Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Bloodlove ❯ seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own beyblade......only the silly plotline-lol-

-Chapter seven-


Rei felt like floating again. But it was different from last time. He didn`t feel happy now.....Just numb.

"Rei...I am sorry that this is the only things I can do for you right now...",Kai apologized and stroke his hair. He seemed to be quiet fond of his hair for some reason.Rei smiled at him."It`s ok, Kai..I am glad to have you here", he said and vaguely motioned for him to come and lie down.

Kai did so and pulled him into his embrace, burying his head in the soft, raven hair. He liked the smell of Rei.

"About how I acted earlier....I apologize". Kai stopped him."You were under the influence of drugs, you are not to be blamed". Rei silenced for a moment before he sat halfways up, leaning on his elbow. "I know...But I wanted to be close to you..I still do", he whispered and brushed away a strand of blue hair from Kai`s face.

Kai was stunned when he felt Rei`s lips on his own. How soft he was, just like last time.Only this time he wasn`t doing it under the influence of drugs. He stopped thinking and threw himself into it. He heard Rei whimper in excitement as he kissed him back. He made no protest as the boy straddled his hips and pressed up against him. Rei carefully bit his bottom lip to seek permission to enter his mouth. Kai smirked and pushed his own tongue roughly past Rei`s teeth, earning a surprised sound from the boy. Eventually they had to break apart from the need to breath. Rei looked at him with his golden eyes, tears falling freely from them now.

"Kai...I think I love you..You won`t leave me right?" Kai smiled and kissed his tears away. "I won`t ever leave you, I swear".

Brooklyn sighed and rubbed his eyes sleepily. He hadn`t slept very well this week, meaning he hadn`t slept at all. He kept searching for Rei`s possible maker, but couldn`t find anyone that matched the description. He had been searching for hours now. The computer beeped as there was a match in the database. He grinned in triumph. But as he read the info on the vampire, his smile quickly vanished and his face fell. "This is no good...", he muttered darkly and brought the laptop with him into the living room. Kai and Rei were lying on the couch, cuddling. He smirked and sat down on the floor, placing the laptop on the table.

"What is it,Brooklyn?"

Kai sounded annoyed.

"I think I may have found your maker, kid. I need you to have a look". Rei nodded and sat up.Brooklyn turned the laptop around so he could see the picture. Rei`s eyes widened,his bottom lip bevering. Kai slipped and arm around his waist, feeling how the boy trembled against him.

"T-that`s him....", he stuttered and looked away, biting his lip.Kai pulled his close and soothed him as he started crying. "No good...Do you recognise his face?"

Kai took a closer look, and his eyes widened aswell when he remember that face. "I dusted him two years ago!" he said in horror. "Apparently not, my friend".Brooklyn`s face was serious now,his smile gone.

"It seems like The Duke is harder to kill than you thought..." Kai frowned and continued to pat Rei`s back. "The Duke? I remember that he used to call himself that...But I found that his real name was something like.....um, Volkov?"

Brooklyn nodded. "Yes,Tala Volkov.He has been a vampire for centuries....And he is a very strong one indeed". Looking down he noticed that the boy had fallen asleep in his arms, his eyes closed.he smiled sadly at the sight. "I wonder what that vampire did to him...It must have been awful since he reacted that way", he said in a whisper, tucking the boy in with the blanket. Brooklyn continued to search for info, a determined expression on his face.

"I`ll take him to the guest room....", he stated and scooped the boy up in his arms,walking out of the living room. His co-worker didn`t even raise his head from the screen.

He placed Rei on the bed. With a smile on his face he brushed away a strand of hair from the beautiful face. Such a pretty boy...he already loved him with his heart and soul.Kai had never felt like that before. The last time he had fallen in love, the guy had crused his heart and left him heartbroken behind. He was fifteen at the time, and he had sworn to never fall in love again. But he knew now that it wasn`t up to him to decide who he fell in love with. It was out of his control.

" Sleep tight,Rei....I won`t let you down",he whispered and kissed his forehead. He didn`t leave,just sat by the boy`s side for a while.
When he returned to the living room a little later he found Brooklyn asleep on the floor, sprawled all over. He moved his co-worker onto the couch and tucked him in. He didn`t want the boy to catch a cold or something just because he had spent the night on the floor. Kai himself went to sleep in his own room after making sure the door to Rei`s room was securly locked and unable to open.

Rei snapped his eyes open and sat bolt upright in bed, his chest rising and falling quickly. His breathing was rash and unsteady, his face flushed. There was something strange with his body, it didn`t feel right somehow. There was a nasty feeling in his stomach. He screamed in pain as his whole body started cramping. Bucking his body upwards he gasped for air. What was wrong with him??? It felt so painful,it tore him apart.

