Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ BBA Gems ❯ Meet the Gems ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

BBA Gems
 
Chapter 1: Meet the gems
 
 
 
There was a small tink as Kenny's blade bounced across the floor.
`'That was pretty good Chief!'' the blonde American smiled.
`'Gah…are you kidding? I bladed terribly, as always. I'm a failure always a failure.'' The Chief sighed.
`'Nonsense! You'll get it eventually.''
`'Thanks Max…''
`'Come on. Try again.''
The two boys reloaded their beyblades and launched again. But it wasn't long before Hopper flew out of the dish.
`'Your thinking too much. Beyblading is about instinct. It's good to have a strategy but you have to think with your heart not your head once your in the dish.'' Max told him. `'How do you think Tyson managed to become world champ? He hardly thinks at all!''
`'Hehe…I wonder how Tyson is. He went to the Soda sponsored tournament right?'' said Kenny. When his friend nodded he looked up at the sky. `'I hope he doesn't get overconfident…''
 
`'LET IT RIP!!!''
`'Go Dragoon!'' the world champ yelled.
`'Fight Torbi!'' his young opponent cried.
The blades collided spraying sparks all over the dish. Tyson's beyblade dodged another attack then slammed his Torbi. But it skidded to a halt at the edge of the bey-dish.
`'Wow! What an attack!'' Jazzman yelled.
`'Go Torbi, go!''
`'Looks like little Graham is on the offensive!''
Torbi began slamming repeatedly into Dragoon.
`'Heh. Not bad. But there's a reason I'm world champion! DRAGOON!!!''
A huge blue dragon rose from Tyson's bit. There was a flash of light and Graham's beyblade was sent flying. The owner hung his head in disappointment while Jazzman shouted out the results. Tyson and Daichi's team 2, Graham and Brad 0.
`'Oh yeah! That was easy! We'll own this tournament!'' Tyson grinned. Daichi nodded. He couldn't speak through the thick hamburger he was eating. Someone knocked on the door. `'Yeah?'' Jazzman came in mopping his brow.
`'Fantastic match. No really, way to go champ!''
`'That's champs!'' Daichi managed to growl, spraying food all over Tyson.
`'DAICHI!'' his team-mate yelled.
`'Hey hey, calm down you two. Your next match is against two new contestants.''
`'So what?'' Tyson asked. `'We'll wipe the floor with these guys.''
`' Yes I'm sure you will. But they have beaten every one else in the tournament without even trying.''
`'Big whoop.'' Grunted Daichi unimpressed, `'If your talking about that Erika and David, they're nothing special.''
 
`'Welcome to the Soda Pop Tournament Final! We have the reigning champs Tyson and Daichi against the mystery newcomers Erika David!'' Jazzman announced happily. `'In our first match, we have the young firecracker Daichi and his bit-beast, Strata Dragoon against the huge David!''
He certainly was huge. David was at least six feet tall with a bare, barrel chest. His blade was bigger than usual too. But Daichi wasn't one to be intimidated by size. He loaded his launcher and readied himself for battle. Silently his opponent did the same.
`'It looks like we're ready to begin. Everybody!'' The audience cheered the familiar start sequence.
`'3!''
`'2!''
`'1!''
`'Let it Rip!''
 
