Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions of an American Teen ❯ Meeting the Red Head or Hot Head ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own beyblade.

A/N: Sorry for not updating soon, its just that recently I've been stacked up with piles of things to do and things to get finished. I even have a twenty inch `things to do list'. -_- *Rubs temples* As of now I can't promise that I'll update soon. So don't get your hopes up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter one: Meeting the annoying red head or hot head

It was just like any other day. I woke up, got ready for school, and called up a few friends of mine to check if they were ready for me to pick them up for school. At seven thirty I would head to my friends house and then to a coffee shop for breakfast. It's the same daily routine I do every day. But today when I was just about ready to leave for the day I heard my parents yelling upstairs and heard other sounds like objects being thrown around their room. I got curious and worried at the same time and decided to check up on my parents. I silently walked up the stairs and eavesdropped on the conversation…or well actually argument my parents were having at the moment.

^^^^^In Mira's parents room^^^^^

"Roy, how could you?!" Mira's mother exclaimed as she slapped her husband across the cheek. He swiftly grabbed her hand and threw her to the ground "I have my reasons" he said as he smoothed out his tie. "Divorce!!! But why?!" she questioned as she bit her bottom lip. "You're seeing her again aren't you" she said shakily. "You're better off alone anyways" he said flatly as he grabbed his suitcase and threw in a few stacks of paper. "Roy…what about Mira, what will she think when she finds out?" "She's leaving with me" he replied as he clipped his suitcase lock and firmly gripped it in his right hand. At that Mira pushed the door open with her head drooping down to stare at the floor.

She couldn't take it any more. She should have known what her father was doing to her mother. All this time he had been cheating on her. But why? She walked up to her father, lifted her head up high, and looked at him straight in the eye. "Dad, there is no way I'm leaving with you." Mira said choking at each word as tears started to form in her eyes. Her father looked down at her and softened his eyes. "Mira, you'll be much more happier if you come with me" he said putting his hand on her shoulder. She pushed his hand roughly away and stared at him with rage now clouding her eyes. Mira's father dropped his arm slowly to his side and headed towards the door with him still acknowledging that his only daughter refused to live with him. He turned the knob slowly and took one more glance at Mira. "Don't look at me that way!" Mira said angrily as she glared at him. He then opened the door and walked out of the room leaving Mira and her mother alone.

Mira stared at the door for about a minute or so, then glanced at her mother. "I guess it's just the two of us now" she said sadly as she walked up to her mother. "He's gone, he's gone, he's….gone" her mother said over and over again causing her to tear. "Mom don't cry, please don't" Mira said shakily as tears fell to the ground, staining the white carpet as she watched her mother fall apart. "It'll be all right, just please mom don't cry" Mira felt her whole life falling apart into a thousand pieces of broken glass. `Why has it come to this?'

^^^End of Flash Back^^^

*Sighs*

`Why did it have to be this way?' Mira questioned as she looked down at the floor. She took off her headphones at the thought and pressed stop on her cd player. She hated it whenever she thought of the day her father left her and her mother. She hated it so much that she tried to commit suicide but decided not to for the sake of her mother. 'Get over it Mira you're living a new life don't get chained down by the past' her conscience told her. Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by the smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen.

She silently walked in the kitchen and saw her mom making pancakes for breakfast. She inhaled the sweet scent of pancakes deeply with her eyes closed and put her headphones on. "Morning mom" Mira said as she sat down in one of the seats at the table. Mira's mom turned her head around and smiled sweetly. "Morning dear, what do you want on your pancakes?" her mom questioned. "Umm……chocolate chunks with some powdered sugar" Mira replied. Her mom nodded her head and grabbed a bag filled with chocolate chunks from the fridge and took out some powdered sugar from the cupboard. She then grabbed her spatula and used it to flip the pancakes onto a plate. She placed her spatula in the sink and carried the plate filled with pancakes to the table. As she placed the plate down she started to drop chunks of chocolate onto it and sprinkled on some powdered sugar. "Here dear, now don't rush, you don't want to have a stomach ache on your first day of school, now do you" her mom said.

