Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 63

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 63
 
 
Yugi ended up still doing the match. No one went to watch though, except, as everyone predicted, Marik. Serena was pacing the room, occasionally bumping into the others who were pacing. The doctor had called for a medical helicopter. The technology, as advanced as Kaiba could buy, was not enough to help Joey.
 
“Marik's gone too far. We need to do something!” said Duke.
 
“Like what? You have to admit, Yugi's much better at this saving the world thing than we are,” said Yamura.
 
“I can't believe all this is happening while I am stuck in here!”
 
Kai pulled Serena to him. “Stop pacing. You're making me dizzy.”
 
“We told you Serena. We want you to be safe,” said Tristan.
 
“I came here to hang with friends, not be locked up-”
 
“Technically, you'd be locked up in that room you and Kai are staying in. Here, you have more space to move.”
 
Serena glared at Duke. “It's still the same thing! I'm not seeing my friends much!”
 
The group started fighting, except for those three, or four if you count the unconscious Joey. Kai was holding onto Serena so she wouldn't jump her friends. Serenity was still crying at Joey's bedside. Teá was spewing one of her many friendship speeches. Voices were rising, but one voice broke through.
 
“Big Brother!”
 
The fighting stopped as Joey got off the bed. Without speaking to any one, Joey headed out of the room. The others followed, almost colliding with the doctor and other personnel.
 
“H-how can you be standing up? You were in critical condition. These men just came from the medical plane I called for you.”
 
Joey elbowed his way past. “I don't have time.”
 
“But-but-”
 
“Let him go doctor. He's obviously fine.”
 
The doctor just sputtered, not answering Yamura.
 
“So…is there anyone who needs medical attention?”
 
Tristan patted the medical person on the shoulder as he walked past. “Stick around man. There may be someone yet.”
 
Serena went to follow her friends, but Kai pulled her back into the medical room, Dragonia following. Isis was nowhere to be found.
 
“Kai! I want to go watch!” whined Serena.
 
Kai ignored her and leaned against the wall by the door, eyes closed. Serena groaned and sat in the chair by Mai's bed. Dragonia climbed onto her lap.
 
I guess Kai hasn't changed that much.
 
{What's in the box?}
 
The white box was on Mai's bed where Serena had left it when the commotion started. Serena pulled out the collar.
 
{Oooh. Pretty.}
 
/Isis gave this to us. The gem is a camera./
 
{Ah. Okay.}
 
Serena placed the collar on Dragonia. It didn't look big enough to fit Serena herself without choking her. Silence filled the room. Serena fidgeted in her chair. She didn't like waiting.
 
“This wasn't what I expected when I decided to come with you.”
 
Serena didn't turn around to look at Kai. “What did you expect? A nice quiet life? Sorry to burst your bubble, but now a days, it is hard to find a quiet life.” Serena was still angry with her friends for keeping her in the room. Her anger came out in the way of sarcasm. And Serena was insulted on how Kai was talking about their trip. She had spent a little bit of time living in Domino and liked it. She felt Kai was insulting and talking bad about her life and the life of her friends.
 
“I was expecting to see a new you. I've always seen you around the blading world. I wanted to see a whole new lifestyle. I wanted to relax.”
 
“We still have two weeks Kai. Maybe you'll be able to change your mind.”
 
Once more silence. Serena was fuming on how Kai could come up with his decision in just two days instead of waiting for the two weeks. Kai just stayed by the door. Serena didn't even turn around when the door opened.
 
“It's going to be Yugi against Marik. Joey's dueling Kaiba for third place.” Serenity took the seat across from Serena.
 
“Hopefully Marik will be stopped.”
 
“What if he is not?”
 
“Then we are all screwed.”
 
Serenity looked at Mai's body. “Will we end up like her?”
 
“If we don't obey Marik; but we still have a chance. Yugi can still win.” Serena decided to change the subject. She didn't want to continue thinking about the Earth run by Marik, especially since he wanted her to be his queen. “What was it like to have Joey as a brother?” She always knew Joey as the bully. She couldn't imagine him as a brother.
 
Serenity launched into reminiscing tales about her childhood. Serena in turn told Serenity about her time in Domino.
 
“You taught self-defense?”
 
“Sure. Pass on what I know to victims of bullies? Why not. It changed many lives.”
 
“Can-” Serenity cleared her throat, “-can you teach me self-defense?”
 
Serena studied Serenity. She genuinely seemed to want to learn. “Why?”
 
“In case I need to join a rebel movement.”
 
Serena laughed. “Hopefully it won't have to come to that. Maybe my own teacher would be willing to help.” She turned to look at Kai, who looked back. There was a staring contest until Kai sighed and removed himself from the wall.
 
The teaching made time pass by quickly. Serena and Kai started off by teaching stretches. Then it was the basic steps. Serenity was reluctant to throw a friend; so a little bullying was involved.
 
“How are you going to defend yourself if you won't throw a friend? Marik can control people! He could cause a friend to come after you! You need to get over the fear of harming someone close! Or what if someone wants to take advantage of you? What then?” Serenity looked close to tears. Serena stepped close to the girl. “Once again!” She gripped Serenity, who, with a trembling hand, took Serena's wrist.
 
“What's going on?”
 
Serena looked at the bed. Ironically, Serenity chose that time to listen to Serena. Serena flew through the air and collided with Mai's bed. She sat there a little dazed.
 
“Serena! I'm sorry!”
 
Serena laughed as she got up, shaking her head to clear the ringing. “You were supposed to do that! Why should you be sorry?”
 
“I ask again. What is going on?”
 
Serena spun around. In the excitement of Serenity throwing her, Serena had forgotten what had distracted her. “Mai!”
 
The violet-eyed blonde was tackled by the two girls. Serena and Serenity started talking at the same time.
 
“You're awake!”
“We were so worried about you!”
 
“Wheeler himself went and-”
 
“Big Brother dueled Marik-”
 
“went after Marik all for-”
 
“for revenge about what he did to you.”
 
Their babbling was stopped as Mai held up her hands. “One at a time please.”
 
Quickly, Serenity and Serena told all that had happened. A mischievous grin spread across Mai's face. “Why don't we give Wheeler a scare?”
 
Serenity shook her head. “I-I couldn't.”
 
Serena's grin matched Mai's. “What do we do?”