Beyblade Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Adventures of a Blader (how original!) ❯ Chapter 69

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own BeyBlade or Yugioh. I own: Serena, Nicole, Antonio, SnowLeopard, Dragonia, and anything else that is not BeyBlade or Yugioh. Kelsey, Angie, and Joe own themselves. Yamura belongs to Laura. Austin belongs to Austin, though in name and looks only. Everything else about him I made up.
 
Telepathy
/Serena/
//Kai//
[Max]
::blah:: or {blah}- bitbeast
 
Thoughts or songs- in italics
Flashbacks- in bolded italics
Talking in Russian -bolded
 
 
Chapter 69
 
Dead silence filled the room as Serena turned around on the bench. Her crimson gaze met the ice-cold stare of her red headed nemesis. “Valcov.” Her gaze went briefly to the lavender haired youth and the blonde flanking their leader before returning to look at Tala. “What an unpleasant surprise. Last I heard, you three had turned traitor after that tournament three years ago.”
 
“The feeling is mutual. We didn't expect to see you again, Girl, after you went AWOL before that tournament three years ago.”
 
“Speaking of that tournament, how did it feel to lose to Tyson? I mean, come on! You had multiple bitbeasts; but you couldn't even beat a kid who had been an amateur less than two months earlier!”
 
Snickers among the spectators.
 
“It seems you haven't changed at all Tate.” Tala smirked as Serena stared at him wordlessly. “Yeah, we knew you had a family. Too bad you turned traitor on them.”
 
Serena stood up, noticing that she was still a head shorter than Tala. “At least I have a family to do that to. All you are is a throwaway experiment of Boris's.”
 
Tala took a step forward. “Watch your mouth Girl.”
 
Serena ignored him and continued. “Well, of course, you do still have your two lovers behind you. Tell me Valcov, how do you choose who's on-” a right hook to the jaw from Tala sent Serena into the table, spilling the BEGA Team's food.
 
“I told you to watch your mouth Girl.”
 
Bryan placed a hand on Tala's shoulder. “Remember the promise.”
 
“Screw the promise.”
 
Serena stood up again, smiling and eyes gleaming impishly. “Listen to Kuznetsov. If you don't, he may not let you screw him in bed tonight.”
 
Tala broke free of Bryan's grasp, ready to beat the crap out of Serena. He was stopped as Dragonia flew up in front of Serena and Crusher stood behind Serena. Tala's eyes went between Serena, to Dragonia, Crusher, and the other BEGA team members who had stood up.
 
“It seems like things have changed for you Tate. This isn't over yet though.”
 
“I say it is, for now.” Garland nodded to the ranking chart. “You three are dead last. Get into the top ten and you can have a shot at her.”
 
Tala looked at the chart, and then back at Serena. “Things have definitely changed. Fine, we'll settle this another time Girl; but watch your back.” With Bryan and Spencer flanking him, Tala walked out of the cafeteria.
 
Serena was laughing as she cleaned up the mess. “That felt so good! I hardly get the best of Valcov.”
 
“Why did you have to do that though?” Crusher started helping to clean.
 
“Hobby of mine. Valcov's the easiest to anger.”
 
“We could see that.” Mystel walked away.
 
The grin stayed on Serena's face for the rest of the day and returned every time she caught sight of one of Demolition Boys. Which was quite often actually, as one of them were always shadowing her. The shadowing continued all week and Serena was starting to get worried. She had no way to find out what the Demolition Boys were doing. Tala would beat her up instead of talking and the other two never talked.
 
Besides the Demolition Boys, Crusher spent a lot of time with Serena. Between ruthless blading training periods, the two exchanged stories. Serena learned more about Crusher's sister and his poverty stricken family; and Crusher learned what life was like at Biovolt.
 
“You were raised as Boris's daughter?”
 
Serena hit the punching bag Crusher was holding. “Yeah. You all think that I'm a Tate. I am; but I am Boris's soldier through and through. That's what happens when fifteen years of your life…” A kick to the bag.
 
“When did you start annoying Tala?”
 
“When I first arrived at Biovolt I guess. It was unheard of for a girl to attend. I guess since I was a special case, that started it all. My very existence is annoying to him.”
 
“Maybe he's just jealous. You had a `father' while he had no one.”
 
Serena reached over to the rack and got a sweat cloth. She wiped off her face. “I never thought about it that way.”
 
“Maybe you should treat him better.”
 
Serena tilted her head, thinking, and then shook it. “Nah. It's too much fun pulling pranks on him.” Serena nodded in the direction of the showers. “Speaking of which…”
 
“TATE!” Russian words followed; and Serena was glad the others couldn't understand him.
 
Serena started to punch the bag again, whistling. She didn't look up as Tala stormed out of the showers, towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was bright orange and he was pissed.
 
“You would be so dead right now Tate!” He jabbed a finger in her face.
 
“I would? What's stopping you?” sneered Serena.
 
“Two things. I'm not in the top ten-”
 
“Your loss.”
 
“-and two, that promise I made to your damn boyfriend.”
 
Serena whirled from the punching bag and slammed Tala into the metal wall, causing a Tala shaped imprint in it. “Don't you dare insult my boyfriend again Valcov. What promise?”
 
Tala smirked. “Finally got to you huh? Perfect.”
 
Serena slammed him into the wall again. “Damn it Valcov! What promise?”
 
“I've been meaning to ask you. What does it feel like to be a freak? Since you're still here and are able to push me around, `it' must have happened.”
 
Serena punched the wall next to Tala's head. “I'm not asking you again cyborg. What promise?”
 
“Wouldn't you like to know.”
 
Serena gave a roar and threw Tala across the gym. She headed toward where he was getting up and trying to fix the towel. “You may be reluctant to beat me up; but I sure as hell am not afraid to beat the shit out of you!”
 
{Serena, don't!}
 
Serena's mind barely registered that Dragonia had latched onto her ankle or that boys and guards alike were dog piling on her. Her eyes, through the red haze that filled them, saw Tala beat a somewhat dignified retreat into the showers. Serena struggled against her captors, but there were too many of them.
 
“Damn it! Let me go!”
 
A rain of blows from blunt objects caused Serena to sink into unconsciousness.