Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ Because of you ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade. *sigh* I own Eriko, Kyoko, Takara and this idea. I don't own the lyrics either.
 
 
I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way, to never let it get that far
 
A girl and a boy were standing in the schoolyard. “I… I really like you…” “I'm sorry.” The girl whispered, her periwinkle eyes full of sadness. “But you've always been so nice to me… I thought you'd be nice enough to give me a chance. So, why?” “I don't want… not again…” She muttered, clenching her fists slightly. “What do you mean “not again”? Please, I want to know why you're rejecting me…” “I'm sorry…” Then the girl ran off. This girl was known as Eriko Hiwatari. She was your average schoolgirl who did her studies, got good grades, and loved to beyblade.
 
Eriko sighed as she gathered her books from her locker, as she got ready to leave for home. “That's the 26th guys who's asked you out ever since that incident three years ago.” Kyoko pointed out. “Yeah, why don't you just go out with someone else, Riko-chan?” Takara asked, shoving her hands into her pockets. “Because I can't forget my promise.” Eriko murmured softly and she walked away.
 
Thunder roared above her and it started to pour. Eriko sighed, “Perfect.” She ran off somewhere to find shelter. Somehow, she wound up in the park. This place was full of memories. Recent ones that weren't too pleasant.
 
Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid
 
~Flash back 3 years back~
 
“Eriko, I'm going back to China.” Rei said quietly. The two teens were in the park on a late Saturday evening. It was a full moon and the soft sounds of the wind could be heard as the information sunk in. “Why?” Eriko inquired finally. “There are some things that need to be taken care of.” The neko jin looked up at the sky. “But… you'll be back soon, won't you?” Eriko asked, getting nervous. Rei turned his gaze towards her. He sighed, “I don't know. I may not come back… ever.” Eriko stared at him with wide eyes. Tears started to gather. “S… so that's why…” Rei looked down, “I think we should break up.”
 
“W-what?” Eriko stuttered, more tears spilling down. “Eriko, please, don't make this any harder.” Rei whispered, his voice cracking. This was heartbreaking for the both of them. Eriko was speechless, then she said, “Promise me this Rei.” Rei looked up and Eriko saw the tears sparkling in his golden eyes that she loved so much. “What?” “Promise you'll wait for me, as I promise to wait for you.” Eriko said softly. Rei gave a sad smile, “I promise Eriko. We'll be together again. Someday.' Eriko nodded.
 
~End of Flash back~
 
`That had been 3 full years ago.' Eriko mused mentally. `And I'm still waiting. I won't break my promise.' She smiled softly as she stopped walking and sat down on a bench. Taking out her launcher, she got out her beyblade and hooked it up and put in her ripcord. Quietly whispering “Let it rip!” Eriko launched her blade. The black and blue blade spun around in circles, waiting for instructions. “Do whatever. I don't care.” Eriko mumbled. Her beyblade put on an extra burst of speed and began rushing around in the puddles, making mini waves.
 
I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake, a smile, a laugh
Every day of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with
 
Eriko gave a sigh and looked up at the sky, feeling the rain hit her face. She smiled sadly as she remember when she first met Rei. It had been a few days after the tournament in Japan. (When the Bladebreakers were first formed)
 
~Flash back~
 
`So, big bro's finally on a different team other then those stupid Blade Sharks.' Eriko thought with a grin as she watched the news on an old TV in a TV store. Continuing her walk, she didn't realize where she was going and found herself in the middle of the street. The light was green and cars were speeding straight towards her. She didn't have time to scream as someone suddenly picked her up bridal style and brought her to the other side of the road.
 
“Are you alright?” Eriko looked up, her periwinkle eyes meeting with sharp golden. She blinked and nodded slowly, too shocked to speak. The boy smiled, “Oh that's good. My name's Rei. Rei Kon. What's yours?” “Eriko. Eriko Hiwatari. Thank you for saving me.” “You don't have to thank me…” Rei blushed. “But I want to.” Eriko said, smiling. She kissed his cheek and smiled again, “So thanks.”
 
