Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 52

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 52
 
 
“You're leaving us? Again?”
 
Serena looked at Tyson. “Just for a couple weeks. I'm visiting my friends in Domino; and I won't leave for a couple weeks anyways.”
 
“But-”
 
“Oh come on Tyson. I don't see you complaining about Max going to America those weeks!”
 
“Yeah, but-”
 
“Leave it be Tyson. Come on Serena. There's a lot of information to go over before the next tournament,” said Kenny.
 
“Quick question. Why do I need to know about every blader? They won't know anything about me.”
 
“So you'll be at an advantage,” said Kenny.
 
“She's at an advantage anyways. She has the prophecy on her side; and she has yet to have a battle that lasts for five minutes,” said Ray.
 
“That's for sure,” said Max.
 
Serena took the `class' anyways. She learned the members of each team, their bitbeasts, and any other tidbits Kenny had about them. Serena had to go outside one day, after reading that Tala Valcov had been turned into a cyborg. Serena climbed up into a big leafy tree besides Tyson's house. Sitting on a branch halfway up, Serena was hidden from view.
 
It's finally operational. If I go back to Biovolt, I'll become a freak.
 
It was quiet and peaceful in the tree, although there was an occasional yell from Tyson. It was a while before Serena heard someone calling her name. Looking down, Serena saw Max walking underneath the tree.
 
Maybe if I'm quiet, Max won't know I'm here.
 
Unfortunately, Serena heard Max climbing up the tree. He was huffing and puffing as he pulled himself onto the branch below hers.
 
“How can you…climb…this tree?”
 
“I've had lots of practice.”
 
Silence for a while.
 
“You read about Tala didn't you?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
The branch Serena was on shook as Max pulled himself up onto it.
 
“You don't have to worry Serena. They won't be able to get you now. You don't have to worry about becoming an experiment.”
 
“That's the problem Max. I won't be an experiment. Valcov was. I'll be the real deal. I'll be a freak.”
 
Max sighed and looked upwards, as if the answer was up in the sky. “You won't be a freak,” he sad finally.
 
“Yes I would. I'll be changed into something I'm not.”
 
“What? Strong? You all ready are that. I don't think anyone else could have dealt with what you went through. Besides, you didn't think Zeo was a freak, and neither did we.”
 
“Zeo was what he always was. He shouldn't be considered a freak because of that.”
 
“Stop feeling pity for yourself. Boris won't get his hands on you, so you don't have to worry.” Something Serena had said earlier clicked. Max stared at his sister in disbelief. “You were thinking of going back weren't you?”
 
“How else will I bring down Boris and Biovolt? I researched into Boris's trial. There wasn't enough evidence to put Boris away like they did with Voltaire. Biovolt wasn't shut down. I need to get proof of what goes on in there.”
 
“Why not go to the authorities for help? Or we can help you-”
 
“NO!” Serena's eyes flashed. “I want to do this myself.”
 
“How?”
 
“I…don't know; but I'll think of something.”
 
“Serena, you can't do everything yourself. Let the authorities handle Boris and Biovolt.”
 
Serena rolled her eyes. “Oh sure, since they did so well the first time.”
 
“It wasn't their fault! They had no witnesses!”
 
“That's because I was the only one stupid enough not to be afraid of Boris.” Serena looked at her watch, then started down the tree.
 
“Hey, where are you going?” Max followed after her.
 
“I have to pack. I leave tomorrow.” Serena reached the ground.
 
“What time? Wooaah-omph.” Max fell out of the tree.
 
Serena helped him up, then started toward her car. “Sometime in the morning. That way, I get to Domino in the afternoon.”
 
“Are you going to say goodbye before you go?”
 
Serena turned. “Yes. Goodbye.” She climbed into her car before Max could say another word.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
There you go! That is the end of Part 1! Yay! I have more written; but I am not doing the final two parts as sequels, so keep coming back to this for more! There are a total of three parts (groan if you want to, it's okay). I am writing the third part, I'm on chapter 72…long story. Luckily, this first part was the longest of the three. Up next…well, you'll have to check for more! Only reason why I haven't already posted the second part was that my computer died…twice (I swear Ma! It wasn't my fault!). Anyways, this is the time for me to beg….Please PLEASE review! I want to know what people think of this one part…so please please PLEASE review!