"I know mom" Mira said giving her the look of obvious. "Needless to say every morning" Mira rolled her eyes at her comment and grabbed a fork from one of the utensil cabinets. Pecking at the pancake she thought about how her new school was like.

"Mom, why did you choose a prep school?" Mira asked as she nibbled on her pancake. "You'll find out soon" her mom replied giving her a secretive wink. "Mom?" she questioned as she saw her leave the kitchen. "Okay?" she said cocking an eyebrow.

……………………… ……………

Minutes later, Mira was in her black Mercedes Benz just about ready to leave when she saw her mom running out of the house frantically. "Mom?" Mira questioned as she lowered her sunglasses from her eyes. "Mira, you almost forgot your cell phone" her mom said handing her a cell phone. "Uhh…thanks" Mira said looking down at the cell phone in her hand. "Well…see ya" Mira said and backed up her car. "Goodbye Mira" her mom yelled over the loud noise of her car revving. "Bye" Mira yelled as she drove off.

Mira turned up the music in her car when she was about a block away from home. To her liking her favorite station was playing one of her favorite songs, "the young and hopeless" by Good Charlotte. She bobbed her head to the beat of the music as she drove, but stopped when she came up to a red light. She waited patiently for the light to turn green and got bored doing it. To her, waiting for a few minutes was like waiting for the next day to come. But luckily she didn't have to wait to long because the light turned green.

……………………… …………

Arriving at her destination Mira pulled out her key, grabbed her books, and opened the door. She lifted up her sunglasses and held her books in her left arm as she stepped out. Closing her door behind her she gazed at the extremely large school. `Never thought I'd attend a prep school.' She shifted her books onto her right arm and walked up to the school's front lawn.

As she walked students stared at her and girls whispered to each other glancing at Mira with distaste.

`Is there something wrong with the way I look?' Mira questioned herself.

Mira wore the school uniform, which was a white short sleeved polo shirt, a red tie, a dark green skirt, which reached mid thigh, and a dark green jacket. She also had on a black chocker with a silver charm of wings saying death, sunglasses, which lies on top of her head, and a few platinum bracelets with charms saying love, hate, hope, wish, care, kindness, and betrayal.

She shrugged at all the gazes that were trailing her as she entered the school hallway. `Who cares if I seem…different, doesn't bother me' Mira took a few turns searching for the principal's office, but unexpectedly bumped into someone causing her to fall backwards. "Sorry" she said as she recollected her books on the floor. As she did that the person who bumped into her picked up one of her books and gave it to her. "Here" he said as he bent down and held the book in his hand. Mira looked up and saw a boy with red hair smirking as she took the book in her hand. "Thanks" she said and stood up dusting herself. The boy examined her from head to toe for a moment and said "you're new around here, aren't you" Mira stopped dusting herself and nodded. She then pulled some strands of hair behind her ear and walked away without another word. "Wait up, I didn't get your name yet" the boy said walking up to her. Mira looked to her side and cocked an eyebrow at the boy who was standing besides her. "So what's your name?" the boy asked. "Go figure" she answered and walked ahead of him. `Playing hard to get aren't ya, no prob. I like feisty' Tala thought as he watched Mira walk away with interest.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Hmmm……I wonder how's Tala gonna catch Mira's attention? Who knows, at least he's not gonna embarrass himself in front of her. I bet all of you readers are wondering why Kai isn't the one chasing after Mira. Well, you'll just have to wait until the next chapter.

Sneak Preview: Mira meets the rest of the characters and gets invited to a party on the weekends. Will she accept? Or will she decline? And if she does go to the party some awkward things happen. ^_^

Please review me because I can't post the next chapter if no one will review me. ~_~ (someone out there, please be kind and review)