Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Dancing With Demons ❯ The One Who Dreams Alone ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
~Dancing With Demons~
-Chapter 1-
The One Who Dreams Alone

"Come on Tyson, I have some back-up data we can use for this Beyblade battle, Dizzi has analyzed that this group isn't so tough- this challenger doesn't even have a Bit Beast!" Kenny exclaimed, his caramel waves of hair falling into his face- he could see, just about.

Tyson's fingers flexed in their leather grappling gloves, his legs apart in his battling position, his fingers moved to keep the stray tresses of raven hair away from his face, but all in vain as they came crashing back down- he nodded at Max whom looked quite confident in Tyson's ability, then he turned to Ray whom looked quietly confident in his friends ability, a smile curling upon his fair face, then finally facing Kai, looking aloof as ever with his arms folded across his chest as if in warning to not get too close to him, his face looking cold.


Tyson turned around to face his opponent, she looked too confident, which was her weakness Tyson grinned inwardly, she laughed at the little challenger, her short brown hair not even moving as she moved her head, then ends were flipped rapidly upwards, tied to her head was a cloth band- very much a copier of Ray, Tyson growled inwardly, however, hers was pure black with no room for patterns.
She bore a scarlet sleeveless top, which seemed tight and uncomfortable compared to Tyson's baggy shorts and loose shirts. Also, stylish and rich looking midi-trousers with a skirt attached, a split at the side.


"First it's the ever popular Himawari Yamamoto representing the team of the Lone Dreamers, their first time in a beyblade match which is sponsored by Yamamoto Textiles!" the announcer blared out excited as ever- the world of battles would never tire him, "And next it's TYSON from the Bladebreakers! Already a winner before, can he cut this Yamamoto?"

"I haven't lost any matches yet, and I don't plan to do so, Tyson!" Himawari shouted at him, taking her own position, a ridiculous copy of Tyson's own, her amber eyes on fire and a confident smirk upon her pale and pointed face.

"Oh you think so? And the matches you won? I bet your dad paid the people to lose, Yamamoto!" Tyson grinned, his tanned face lighting up in surety that he would win this daddies little princess- she could talk the talk, but not walk the walk.

"Three...two...one," the crowd and the announcer chorused, then- "LET IT RIP!"

"LET IT RIP!" Tyson shouted, mainly to Dragoon, his faithful bit-beast and to himself, taking his stance and releasing his beyblade with the passionate force he always had, energy and power coursing through his veins- every battle was just as unnerving.

"You're going down!" cried Himawari, releasing hers with a gentle force- oh yes, Tyson recalled cheerfully, she hasn't any bit-beast!

The beyblades were rotating but to the naked eye they seemed like whirlwinds of scarlet and blue, Tyson smiled- he'd let her get tired first. Apparently, she had much more energy than Tyson had anticipated and this was flowing through the beyblade which was spinning at almost his level even though hers didn't have a bit-beast. He smiled calmly as Kai looked on at disgust- finally opening his eyes.

"Can't take down a girl- a spoiled one at that, he must leave our team, their is no room for weakness!" Kai thought inwardly, his arms forever folded against his tight, sleeveless black shirt, his cargo trousers more comfortable than his top.

Just as Tyson seemed about to prove Kai's doubts, he unleashed Dragoon's mystical wind attack- well, it was all thanks to Kenny who made Tyson realise that he had an attack left- they continued the battle, Himawari putting up a fierce resistance. Tyson had to agree, that he had underestimated her just a bit, but he saw the spin slow down a bit and his smile grow wider.
Himawari scowled, then narrowed her amber eyes- this never happened at the mansion with the other beybladers!

"Ah, Yamamoto-Sensei, just be careful..." someone whispered beside Kenny, he turned to look but there was nobody there, he blinked (of course no-one noticed him blinking as his eyes were covered by his hair), "Dizzi, you say something?"

"I have lots to say, but no-one ever considers my advice," the laptop answered him simply, computer screen reacting to the sound of Dizzara, Kenny's bit-beast whom by a power surge got trapped into his laptop, thereby giving Kenny enough stats and data about the opponents and knowledge that Kenny provided for the Bladebreakers, also Dizzara had the knowledge of every bit-beast in existence which proved useful many times, though her snide and sarcastic remarks sometimes grated on Kenny's nerves, those computer geniuses have big ones!
"Why do you ask, Kenny?"

The small, near teenager shook his head, "oh nothing- hey look, Tyson has won!"
Kenny stood up alongside Max and cheered and clapped with the rest of the crowd, Ray looking quietly proud whilst Kai looking the same as ever, seated as if on a throne, his eyes closed and arms folded- Kenny sometimes wished he'd quit the lone wolf act.

Tyson meanwhile was trying to console the hysteric Himawari, whom gave a new meaning to the term- 'Sore Looser'.

"How could you? I wont accept this battle, I refuse to believe you have won!" she cried, throwing her scarlet beyblade across the stadium, aiming for Tyson whom dodged it.

"H-hey, that's your problem!" Tyson grinned, "I guess your dad really does pay people to lose against you! Sorry, no-one can bribe me!"

Himawari stopped her screaming for the moment as her eyes widened in realisation, she shot a murderous glance at her father whose face was immediately drenched in sweat, he tried to loosen his collar button and tie, and tried to avoid his daughters eyes.

