Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angel ❯ Can I trust you? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm not sure if this idea has been done before, but I'm doing it.
Fallen Angel
 
Ch1
“Where am I?” Kai Hiwatari mummered softly, “What place am I in now?”
Kai Hiwatari was different, he was dead for one thing. He was supposed to be a guardian angel, but he did something bad, now he was a fallen angel. Kai was doomed to wonder the Earth for all entirety.
&&&&&&&
“Wow,” a voice whispered in amazement, “A fallen angel. This is sure to get me brownie points with Lee. Maybe I should kill him.”
The cloaked figure smiled evilly. This was going to make him happy.
&&&&&&&
Why was contacting my friends so bad? Kai wondered, Why didn't God want me to tell them that I was alright, that even though I was a bad person, even though I was a bastard, I made it to heaven? Why couldn't I talk to them?
Kai pulled his trenchcoat around his gray wings and saw a cloaked figure in the distance.
Maybe he knows where I am, Kai thought with a sigh, Maybe I could get some help.
Kai started to walk to the figure, but when the figure noticed him, it ran off, leaving Kai confused.
What happened, Kai wondered, Were my wings showing?
Kai saw the direction in which the figure had ran and headed that way.
&&&&&&&
He saw me! Rei thought as he ran, Shit!
Rei ran back to his village and hid. If the fallen angel found him, his plan was doomed!
“Rei?” a female voice asked, “What's wrong?”
Rei looked at his fellow neko-jin and said, “I'm fine Mariah, why do you ask?”
“Because,” she said quietly, “You seem scared. Who're you running from?”
Rei sighed. Mariah seemed so perceptive.
“I'm fine.”
Rei walked off in anger.
&&&&&&&
“What is this village?” Kai wondered grimly, “This is the way the figure ran, right?”
Kai noticed that the village looked like something out of the Bronze Age. Thinking of this, make him think of his phoenix friend, Dranzer.
I miss you Dranzer, Kai thought sadly, Where are you?
“Excuse me.”
Crap, I've been seen!
“Who are you?”
Kai slowly turned around, making sure that his wings were hidden and saw a young man.
“I'm lost,” Kai said bluntly, “Where am I?'
“Who are you<” the man asked, “Answer me!'
Kai groaned.
“I'm Kai Hiwatari,” he said, “Now please, where am I?”
“In the middle of China.”
Kai studied the boy's golden eyes and ebony-black hair, pulled back into a wrap that reached his knees.
“Oh,” Kai said quietly, “I'll be leaving. Sorry to bother you.”
Kai started to walk off, looking for a place that he could stretch his wings and fly.
“Wait!” the man called, “Are you okay?”
“Yeah.” Kai turned around. “Why?”
“How did you get into China?”
“I flew.”
That wasn't a lie. Kai did fly.
“Oh. Did you not know where you were landing?”
Kai shook his head.
“Well, I'm Rei Kon.”
“Okay.”
“Would you like to stay here for a while?”
Kai paused, he didn't know if he should take this offer, but he hadn't a place to stay for a long while.
“If it is not too much trouble,” Kai said, “Then sure.”
“Okay then!” Rei said brightly, “Lets go introduce you to everyone else!”
&&&&&&&
Kai had been welcomed into the village with open arms. A little to welcome, for they all seemed really glad to see him. Did they know what he was?
“Kai,” Rei said coming up behind him, “Can I ask you something”
“Hn.”
“Where are you from?”
“Russia.”
“What's it like there?”
Kai smiled faintly.
“Cold.”
“Oh.”
“Rei.”
“Yeah?”
“I shouldn't stay here. I'm being tracked by a demon of sorts. He already chased away my friend Dranzer.”
Rei noticed the expression on Kai's face and asked, “What's wrong? Who's chasing you? Why?”
Pretending that he was confused was hard for Rei. He knew that he was the one trying to kill Kai, he just wanted to wait for Kai to let his wings out. Rei would injure Kai's wings so he couldn't get away.
“Can I trust you?”
Rei nodded.
“You can.”
Rei got his knife ready as Kai slowly undid his black coat. When Kai pulled his coat off, brilliant gray wings expanded around him. His wings were the most amazing things that Rei had even seen. He felt sorry about having to damage them.
“See,” Kai said dimly, “This is why.”
“I see that I'm going to kill you!” Rei snarled pulling his knife out.
Kai was so shocked that all he did was try to fly away, but Rei jumped on him and slashed his right wing. Kai yelled in pain and tried to throw Rei off, but the pain from his bleeding wing was too much. Kai blacked out.