Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 46

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 46
 
 
School passed by really slow. All day Serena had to deal with Tyson's glares and his not so quiet accusations. Finally, the final bell rang; and Serena rushed from the school, not stopping until she reached Nicole's apartment. Nicole opened the door with a smile.
 
“So, how was school?” she teased.
 
Serena glared at Nicole while muttering curses.
 
“Look at it this way. The tournament is tomorrow, so the schools are closed. You won't have to deal with the all day hassles.”
 
“I just don't want to deal with them at all,” said Serena, heading to the guest room.
 
“Don't forget the opening ceremony is tonight!”
 
Serena muttered under her breath as she closed the door. Time passed until Nicole pounded on the guestroom door.
 
“Let's go Serena! It's time for the ceremony!”
 
Serena didn't open the door.
 
“Serena! You should come. Wear a hooded jacket if you want to hide.”
 
Now the door opened and Serena stepped out, but without a hooded jacket.
 
“Do I really have to go?”
 
“Yes!” Nicole pushed Serena towards the door.
 
The ceremony was being held at a big hotel. Outside, there was a line of people at the door. A man could be heard asking for invitations.
 
“Do you have an invitation?” whispered Serena.
 
Nicole shook her head. Serena groaned.
 
“What are we going to do now?”
 
“Let's just play it by ear.”
 
The line was moving at a steady rate. Soon, it was Serena and Nicole's turn.
 
“Invitations please.”
 
Nicole made a show of searching for one. Serena took her lead and did the same.
 
“Look. If you don't have your invitations, I can't let you in.”
 
“But sir! I know I just had it with me!” said Nicole.
 
“I'm sorry miss, but-”
 
“Wait!” Max came running up. “Let them in!”
 
“Master Tate! May I inquire the reason why I should?”
 
Max handed the man an envelope, pointing to Serena. “This is my sister. She's staying with a friend right now, so I couldn't give it to her. The invitations allow the holder and one guest into the hotel. Two people allowed in, two people in front of you.”
 
The man looked the invitation over.
 
“Very well.” He stepped aside. “You may go.”
 
Serena and Nicole hurried into the lobby before the man changed his mind.
 
“Thanks Max,” said Nicole.
 
Serena nodded, placing her mask of unemotionalism on.
 
“You should come back home Serena,” said Max.
 
“I've been trying to tell her that for-”
 
“MAX!”
 
“I've got to go. Are you two going to be watching the tournament tomorrow?” Max looked at Serena as he asked this.
 
“We'll be there,” said Nicole.
 
“You can count on us,” said Serena quietly.
 
Max smiled. “Thanks.” He ran off.
 
“Come on Serena. The ceremony is getting ready to start.”
 
“You go ahead Nicole. I need to find the bathroom.”
 
“Fine; but if you aren't back in a reasonable time, I'm going to hunt you down and drag you to the ceremony.” Nicole walked away.
 
Serena did what she had to do, then was back in the hall, heading to the outside court area.
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena turned around and saw Zeo walking toward her. She noticed something different about him. It may have been bitterness toward everyone; or Zagart had brainwashed Zeo.
 
“Why are you not with the BladeBreakers?” asked Zeo.
 
“We had a fight. They believed I was a spy for your father.”
 
“They're idiots. They always were too.”
 
Serena shook her head. “You've really changed Zeo. You used to look up to Tyson; and you always liked spending time with the BladeBreakers. What changed?”
 
“I realized the truth. I realized that I could never go far without a bitbeast. The one I have not, It's…it's powerful. I can go far with it. I can do anything. I can-”
 
“Zeo! Let's go!”
 
“I've got to go.”
 
“I'd wish you luck, but I don't want the BladeBreakers' bitbeasts taken away.”
 
“That's all right. I don't need luck.” Zeo walked away.
 
Serena looked at her watch and cursed. The ceremony was about to start. If she hurried now, she would be able to make it in time to catch the end of the introductions. Outside in the courtyard, a crowd of people was standing facing a table. At the table were the teams for the tournament. Serena scanned the crowd for Nicole and spotted her in the middle of the bunch. Serena elbowed her way through the crowd.
 
“I'm back.”
 
“Took you long enough.”
 
“So what did I miss?”
 
“The introductions. You know all the teams except one. Two blade part hunters, King and Queen, teamed up with the PsyKicks.”
 
“Wonderful,” muttered Serena.
 
The whistle of blades being launched reached their ears. Nicole and Serena watched as King and Queen ganged up on Dunga.
 
“Damn. That's going to ruin his blade,” said Nicole.
 
“Mr. Dickenson won't let anyone in the tournament help Dunga.”
 
“Why don't you help out? You can-”
 
“I'm not going to help!” Serena hissed. “I don't want to draw attention to-”
 
“Max already knows you're here. He probably told the others.”
 
“I am NOT going to help.”
 
Once King and Queen won the match, Mr. Dickenson stood at the podium and announced what time the tournament was going to start the next day. After that, the ceremony was over and people started to head home. Serena dragged Nicole away from the courtyard, hiding in a bulk of people.
 
Max probably did tell the others I was here. I don't want to face any of them.
 
“So, are you going to the tournament tomorrow Serena?” asked Nicole.
 
“I wouldn't miss it even if the sky was falling.”