Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 65

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 65
 
 
All too soon, the vacation in Domino ended. Serena and Kai packed their bags into the convertible and were off. They talked of their trip and what their reception home might be.
 
Kai held up their entwined hands. “It should be interesting.”
 
Serena groaned. “I can see Tyson now. We'll never live it down.”
 
“It's worth it though, isn't it?”
 
Serena kissed Kai's hand. “Definitely.” A sign announcing the Tokyo border appeared. “Almost home.”
 
Their first stop in Tokyo was Kai's mansion. Once the butler disappeared inside with the luggage, Kai and Serena headed to the hobby store to drop off Serena's luggage.
 
Mr. Tate looked up as they walked in. “Welcome back! Did you have fun?”
 
“Let's just say it was interesting.”
 
Mr. Tate noticed the two holding hands. He raised his eyebrows as Kai and Serena passed him. Serena winked at him then pulled Kai through the back door. Mr. Tate watched bug eyed at the black dragon that floated behind them. The two didn't stay long, just long enough to tell a white lie to Mr. Tate on how Dragonia became real and to find out where their friends were.
 
“Should have known they'd be at Tyson's. We're always at Tyson's.” Serena parked behind Max's convertible. Dragonia flew out of the backseat and over the wall into Tyson's yard. Cries followed.
 
“What the heck is that?”
 
“How can a dragon exist?”
 
Kai and Serena walked into the yard. Tyson was on the ground, staring at Dragonia who was circling above him. Serena gave a piercing whistle. Dragonia came and landed on her head.
 
Max raced out of the dojo, followed by a walking Kenny. “Serena! You're back!”
 
Ray jumped down from a tree. “It is safe to assume that dragon is yours?”
 
“What? You don't recognize her?” Serena held out her hand, palm up. Dragonia went and hovered above the hand; and then turned into her blade form. The blade dropped into Serena's hand.
 
Four pairs of eyes stared in disbelief.
 
“There was a little mishap with lightning while we were on vacation.”
 
The blade turned back into the dragon. There were a few moments where the group admired Dragonia flying through the air. Then there was catching up; and, finally, the team got around to practicing. Serena found something out during the practice. Not only was Dragonia real, but their connection was stronger. So strong in fact, that when another blade attacked Dragonia, Serena felt it too.
 
Serena was sitting on the top step of Tyson's entrance. Kai was kneeling behind her putting ointment on a cut that was on her back. He was the only one willing to do that. The others were uncomfortable with doing that; and of course, Kai was her boyfriend. Max was staring at Serena's arms at the dragons traveling up her arms. They had been hidden by her jacket, but she had taken it off once they started practice. Which was good, as her clothes were shredded too.
 
“Dad is going to flip when he sees those tattoos.”
 
“Technically, they are not tattoos. I got them in that lighting storm.”
 
“So, let's see: Dragonia is real, you get hurt when she does, your eyes have a tint of red, and you have dragons traveling up your arms-”
 
“And down my back and front.” The `tattoos' circled her arms, crisscrossed at the base of her neck, circled around, crisscrossed between her breast, traveled down the back, crisscrossed again, and ended, maws open, at her bellybutton.
 
Tyson didn't pause. “-is there anything else from that lightning storm?”
 
Serena tilted her head, a small shudder of pleasure from Kai's touch passing through her. “I think that's it.”
 
Kai and Serena saved the biggest surprise for when practice was over. Kai had walked Serena to her car and kissed her in plain view of the others. There were wolf whistles and cat calls.
 
Serena winked at Kai. “I think that gave the picture.”
 
“They don't seem too surprised.”
 
“Well, we have been spending a lot of time together.”
 
Like Serena predicted, Tyson did not let the two of them live it down. The others accepted it; but more than once at practice was Tyson at the other end of Serena's crimson gaze. Eventually, the taunts stopped.
 
Towards the end of summer, Serena became moody. She barely talked, unless it was to snap at someone.
 
“What is it Serena?” asked Kai at one of their dates. They were at one of the top restaurants in Tokyo.
 
Serena twirled some ramen. “Nothing.”
 
Kai put his hand on hers. “Something is wrong. You've been snapping at the littlest things.”
 
Serena sighed and put down her chopsticks. “It's Boris. He's been spotted in about every country in the world, the latest one Japan.”
 
Kai was silent for awhile. “When do we leave?”
 
“WE are not going anywhere. Dragonia and I are.” Serena placed a finger over Kai's mouth before her could speak. “Wouldn't Boris think it strange that both of us return at the same time?”
 
“A bitbeast cannot do everything. Promise me you'll tell me when you leave.”
 
Serena opened her mouth, closed it, then sighed. “All right. I'll let you know.”
 
Kai kissed her hand. “Thank you.” He went back to eating, not noticing the gleam in Serena's eyes.