`'Strata Dragoon!'' Daichi yelled launching his beyblade.
`'Huah!'' David shouted firing his as well.
The two blades smashed into each other. Again and again the two combatants slammed into one another, neither gaining an advantage over the other. Sparks were thrown everywhere as the battle heated up. The blades were attacking harder and harder. It wasn't long before they were just a blur.
`'Hey your pretty good! Too bad I have to end it now. Go Strata Dragoon! Engine Gear now!'' Daichi ordered.
A loud whirring sound came from Daichi's beyblade as the gears inside began grinding against each other. A yellow Dragon erupted from the small blade. Daichi grinned. `'Meet my best friend! Strata Dragoon, Show this chump whose boss around here! Hyper Cutter!'' The purple beyblade was in the air sideways with a spinning yellow disc of energy emitting from between the attack ring and weight disc.
David opened his eyes for the first time during the whole match.
`'You don't need to show me whose boss. I know that I am! Go Gnolum!''
A huge golem appeared above David's blade. Lots of huge rocks were connected together to make up its form. The arms were long tendrils made of joint rocks. Three rips made the eyes and mouth. You could see crackling yellow energy within.
On the bench, Tyson gasped,
`'A Bit-Beast!''
David was grinning.
`' Gnolum, Rock whip!''
The bit beast, Gnolum, slashed at the beyblade and Strata Dragoon sending them flying back. Luckily, he landed upright and still spinning.
`'Woah! What is that!?!'' the startled boy asked.
`'It is my best friend Gnolum! And he is about to become very popular!'' answered the giant. `' Now show him your bowling rock attack!''
The golem rolled into a ball then began spinning very fast. It rolled at incredible speed towards the dragon of the earth. At the same time, the corresponding beyblade sped towards it's target. Gnolum slammed into Strata knocking the beast's blade backwards. Daichi winced as he too felt the blow.
`'Man, this guy is tough. Gah, what am I saying? I'm the best! I won't be defeated by this loser! Strata Dragoon, show everyone your new move! Stone Scythe!''
Strata Dragoon's claw glowed white before it charged at the rock bit beast.
`'Oh yeah? Gnolum, finish this! Amefist!'' David roared.
Gnolum's right tentacle shifted into a n arm with a purple crystal fist.
The two earth bit beasts charged straight towards each other. The beyblades crashed together with explosive force. Both fighters were screaming to apply extra force. There was a white flash and the match was over. Both blades lay motionless at their owner's feet. It was a tie. Daichi flumped down gasping for breath.
`'Man, what a match!'' he muttered. He looked at his beyblade. He slowly strode back to the bench.
`'Hey too bad Daichi.'' Tyson said sympathetically, `'Don't worry, I'll win us the next one!'' But Daichi seemed to ignore this and sat down on the bench. `'Daichi?''
`'Don't underestimate them Tyson.'' He said simply. Tyson was confused. This was not the Daichi he knew. `'Look.'' Daichi opened his hand, revealing his blade. Tyson actually took a step back with shock.
`'No way…'' he breathed. Strata Dragoon was completely trashed. The attack ring was crumpled, there was only half a weight disc and there was a rip in the base were you could see the destroyed spin core.
`'They're a lot tougher than they look.'' He muttered emptily. Tyson could see tears in his eyes.
`'Alright! After that amazing battle, I think its time for the second match! World Champion Tyson against the beautiful but deadly Erika!''
Tyson readied his blade before looking at his opponent. But when he did, his jaw dropped. Jazzman wasn't kidding. She was beautiful.
She had long brown hair and big blue eyes. She wore a blue tank top and a red short skirt. Tyson felt himself blush just by looking at her while his trousers became uncomfortably tight. Every other boy in the stadium seemed to feel the same way save the gloomy Daichi. She seemed confused by everyone's reactions to her appearance.
`'Why are they all staring?'' she mumbled. Yet when she reached the dish her thoughts were gone. It was time to beybattle.
`'Ehehehe…so…er…what's your name.'' Tyson asked awkwardly. She blinked.
`'Weren't you listening? My name is Erika.''
Tyson rubbed the back of his head embarrassed. He was about to reply when the crowd began to cheer.
`'3,2,1, Let it Rip!''
 
The beyblades clashed in a shower of sparks. Erika grinned. This is what she was born to do. She evaded one of Tyson's attacks then countered with a powerful slam.
`This girl is good!' Tyson thought. She was fast and powerful with an impenetrable defence. Yet even with all these strengths she still had awesome control. He could see no weakness. He had no choice.
`'Go Dragoon!''
The mighty blue dragon of wind flashed onto the scene with a mighty roar. Erika gasped.
`'Time to take you down!'' Tyson yelled.
Erika smiled,
`'I don't think so. GO ARTRIXX!!!''
A massive bird shot out of Erika's blade. It was an icy blue with fiery red eyes.
`'BLIZZARD BLADE!!!'' she yelled.
There was another flash before a dull clunk at Tyson's feet. Dragoon was frozen in a block of solid ice. The stadium was in total silence.
 
 
`'Yo homies!''
Tyson's Grandpa strode in on Max and Kenny's training session.
`'Oh hey!'' Kenny greeted.
`'You got a letter from Mr. Dickenson dudes.''
`'Really?''
 
Greetings Bladebreakers,
 
Please visit me at the new BBA headquarters. It is time to show you the greatest bladers in the world, the BBA Gems.
I wish you well.
Mr Dickensons
 
Tyson gasped and looked back at Erika. She caught her blade as it jumped to her hands.
`'Just who are you?'' he asked.
David came to stand next to her and answered,
`'We are the BBA Gems. The greatest bladers in the world!''