Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 62

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
Chapter 62
 
 
“You want me to do what?!”
 
Kai put a hand on Serena's shoulder. “Calm down. Blue eyes, not red.”
 
“Shut up Kai! I don't care about my eye color!” Serena rounded on her Domino friends. “Why must I stay here by Mai's side and not watch the matches?”
 
“Marik is interested in these finals. Kaiba and Yugi have the two remaining god cards that he wants; and Marik is going to be in the duels,” explained Yamura.
 
“Until Marik is stopped, we want you away from him. He's interested in you Serena. Didn't what happen at Mai's match show-”
 
Yugi backed away as Serena's crimson gaze fell on him. “So instead of showing that creep that I am not afraid of him, you want me to hide like a coward?”
 
“We just want you to be safe. Friends should watch out for friends and-”
 
Serena held up her hands. “Fine. I'll stay here in the medical facility. I don't like it though.”
 
“We're sorry Serena; but it needs to be done. Now, if we had one of Noah's collars-” Tristan ducked and ran out of the room as Serena threw a nearby pillow at him.
 
“Just…stay here Serena. Please.” Yugi looked at Serena with puppy dog eyes.
 
“I told you I would. Now stop with the eyes!”
 
Serena's friends filed out of the medical facility, leaving Serena, Kai, and Serenity. Serenity went and sat in a chair by Mai's bed. Silence filled the room. Serenity stayed in the chair. Kai was leaning against a wall, eyes closed. Serena stood by the window.
 
At one point, the phone rang. Serenity answered. “Yes? Oh, hello Mokuba…he is?...No, I'll stay here…Thank you.”
 
“What's going on?” asked Serena as the other girl hung up the phone.
 
“Joey's facing Marik.”
 
“And you don't want to go?” Serena couldn't believe it.
 
Serenity joined Serena at the window. “I'd be much better here, watching over Mai.”
 
“Why do you think Kai and I are here? I mean, besides the fact that you all banned me from watching the duels.”
 
Serenity just looked out the window. An anxious silence filled the room once again. Soon, a bluish-purplish cloud surrounded the top of the tower.
 
“Shit. A Shadow Game.”
 
Serenity's eyes widened. Serena placed her arm around Serenity's shoulders as Kai came and stood behind them. The door to the medical facility opened and all three turned. Kai stepped in front of Serena, tense. Serena simply leaned over and looked around Kai. A lady with tan skin, jet black hair, white flowing clothing, and a gold necklace with the same eye as Yugi's Puzzle and Marik's Rod stood in the room.
 
“Serenity. I am so sorry that your brother has to be battling my brother.”
 
Serena's eyes widened. Marik's her brother?
 
“I can tell you that the duel will not end well.”
 
“For who?” asked Kai.
 
The Ishtar gave a sad smile. “For either brother.” She looked back to Serenity. “You should go to your brother.”
 
Serenity looked at Mai's body.
 
“I shall stay here and watch over her if it makes you feel any better. Besides, your two friends will also be here.”
 
Serena gave Serenity a small push. “Go. Joey needs you.”
 
The Ishtar went and sat in Serenity's previous seat as the girl ran out of the room. Serena stepped out from behind Kai and took a step in the Egyptian's direction. Kai grabbed her arm though and pulled her back.
 
“You need not fear me Kai Hiwatari. I have no power that will harm your girlfriend. Besides, I need to talk to her. If you would kindly step out of the room.”
 
Kai's grip tightened. Serena winced. “Kai, please let go. I'll be fine.” Kai looked at Serena, still not letting go. Serena tried to give a convincing smile. “Tell you what. If something happens to me, you can lock me in a room and place a guard in front of the door. Just like at Biovolt.”
 
Kai's mouth twitched. He kissed Serena on the top of her head; and, letting go, headed out of the room.
 
“Your dragon friend too.”
 
Serena looked from the Ishtar to Dragonia, who was studying the Ishtar, teeth bared. Serena didn't need to prompt Dragonia to leave. Dragonia obviously approved of the Egyptian as she didn't growl as she left. Serena went to the chair across the bed so she could be face to face with the Ishtar. “So you are Marik's sister.”
 
“Yes. I am Isis Ishtar. I am sorry for what happened to you, as my brother is also.”
 
Serena didn't believe her. “Why would he be sorry and how would you know?”
 
“My brother has two sides to him. Like the Pharaoh-”
 
“Who?”
 
“The spirit in young Yugi's Puzzle. Like any spirit formed by or inhabiting a Millennium Item, they need a host. That is why young Yugi, Bakura, and my brother have two spirits. The Marik now is the dark Marik. My brother, the good Marik, is in there somewhere. He has a little control over your friend Teá.” Serena started at this. “It was through Teá that my brother warned me of the evil Marik's plan to harm Odion. It was then that he asked me to pass on his apology to you.”
 
“Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?”
 
“No Serena Tate, holder of the fifth sacred bitbeast.” Isis smiled briefly at Serena's surprised look. Isis touched her necklace. “My Millennium Item allows me to view the future and the past. What I wanted to tell you was your future.”
 
Serena held up her hand. “Thank you, but no. I would rather let my future run its course.”
 
“What of the prophecy made by the old ones?”
 
“Where I get the strongest bitbeast? I never knew about that. I don't want to know my future. It is not like it is set in stone. Anything can change. If I am told about what is to happen, my decisions will be based on that.”
 
“As you wish.” Isis pulled something out of her robe. “This should help you in the future.”
 
Serena held out her hand and Isis deposited a white box into the hand. Serena opened it to see a leather collar with a silver dragon attached to it. The dragon was wrapped around a red gem.
 
“The gem is a camera.”
 
Serena didn't need Isis to explain more. She knew what Isis was implying and that wouldn't change her future. Serena had all ready made the decision concerning the need for the camera.
 
Isis stood up. “Your friends will be here soon.”
 
Serena stood up too. “Why? What happened?”
 
Kai and Dragonia burst into the room, followed by everyone else. Joey was on a stretcher, unconscious. The on site doctor hooked him up to wires.
 
“What did Marik do to him?” asked Serena.
 
“Joey almost beat Marik. He almost won, but he didn't have enough strength.”
 
Serena looked at Yamura. “That didn't exactly answer my question.”
 
“This Shadow Game attached the duelists to their monsters. A monster destroyed meant pain for the owner,” said Duke.
 
Serenity had her face buried in Joey's bed, sobbing. Tristan's fist slammed against the wall. “He was so close! So damn close to ending this nightmare!”
 
Kaiba's voice could be heard from the hall. “You can forfeit your match if you would rather stay here with the mutt.” Yugi's reply couldn't be heard.
 
“Kaiba's more concerned with the tournament instead of friendship. That's not right! Friends come before games. Friends-”
 
“Hush Teá. I shall go talk to them.” Isis walked out of the room.
 
“Will you guys let me out of here so I can go beat up Marik?”
 
“NO!”
 
Serena crossed her arms and pouted. “You guys are no fun.”