~End of Flash back~
 
Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid
 
Eriko sighed softly. So many memories. Soon her train of thought was broken by the clash of blades. She looked down to see a white/red/silver blade hitting her blade repeatedly. She looked around, but saw no blader. When she took a closer look, she saw that there was a picture of a white tiger on the beyblade. Her eyes widened, “Drigger?” she asked uncertainly, disbelieving. The beyblade gave a spin around her blade for an answer. Eriko smiled the first real smile in three years. “Rei…” she whispered. She stood up, ignoring the fact she was soaked to the bone. “Take me to him, Drigger.” She whispered. The beyblade spun around her before shooting off in a direction. Eriko collected her blade and followed quickly.
 
`After three years, I'll get to see you again.' Eriko thought, smiling softly, remembering her love's smile, his kindness, how they always had fun together, and finally the night they broke up. How heartbroken he looked when he spoke. She shook the thoughts away, focusing on following the blade that was moving quickly in front of her. Any sharp turn it made, she followed, any angles, she followed, it didn't matter if she got herself hurt.
 
I watched you die
I heard you cry
Every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain
And now I cry
In the middle of the night
For the same damn thing
 
Eriko winced as she slipped and fell on the cold, wet ground. She looked up a little to see the beyblade spinning in front of her, as if asking if she was ok. She smiled slightly and nodded, getting up. “It's ok. Let's keep going.' She said softly, once again following. People, who were outside, hiding under large umbrellas, stared at Eriko like she was crazy for two reasons. 1: She had no umbrella and 2: she was chasing a beyblade in a storm like this. She ignored them. None of that mattered to her. Her clothes clung to her, making her even colder as the wind whipped her harshly. She ignored that as well. She didn't care.
 
`You keep me going, Rei.' She thought, smiling softly. Finally, she stopped at the docks. Not many people were there at the moment. Eriko looked around and then at the beyblade, which paused for a moment, then zoomed off again. The female Hiwatari shook her head, smiling slightly before following again. The blade finally stopped at the last dock. A person was standing at the end, watching the waves crash around the rocks. The beyblade zoomed into his hand and he smiled, “Good job, Drigger.” He said quietly before turning around to look at Eriko. “It's been awhile, Eriko-chan.”
 
Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I tried my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid
 
There was no mistaking him. “Rei!” Eriko cried, running over and tackling the neko jin down in a hug. Rei laughed softly, “You haven't changed.” “Neither have you.” Eriko said quietly but her voice was slightly muffled. Soon it was silent except for the crashing of the waves. “I'm glad you kept your promise, Rei.” Eriko said finally, looking up. “I could never break a promise, Eriko. You know that.” Rei said quietly, smiling softly at her. Eriko smiled too and rested her head on his chest; his steady heart beat lulling her to sleep.
 
When Eriko woke up, she found herself in her room again. She rested a hand on her head, `Was it all a dream?' she thought, disappointed. Tears gathered in her eyes, blurring her vision. She didn't bother to wipe them away nor did she even flinch when someone opened the door to her room. Soft footsteps were heard and soon someone wrapped their arms around her, “Why are you crying, Eriko-chan?”
 
Eriko looked up quickly, her eyes meeting with sharp golden once again. “Rei?” “That's my name, don't wear it out.” Rei grinned. Eriko laughed softly before she threw her arms around his neck, “I thought it was all a dream.” “Trust me Eriko, this is no dream.” Rei murmured in her ear. Eriko stared at him with a smile on her face, “Prove it.” She said playfully. Rei rolled his eyes but smiled, “Ok.” Then he pressed his lips to hers in a loving kiss. When they broke apart, Eriko smiled again, “Ok. I'm convinced.” “Good.” Rei said with a laugh. “Because there's something I want to ask you.” He became serious. Eriko blinked, “What?”
 
Rei brought out a small, black, velvet box from behind his back. `OMG! Is he going to…?' Eriko thought, eyes wide. “Eriko, we've been through a lot together and I was wondering…” Rei blushed slightly before opening the box to reveal a gold band with a gem that seemed to be half a ruby and half a diamond, “…if you'd marry me.” He finished quietly. Tears sparkled in Eriko's eyes, “Yes, yes, yes! A thousand times yes!” she yelled, tackling him down, causing them to fall off the bed. Rei smiled softly, before taking the ring and slipping it on her finger. Then he hugged her tightly, “I'm glad.” He whispered. Eriko blushed and smiled.
 
Because of you
Because of you