Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 53

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
Author's Note: The beginning of part two is here! Yay! Just to say it ahead of time, I'm sorry if some characters (Kai) are OOC. I was trying to get some information in…it didn't quite turn out and I just continued with it. So if you don't like how one character acts…SORRY! It also doesn't help that I haven't seen the series in awhile and that although I ask for the DVD episodes, no one gives them to me. I've had to stick to episode guides which tell you absolutely nothing!
 
 
 
Chapter 53
 
 
“Bye! See you in a few weeks!” Serena ran out the door, duffel bag on shoulder. She stopped short when she saw Kai leaning against her car, suitcase besides him. Serena smiled. “So you decided to come with me. What changed your mind?”
 
Kai didn't answer. Serena shook her head and unlocked the car.
 
I had to choose the quiet one to go out with.
 
With bags in the back seat, the car headed down the road.
 
“Let's see. It's now 7:00. We should be in Domino by five.”
 
Kai just stared at the road as the car went on the highway.
 
“Oh, come on Kai! No one we know is here. You can talk. Tell me, why did you decide to come?”
 
“You invited me.”
 
“Uh huh, sure. You turned me down when I called you. What's the real reason?”
 
Silence.
 
“Fine then. If this is how it is going to be, I'll kick you out now. I don't want to bring anyone who won't even try to have a good time.”
 
Serena glanced at Kai. He looked back at her with what seemed to be a smile on his face. Serena wasn't sure, because his face looked normal quickly.
 
“I wanted a change. You said in Domino no one blades. I won't have to worry about fans. Besides, I get away from that idiot Tyson.”
 
“Oh, so you're using me for your own personal gain. Here I thought you wanted to spend some time with me.”
 
Not much else was said until lunchtime.
 
“So what do you want Kai? Dine in or take out?”
 
“Take out.” Kai's eyes were closed.
 
Serena pulled into the nearest fast food joint. “What will it be?”
 
Kai reached over and pushed the button that controlled the roof.
 
“What is it with you and this secrecy stuff?” asked Serena as the roof came up.
 
“You were the same, remember? I'll have a burger meal.” Kai leaned back and closed his eyes, smirk on his face as Serena glared at him.
 
I had to ask him to come. I just had to.
 
Serena dropped the food bag onto Kai's lap when it came.
 
“Enjoy. It'll be the last you get until we reach Domino.”
 
“Do I get a bathroom break `mommy'?” Kai's smirk reappeared.
 
“Keep that up and you'll have to walk back to Tokyo. If you're good, I'll pull the car over for bathroom breaks.”
 
Kai made a noise that made Serena look over in surprise.
 
“Was that a laugh I just heard?”
 
“No.”
 
“It so was! Ha! I was beginning to think you truly had no emotions.”
 
“You know me better than that.”
 
“True and you know me well enough to give me my food.”
 
Serena's meal was placed in her lap.
 
“Enjoy.”
 
Silence filled the car as the two ate. Only when they were done did conversation resume.
 
“Tell me about your friends in Domino and anything about Domino.”
 
“After we unpack at the Kame Game Store, the Motou residence, I was going to give you a tour. Now let's see, my friends in Domino. Well, you already met Yugi and Yamura. There's Teá Gardner. She's a tall brunette, and a great friend. She's hoping to go to New York to be a dancer. I swear though, with all the spirit she has, she needs to be on a cheerleading team.” Serena thought for a moment. “I don't really have any other friends. There were the Black Dragons, but there were a lot of them. Yugi's made some other friends: Joey Wheeler and Tristan Taylor. Both are bullies, but Yugi said they stopped.”
 
“And there's no blading in Domino? What do they do?”
 
“Other games; but mostly this `Duel Monsters' thing. Apparently, it's big all over the world. Kelsey told me a little about the game. `Duel Monsters' is a card game. It's usually a one on one with a whole variety of cards, like monsters and traps and what not. There's also a big skyscraper in Domino. That's the Kaiba Corporation headquarters.”
 
“I've read about Kaiba Corp. They do games right? And isn't it run by a high schooler?”
 
“Yep. Seto Kaiba. Everyone calls him Kaiba though. Kaiba's little brother Mokuba is vice president. What's this all of a sudden? You're talking and laughing!”
 
“Was not!”
 
“You sure were! You won't admit it, but you were. And you were joking. You've dropped your tough guy act. Why?”
 
“As you said, you don't want anyone with you that won't have a good time. I figure that this is a vacation.”
 
“Good. You need to have fun. I'm surprised you face hadn't frozen into that unfeeling look you always wear.”
 
“All frozen things melt.”
 
“True. Mine's already melted.”
 
“You'll have to refreeze it when we go back to Biovolt.”
 
“How did you know about that? And what's this we stuff?”
 
“I figure I might as well go along to help out.”
 
“I don't need help.”
 
“You do too and you know it.”
 
Serena scowled at the windshield. Kai knows me too well. Wish he didn't.
 
“Mommy, I need to go to the bathroom.”
 
Serena glared at the smirking Kai. “Quit it with the mommy stuff!”