Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 54

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 54
 
 
“What's with this traffic? There's never traffic in Domino!”
 
“Why does everyone have this strange object on their arm?”
 
“Can't look now! Too busy trying not to run over or into anything!”
 
It had been like this ever since the outskirts of town.
 
“Luckily the Kame Game Store isn't that far.”
 
“So that's the Kaiba Corp building.”
 
“If it's big, has lots of windows, and has KC in big red neon letters, then yes, that's the building.” Serena spotted the street she wanted. “Finally!”
 
The convertible parked in front of a tan building with a green roof. Red letters spelled out `Kame'.
 
“Hmmmm….doesn't look like much.” Kai grabbed his suitcase as the convertible top came up.
 
“Shut it. We're staying with my friend. Be nice.” Serena took out her bag and locked the car as Kai tried the door to the store.
 
“Locked.” Kai picked up an envelope that had fallen. “This has your name on it.”
 
“Give me that.” Serena opened the envelope and took out a note and a key. She skimmed through the note. “Well, we picked a good time to come. There's a `Duel Monsters' tourney going on right now. No wonder there was so much traffic.”
 
“They could have a least told us.”
 
“Well, we had already made the arrangements. This tournament has been going on for two days now. Maybe it'll be good to see a game that is not blading.” Serena unlocked the front door and walked in, Kai following. “Hey. Can you tell `Duel Monsters' is the most popular game here?” joked Serena. All over the shop were objects relating to `Duel Monsters'.
 
“Where to?”
 
“This way.” Serena walked through a door in the back. Like the Tates' game store, the house was behind and above the store. Stairs led to the rooms. Serena pointed out the two guest rooms. “So Kai, do you want to unpack now, or take a tour?”
 
No answer.
 
“Kai?” Serena walked down the hall to where Kai was staying. “Kai?”
 
“Hurry up and unpack.”
 
Serena jumped. She hadn't heard Kai come up behind her.
 
“How did you get unpacked so fast?”
 
“I didn't. I just shoved my suitcase under the bed.”
 
“Oh. Well then. I'll just unpack later and give you the tour of Domino now. Maybe we can find Yugi and the others along the way.”
 
“Whoopdeedoo.”
 
“Hey, if you're not going to enjoy yourself here, then why did you come?”
 
Kai remained silent. Serena sighed. “Come on Kai. Let's go.”