Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 51

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 51
 
 
“Thanks you guys! I had a good time.” Serena waved as she headed to her new car.
 
“No problem,” said Tyson. His eyes were glued to Max's car.
 
“Tyson, you're going to have to move so I don't run you over,” said Max.
 
“Oh…right. Sorry.”
 
“See you at the house Serena!” Max drove away.
 
“See you tomorrow Serena,” said Ray.
 
“Tomorrow you get to start Bladers 101,” said Kenny.
 
“What?”
 
“I have data on most blading teams. You get to learn about each of them,” said Kenny.
 
“Why?”
 
“I'll explain tomorrow.” Kenny headed back to the dojo.
 
Serena shrugged and got into her car. The inside was black leather. I'm never going to be able to eat in here. Serena noticed a wrapped package on the seat next to her. Serena reached over and placed it in her lap. `Happy Birthday…Kai.' God, even in private he's unfeeling. Serena put the box on the seat and started the car. How do I put the top down?
 
Through process of elimination, Serena managed to find the control for the roof. Serena looked back at the dojo and saw Kai looking at her. Everyone else was dispersing.
 
/I'll open it later. Thank you./
 
//Welcome.// Kai went back into the dojo.
 
Serena shook her head and drove off. Once at the hobby store, Serena rushed to her room. She placed her presents on her bed and closed the door.
 
There. Now I can open Kai's gift.
 
Kai's other gift to her was a black leather jacket with a patch on the back. Against the red of the patch, a black dragon was shown.
 
/Wow. Thank you./
 
No reply.
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena hurried out of her room and into the kitchen. “Yeah?”
 
Max handed her the phone, then left the room.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey Serena! Happy Birthday!”
 
“Oh, hey Yug'. Thanks. How have you been?”
 
“I've been good. Hey, listen, I was calling to invite you over here to Domino. I convinced Grandpa to have you and a friend come over to visit.”
 
“That's great! When?”
 
“Well, that's why I was calling. I wanted to compare schedules.”
 
After a bit, Yugi and Serena came up with a plan.
 
“So, who are you going to bring?”
 
“I don't know. I'll have to see who is available.”
 
“Well, see you soon.”
 
“All right. Tell everyone I said hi.”
 
“Will do.”
 
Serena hung up the phone and headed to the living room where Max was on the computer.
 
“Hey Max! You want to go with me to Domino?”
 
“When?”
 
Serena told him.
 
“Can't. Those are the weeks I'm, and if you want to, going to be with Mom.”
 
“You know what the others are doing?”
 
“Tyson won't go. If there is no blading, he's not interested. Besides, you may kill him on the way.” Serena chuckled at that. Max continued. “Kenny, although he would love to learn about that Duel Monsters game, is working on his blading thesis. Ray, I think, is going to China for a visit.”
 
“That doesn't help. I guess Hilary is going to help with the summer school?”
 
“You guess right.”
 
Serena muttered under her breath and headed to her room, cell phone in hand. Will anyone be able to go with me? Serena punched Nicole's number. The phone rang once, twice, then Serena hung up. She and Zeo are in Europe. No way either one can come with me.
 
That left only one person. Serena punched another number into her cell phone. It rang once, twice, three times, then:
 
“Hiwatari residence.”
 
“Uh…yes…May I speak to Kai please?”
 
“May I inquire who is speaking?”
 
“Serena Tate.”
 
“One moment please.”
 
It was several moments before Kai's voice came on the phone.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Kai! Thanks again for the jacket and the car. Boy does that car run.”
 
“Is that all?”
 
Serena pouted. “What? I can't call to say thank you or to talk?”
 
“I see you everyday.”
 
“But we don't talk! But, all right fine. I called to invite you to come to Domino with me.”
 
Silence.
 
“So? Will you go?”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because, we can…um…”
 
Kai hung up.
 
“JERK!” Don't know why I even date him, if you can even consider our status as `dating'.
 
Serena went down the stairs two at a time. “D-d-dad!” After talking about her past, Serena decided that one way to forget was to call Mr. Tate by a paternal name. She was still working on it; but she was getting there.
 
Mr. Tate poked his head out of the store doorway. “What do you need Serena?”
 
“My friend Yugi has invited me over to Domino to visit.”
 
“When and for how long?”
 
“The weeks that Max is going to America.”
 
“Where will you stay?”
 
“At Yugi's.”
 
Mr. Tate looked thoughtful. “What about travel? Whom are you going with?”
 
“I'm going to drive; and although Yugi said I could bring a friend, no one is available.”
Mr. Tate asked several more questions, then decided to call the Motou residence. It was several moments before he got off. “All right, you can go, but you sure you don't want to go to America to visit Judy?”
 
“I'm sure D-d-dad. Thank you so much!” Serena hugged her father then ran toward her room.
 
“Oh! And Mr. Motou said they'll keep the other guest room open in case a friend changes their mind!”
 
“Thanks!” Serena rushed up the stairs. “I can go!” Serena punched her fists in the air and danced, rather poorly, all the way to her room.