Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 61

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
 
Chapter 61
 
 
“We're home!”
 
“I don't believe it!”
 
Everyone was celebrating, except Yugi and Yamura.
 
“Where's Kaiba and Mokuba?” asked Yugi.
 
“Yeah. If we were in the real world, they would be with us.” Yamura ground her teeth.
 
Celebration halted.
 
“That kid lied to us!” cried Joey.
 
“No one better stop me when I go to kill him.”
 
“I'll help you Serena.”
 
“Thanks Tristan.”
 
“Maybe we should try to find the exit ourselves,” suggested Serenity.
 
“How? We're in the virtual version of downtown Domino. There are tons of buildings. It would take forever to find it,” snapped Yamura.
 
“We could split up.”
 
“You're missing something Wheeler,” said Serena.
 
“What?”
 
“It's called thinking. You should try it sometimes.”
 
“That ain't nice Serena.”
 
“If we split up, we could be picked off,” said Kai.
 
“Oh.”
 
The group started off. It was slow work and tensions were high.
 
“You'll never find it that way.”
 
Everyone looked around for Noah. He didn't appear.
 
“I'm going to open a portal nearby. The missile will be here soon.”
 
“What missile?” asked Serena.
 
“Crazy plan of Noah's father,” replied Duke.
 
“Ah.”
 
Noah gave them directions on how to find the portal. It led them to an arcade. A DDR-like game stood in front of them.
 
“That's the portal?” asked Duke.
 
“All you need to do is stand on the mat. Two people can go at once.”
 
Serenity, carrying a robotic monkey, and Duke were the first to go. Then Teá and Joey. Serena stretched and gave Kai a kiss. She didn't quite like the fact that he was a head taller than her.
 
“See you soon.”
 
“You better.”
 
They each stepped on a mat and white blinding light engulfed them.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
 
Serena opened her eyes to voices around her.
 
“I'm so glad to be in my body; but I want a banana.”
 
Serena scrambled out of her virtual reality machine, not bothering to look at it. Her friends were already starting to leave the room. She saw Kai getting out of the pod to her left. Serena tackled him, sending them both into the pod he had just climbed out.
 
“I told you I'd see you soon.”
 
“I'm glad, but we should join the others.”
 
Kai, the gentleman, helped Serena out of the pod. They joined their friends in the outer room. Everyone was there, except Kaiba and Yugi. Mokuba was sitting at the computers. He was speaking, but it wasn't Mokuba's voice that came out…it was Noah's.
 
“You guys might want to get back on the blimp. This place is going to blow soon.”
 
Yamura and Joey held Serena back as she made a lunge at Mokuba/Noah.
 
“Let me go! I swore I would kill him next time I saw him!”
 
“That's Mokuba body! It wouldn't hurt him in the least!”
 
“Wow Wheeler. You're actually thinking!” Serena struggled against her captors.
 
“Where's Yugi?” asked Tristan.
 
“He stayed behind. I asked him to do something for me.”
 
It took the group to stop Yamura and Joey from jumping Mokuba/Noah. Kai had Serena by a pressure point, causing her to stand rigid on tiptoe.
 
“I suggest you all leave. There is two minutes until impact.”
 
“You better hope to God Yugi comes back Noah; or Serena isn't going to be the only one with a vendetta against you.” Leading Serenity by the arm, Joey ran into the hallway. Kai kept a firm grip on Serena as the rest followed Joey and Serenity. The blimp was right where the group had left it when the whole thing started. The engines were starting as the group climbed on; and the blimp started taxiing down the end of the boat.
 
“What are you doing? There's still people down there!” Duke ran to the control room.
 
Everyone hung by the ramp, anxiously looking at where they had just come out. Duke came running back.
 
“They're not going to stop. Rather save their own butts instead of waiting for-” Duke ducked as Serenity almost smacked him in the face, pointing.
 
“There they are!”
 
Cries of encouragement as the last three ran to the blimp. Mokuba, falling behind, was thrown up onto the ramp. He collided with Tristan, knocking them both back into the hallway as Kaiba jumped onto the ramp. The blimp climbed higher off the boat and Yugi was in danger of being left behind. Joey went all the way to the end of the ramp. One hand gripped the pole, the other one held out towards Yugi.
 
“Come on Yug'. I know you can do it!”
 
At the last possible moment, when all seemed lost, Yugi's hand connected with Joey's. Joey pulled Yugi onto the blimp and the ramp closed.
 
“We made it,” breathed Teá.
 
“Can we now go to KaibaCorp Island?” asked Tristan.
 
Something streaked by the window.
 
“Step on it Rich Boy!” shouted Joey.
 
A burst of power and away flew the blimp/plane.
 
“Onto the quarterfinals,” said Yugi.
 
“Can today be any more exciting?” asked Serena sarcastically.
 
Duke groaned. “Please don't ask that!”