stopped. Everyone seemed to calm down.
 
Where's Nicole?
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena looked about, but didn't see anyone she knew; so she continued walking.
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena stopped again and this time saw someone fight through the crowd towards her. It was Hilary.
 
“Serena! I need help!”
 
Serena didn't speak.
 
“Serena, listen. Kai lost to Zeo. Dranzer got taken and now Kai's thinking of retiring. He can't do that! We still need him. We still need you, but Tyson won't admit it. I've tried talking to Kai; but he won't listen. Can you talk to him?”
 
“Where is he?” asked Serena.
 
“Still inside. Oh, and Tyson had talked to Zeo. I didn't hear what they said; but now Tyson's turned his back on us.”
 
Serena turned to the arena. “I'll see what I can do.”