"Oh my folks, it seems Yamamoto is not willing to accept defeat!" the commentator said to the crowd in amusement then laughed again, "sorry- but there has to be a winner and a looser, better luck next time sweetie!"

Max ran up to Tyson and threw him a high-five, Ray ran alongside him, grinning like an idiot and even Kai sauntered over to them, however, Tyson seemed content with them- he hadn't even bothered to call out Kenny's name, perhaps it was in excitement, Kenny thought worriedly, trying to paste a smile.
He always felt the odd one out, him not having a beyblade for one made Kai disrespectful towards him, even Ray didn't seem to bother with him- Tyson just needed him for the data and stats, the only person who ever really bothered with Kenny was Max, not using him, but treating him like a friend- but Kenny knew that he still needed the data, well data they want, data they shall get!

"Or, you can join us," suggested a silky voice, different from the one before.
Kenny turned to find a tall boy, with a pale face, resembling Kai but differing greatly from him. His face held no emotion, it was very hard to read and eyes being the window to the soul? Well, it was hard as his eyes were covered in iron curtains, or so it seemed with that tone of emotionless emerald, and to complete the picture of coldness he had sleek platinum blonde hair, gelled aback.

"I don't know what you mean!" Kenny replied to the boy, whom was around the age of fifteen or perhaps younger as he was the same height as Ray and Kai.

"I know all about you Kenny, you and your...friends," he answered him, his emerald eyes boring straight through Kenny's- but how would he know about Kenny's eyes, they were covered right? Well, he could read minds so perhaps he had x-ray vision.

"Who are you? And what is your name? What do you want?" Kenny launched into the questions that had slipped into his curious mind as soon as this conversation was started, this boy was weird, but he knew Kenny better than even perhaps Dizzi ever did.

"I am the leader of The Lone Dreamers, my name is Hiiro Yamamoto, and what I want is you," he answered him smoothly, his pale fingers rushing to his fair tresses, but his gaze never leaving Kenny, then his hand brought forward, "how would you like a beyblade, Kenny?"

Kenny was confused, how would this stranger know about him? And why would he consider giving him a beyblade, and he needed him? For what?

"I understand your confusion, this is what the members are- confused and lost souls who are exactly the name, they are the ones who dream alone, Kenny," Hiiro answered, his hand still held calmly in the air in front of Kenny, "just like you!"

Kenny considered this another moment, this boy knew more than Kenny thought, and that Himawari must be a cousin or so, as the surnames matched- what if he would just use him as well for his knowledge, but he still understood his loneliness- and he even offered a beyblade, what did he mean?

"I offer you a beyblade, as we need you on our team, we need not only your knowledge- but you," Hiiro smiled, it seemed sincere enough but it didn't seem to reach his eyes, but did anything?

Kenny forwarded his own gloved hand, and shook it to Hiiro's warm one, whom gratefully curled his fingers around, tightening his bound on Kenny but still making it comfortable.

"And if you ever need to leave, Kenny, then don't feel pressured, as I and my team will surely understand," Hiiro nodded, smiling again and meaning the words in all honesty.

Kenny sighed in relief, if this boy had said it, he believed him, and there wasn't any pressure involved at all, he offered a grin to Hiiro Yamamoto and strolled over to Tyson whom had been oblivious to Kenny being missing- even though he was leaving, it still stung him to go away with the knowing they only used him.

"Tyson, I-I'm leaving to join The Lone Dreamers," Kenny informed him as he cleared his throat.

It took a while for this information to sink into Tyson, he seemed confused then laughed.

"Stop joking around Kenny, did you see my victory?" Tyson grinned widely, taking Kenny's hand and twirling him in his ecstasy.

"You mean my victory, without my prompts- you wouldn't be where you are!" Kenny yelled, surprised at his courage, he'd wanted to say that a long time ago, every victory went to Tyson's head, and he never seemed to credit Kenny at all.

The rest of the team gaped in shock, even Kai had opened his eyes, though his arms were still folded, his proud head thrust in the air.

"Well...but..." Tyson managed to gulp out, he had lengthened in height and everything else in his teenage figure, he had always been taller than Kenny, but at the moment felt very small, he hung his capped head, raven hair hiding his eyes, "I respect your decision..."

"See they don't want me, they didn't even try to stop me!" his mind screamed, even though his heart twitched slightly at seeing the twinkle disappear from Max's eyes and the proud gleam away from Ray's- and the hurt that oozed out of Tyson's very being.

"Well...bye..." Kenny finished lamely, and turned to go, he even wished that Dizzi would make some sarcastic comment and make him frustrated, to take his mind off of the situation, but it wouldn't happen, she was surprisingly quiet.

He trudged miserably to where Hiiro Yamamoto was waiting for him, looking calm as ever, his green eyes not surprised and he politely bowed.
"Welcome to the team."

Kenny nodded in acknowledgement, then his heartbeat raised- he was going to get a beyblade, sure he left some friends behind, but he had no regrets!

Hiiro smiled, "I'll take you to meet the team, it has only three members when I include myself!" he laughed good-naturedly, leading him to a mansion, with traditional scenic beauty and with all the modern comforts, it was like a palace!
"Welcome to Yamamoto Mansion!"

***