Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 64

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 64
 
 
“She must be awake. Yug' won! She must be awake!” Joey burst into the medical facility. The scene was grim. Mai was still unconscious on the bed. Kai was leaning against the wall in his usual stance. Serenity and Serena were by the window. Serenity was sobbing into Serena's shoulder; and Serena herself was shaking, face turned away. Joey sunk to his knees by Mai's bed. “I don't believe it. She's still gone!” His fists landed on the bed as he buried his face into the sheets. “I'd give anything, ANYTHING, in order to bring you back Mai.”
 
“Anything?” Mai placed Joey in a headlock. “Good. Because I've had my eye on some of your cards.”
 
“Mai? But…what?” Joey freed himself from the headlock as the others crowded around the bed.
 
Over by the window, the laughter that Serena had been trying to hold back and that had been causing her to shake exploded out of her. Serenity wiped away the fake tears. The people at the bed looked over.
 
“What's so funny?” asked Tristan.
 
“How pathetic Joey sounded!” Serena nudged Serenity. “You may have a future in acting.”
 
Serenity giggled. “Thanks. Mai was good too.” Serenity moved toward the bed, leaving Serena free to be tackled by Joey, Yamura, Tristan, and Duke.
 
“Why you…! I can't believe you did that!”
 
“You're lucky if I don't shoot lightning at you!”
 
“Ow! Why are you just attacking me? It was Mai's idea!”
 
“Totally uncool man!”
 
The scuffle broke apart when a mechanical voice boomed out. “Self destruct engaged. T minus thirty minutes.”
 
“You can't be serious,” said Mai.
 
“Uh…friends…we need to leave.”
 
“Right Teá,” said Yugi.
 
The stampede of friends left the medical facility and headed to the control room. There, they learned that the engines were busted.
 
“We're going to die!” cried Tristan.
 
“Can't you fix the engines?” asked Yamura.
 
“I can try. I'm not too confident though.”
 
“We're all going to die!”
 
“Shut up Taylor!”
 
“Well, what are we to do? We're stuck with no transportation,” said Duke.
 
Everyone was stumped as they traveled back to the medical facility. It was probably the only room they could all fit in, except for the food hall; but who wanted food at this time?
 
“Fifteen minutes and counting.”
 
“So long cruel world!”
 
“I said shut up Taylor!” Serena smacked him in the head.
 
“What about the medical plane?”
 
Eyes stared at Joey, who was pointing out the window.
 
“Of course! It still works. Good thinking Joey,” said Yamura.
 
“He actually used his brain. I'm amazed.”
 
Joey growled at Serena. “I'm getting tired of the putdowns.”
 
Serena stuck her tongue out in reply. “Get used to it.”
 
“Friends! Don't argue! We need to leave!”
 
Serenity piped up. “What about Odion and the Ishtars? And everyone who mans this blimp? We need to tell them.”
 
“Right. You guys commandeer that plane. I'll go, with anyone who wants to, to spread the plan.”
 
Serenity opted to go with Mai. The others hurried to the medical plane, along the way accompanied by Bakura, who had been missing for a while. Once the situation was explained, the crew was more than willing to give the group a lift. Soon, a line of people went from the Kaiba Corporation blimp to the medical plane. Mai, Serenity, and the Egyptians were the last to board. Marik took a step in Serena's direction; but Odion took hold of his arm and steered him to the other side of the plane. The plane was crowded, but no one cared. They all just wanted to get away from the island.
 
“What about Kaiba and Mokuba?” asked Yugi.
 
“No time,” said the pilot. He got the plane off the ground. Barely were they in the air did the island blow. Out of the smoke, a Blue Eyes White Dragon jet zoomed past the medical plane.
 
Joey grabbed the radio. “Kaiba you jerk! You deliberately jammed the engines! He went on yelling until his friends pulled him away. Then he stood fuming by his sister.
 
Without any further mishap, the medical plane landed at the arena where the group had first boarded the Kaiba Corporation blimp. There, the Egyptians left them. Marik had once again tried to talk to Serena, but once again was pulled away. The group of friends headed back to the cars. Once there, they split up. Bakura was first to go. Then Mai headed to her car. With prodding from Teá, Joey went after her. Duke was next to leave. Tristan got mad at him for slipping Serenity his phone number. Joey got back just in time to yell at Tristan for passing his phone number to Serenity. Serenity gave Serena a hug as she and Joey were saying their goodbyes. Joey was going to take her to where their mother was waiting.
 
“Thank you so much Serena.”
 
“Ask your mother to sign you up for self-defense classes. And keep doing those stretches.”
 
The Wheelers left. The remaining five piled into Serena's convertible, the three Dominoans in the backseat. Dragonia sat on Kai's lap and Kai was holding Serena's hand. If Serena had looked in the rearview mirror, she would have seen a knowing look pass between her friends. After dropping Yamura and Teá off, Serena pulled her car in front of the Kame Game Store. Yugi ran in, looking for Mr. Motou. Serena and Kai headed straight upstairs, Dragonia flying afterwards. They each went to their own rooms to unpack.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Serena bent down and shoved her empty suitcase under her bed.
 
“Some exciting two days huh?”
 
Serena straightened and turned to face Kai, who was standing in the doorway. “Yeah, an exciting two days.”
 
Kai closed the door and crossed the room to Serena. Enveloped in each others arms and kissing passionately, the two fell on the bed. Dragonia flew up to the light switch and turned off the lights. The couple on the bed was thrown in darkness.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Whee! That's the end of the second part! Pretty soon you'll be caught up to where I am writing, and you'll have to wait longer for the parts. As it is, it'll be awhile before I put up the first chapter of part three. I still have to type it up and I won't be able to be on computers that often. AP exams and all. Ugh. Review please!