Kai came running into the room as he heard the boy cry out in pain. He was paralysed by the sight that met him inside the room. Rei was lying on the floor, his whole body wrecked by cramps. He had dug his nails into the floor, biting his bottom lip hard that he was bleeding to stop himself from screaming.

" Rei!" he called with panick in his voice. He actually had to sit down on top of the boy to keep him down. He was strong, but as was Kai. Rei screamed out loud and arched his body upwards, tears streaming from his eyes.

"Rei!tell me what is wrong with you!" he begged and struggled to keep him down.

Brooklyn came dashing into the room. "What the heck is going on in here???"he asked. Kai looked pleadingly at him, and he took the hint. As fast as he could he returned to the living room and picked up the drugs before he darted back into the guest room. He filled the syringe with the clear liquid and injected it into the boy. Rei fought against the drugs, his body still cramping. Then he went limp, as he had done so many times now. Kai let out a sigh in relief and wiped his forehead. He was breathing heavily from the strenght it had taken to keep Rei in place. With a vague motion with his hand he told Brooklyn to leave him alone.The blueeyed boy nodded and closed the door behind him.

Carefully Kai lifted Rei up and placed him onto the bed. He looked absent,the tears still running down his wet cheeks. His eyes were pained, and Kai was certain that he was suffering somehow. "What is wrong with you?" he asked softly and rested his forehead on Rei`s. The boy glanced at his wrist and tried to grab hold of it, but the drugs made him weak. Kai frowned, he didn`t understand what he meant.

" Blood....need..it", Rei whispered in a weak voice. Kai`s eyes widened in understanding. Of course....His body was suffering under the lack of blood. With a small smile on his lips he looked at his wrist, then at Rei.

" I dont want you to suffer...We can make this together,ne?"

With those words he placed his wrist onto Rei`s lips.The boy looked at him with grateful eyes and sunk his teeth through the soft skin. Kai grit his teeth in pain and stayed still. .He whimpered as Rei started to suck the blood out of him with a devouring hunger. His head was starting to spin, and he figured that it was enough. He attempted to pull away, but found that he was stuck. "Rei,stop it! You can`t have more that this!"he hissed.

Rei let out a whimper,sinking his teeth deeper. Kai growled and smacked him across the head. That made him loosen his grip,and Kai could pull his hand away from the fangs.Both were breathing heavily now.

" So...sorry..Kai",came the weak voice. He smiled down at the boy, his eyes big and shameful. "It is ok...I`ll be fine..I know you can`t help yourself...",he soothed and wrapped up his wrist with parts of his sweater. He told Rei to go back to sleep while he and Brooklyn tried to find a solution to the problem.

In the living room he found his co-worker busy typing away on his laptop. He raised his head when Kai entered the room and sighed. "I have searched the whole net and all my sources for hours now...And it doesn`t look good,Kai". He arched an eyebrow,an amused smirk displayed across his face. "Hrm..Maybe it would be an idea to get dressed?" Kai looked down,just now realising that he was walking around in his boxers. He came back after a couple of minutes,now fully dressed. Kai found it impossible to get the hairbrush through his hair, so he left it the way it was. Cofee was made for them and sat down beside Brooklyn, handing him the cup. The boy didn`t look all too well, dark rings under his eyes, his expression tired and empty.

" Brookie? Are you alright? You don`t look so good..." The blueeyed boy shook his head and started rubbing his eyes.

" No..I didn`t sleep last night",he said and yawned. "But you were asleep when I came to check on you...?"

Brooklyn closed his eyes and leaned back. "I woke up again when you left the room. I haven`t slept for the last six nights".Kai blinked.

" Six nights? How is that even possible? Are you sick?"

" No...I dont know what is affecting my sleep as strongly as this...But everytime I fall asleep, I wake up within the next ten minutes from nightmares. I don`t know what to do...Even drugs wont help".

The boy looked so desperate and helpless,his pretty,blue eyes begging for help. "I am no magician, Brookie..I don`t have a solution to this..Could it be that you are sensing the prescence of a powerful demon nearby?" Brooklyn shrugged. "Most likely...I just don`t know what demon could be powerful enough to cause this lack of sleep..My head hurts so badly..."

His bottom lip started bevering, his eyes watering. "I feel so helpless,Kai", he whimpered. Kai smiled warmly and embraced him, letting the boy cry into his shirt. Brooklyn cried for a long time before he finally silenced, still clinging to the older. "You feel better?" Kai asked softly. Brooklyn`s eyes closed, and suddenly he was asleep. Kai smiled and let him sleep.

Thanks a bunch to all of you guys(girls)!!!! I am thrileld to have you around...please stay tuned to find out what will happen next....hehe

next chapter: Kai pays a visit to two demon boys named Tyson and Max and the demon in Rei takes over and attacks Brooklyn.