Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ False Friends ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
False Friends

Summary: Crystalia “Crystal” Pond is a beautiful young woman who has spent time in the Abbey and is Tala’s best friend! However, her versions of events differ greatly from what the Blitzkrieg Boys can remember…

Pairings: None, really.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Crystalia “Crystal” Pond. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is of my own and not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental. I would not stoop to such a level as hunting down other’s OC to mock them. I only mock story clichés, not the characters themselves.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

Gripe of the Day: Hmm, a fourth season fic? I don’t know, that hasn’t been overly done yet. Although, it does sound tempting as it would be a breeding ground for Sues. However, it leads to a question that bugs me; why do Suethors always pair their team with Grev or the Blitz Boys? I mean, nowhere in canon-verse has two rival teams been paired before a tournament before, so why is it so common in Sue fics? The reasons are ridiculous, the characters are clones of the team they’re paired with and it’s incredibly tacky. It just grates on my nerves so much.

AN: Hello again, everyone. Ok, yeah, I lied. This will now be a three-shot fic. I got carried away with this chapter, having fun with the verbal smack-down of Crystal. I’m glad you like the name ^^ Very cheesy, isn’t it? I just had to use it. It was begging for me to use it.

Here’s chapter two of the now three-part series. Suggestions, comments, rants and general bashing of clichés are always welcomed. Looking forward to hearing from you all again soon ^^

-

Chapter 2:

A flicker of irritation appeared in Tala’s icy blue eyes as he stepped out into the hallway, having been interrupted by a lot of yelling and cursing by a voice he did not recognize. Running his gaze over the group before him, his eyes lingered on the form of a stranger who was half-glaring at him with a sense of smugness and familiarity, like they’ve met somewhere before.

As he studied her, he felt a sense of trepidation and he frowned deeper. It couldn’t be…not here…

“Well, what the hell is going on?” Tala asked as he turned his gaze to the bladers he knew, noting that every single one of them had an expression of annoyance, all of which seemed to be directed at the young woman here. “Teams are trying to practice here.”

“Don’t act like training is more important,” the snow-haired girl suddenly snapped at him, her crystal blue eyes narrowing with a sense of anger and frustration. While she had a patience of a saint, she had a passionate temperament and whenever she got angry, even the cool and stoic members of the Blitzkrieg Boys took a step back in fear.

However, much to her surprise, Tala simply raised an eyebrow in her direction. He actually had the gall to look disinterested. That bastard thinks he’s so cool.

“Excuse me? Who the hell are you?” he asked, quite harshly, annoyed that she actually hissed at him for no apparent reason. All he said was that others were training and she snapped at him; not a good start at all.

The young woman literally reeled back in shock, her eyes widening in a sense of disbelief. “What?” she uttered, Tala’s response to her left her opened mouthed.

Ray shifted his gaze between the familiar redhead and the quickly growing annoying white-haired female and felt the need to explain a few things to Tala, as he was as lost as they are. He wasn’t that close to the redhead, but he knew enough to know that he would never lie or pretend not to know someone, especially someone who was supposed to be his best friend.

“Tala,” he said, gaining the Russian’s attention before jabbing his thumb in the direction of their new acquaintance. “Meet your old best friend, Crystal Pond.”

“My what?” Tala asked as his face contoured into an expression of utter confusion, glancing over to the girl who was called Crystal, his two teammates Bryan and Spencer, doing the same behind him.

Crystal felt her anger begin to rise once again and she had to grit her teeth together painfully not to stomp over to her ex-best friend and slap him across the face for everything he’s done to her. “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten me, Tala,” she asked him with a semi-mocking tone. “Did Boris do that to you?”

“Er? What?” Tala found himself muttering as everyone else looked blankly confused. “Who the hell are you?”

“It’s me, Crystal!” she yelled at him, hoping that him seeing just a mere hint of her passionate temperament that he will take a step back and remember her, and then apologize for being an complete and utter ass to her. He will then get all protective and demand that she join his team, making her vice-captain and when he learns how Grev here treated her, he’ll want revenge, vowing to get it at the next World Championships.

Of course, he’ll face off against Tyson, only to lose and get seriously injured, where she’ll step up to the dish and take his place, showing the world how powerful and amazing she truly is...by beating Tyson with ease.

Heh, the Blitzkrieg Boys will kick themselves for not thinking of her earlier.

“You must remember me!” she continued to yell out her frustrations. “You arsehole, you have to remember everything we’ve been through together! I broke out of the Abbey and wanted you to come with me, remember? But then you betrayed me, forcing me to battle against you for my freedom!”

A deathly still silence followed and the temperature in the air seemed to drop a degree or two.

Crystal took a moment to catch her breath, chiding herself for losing her temper so easily like that. But then again, Tala was always doing something that annoyed her and he was always making her lose her temper. He loved getting her angry as he said she looked incredibly hot when she’s pissed.

“What was that?” Bryan suddenly asked with an arctic chill in his voice.

“You remember her, Tala?” Ray asked when he noticed the silence that had come over the Russians, chewing on his bottom lip in hope that they indeed don’t know of her.

Almost mechanically, Tala turned his attention toward the neko, his right eyebrow suddenly giving a large twitch. He knew it, from the moment he first laid eyes on her that they were dealing with a deranged fangirl.

Gah, could be pick them or what?

“It’s hard to remember someone you’ve never met,” he bit out a reply.

“So, you’re saying she’s not your best friend?” Max asked, speaking up for the first time since the Russians stepped out of their training room.

Tala’s eyebrow automatically gave another twitch. “I’m saying that I’ve never seen her before in my life,” he all but ground out before turning his attention to his two taller teammates behind him. “Do you guys remember any Crystal?”

Bryan didn’t even take a moment to think before he shook his head in the negative. “Nope, doesn’t ring a bell.”

“But she was in the Abbey,” Tyson pointed out, but not in a way that was trying to convince them of Crystal’s sincerity, but rather, to hear what the Blitz Boys will say to debunk her claims.

Tyson and his teammates knew Crystal was lying, but they wanted to hear confirmation from the ones who were really in the Abbey themselves. They weren’t stupid enough to make statements about something they had no idea about.

“That’s not possible,” Bryan snapped, his posture becoming defensive and annoyed whenever anyone so much as mentions that hellhole. “Everyone knows there were no girls in the Abbey.”

He suddenly rolled his eyes toward the ceiling and pressed his two fingers against his forehead. “Man, how many times do I have to say that?” he muttered bitterly.

“I was the only girl, remember?” Crystal snapped back, absolutely appalled that they were treating her with so much suspicion and well, hatred. She has had a tragic and painful life; shouldn’t they be a bit more sympathetic?

The again, she was dealing with a bunch of sexist males. She’ll show them who the most powerful gender was!

“I was in the Labs with Tala,” she continued as she folded her arms under her bust and sent them all a vicious glare. “I was training to be Bio-Volt’s last try girl. You have to remember that.”

A large twitch of utter detestation shuddered through Tala’s body and he made a low noise that sounded suspiciously like a growl. “What did you just say?” he asked with such iciness that Crystal subconsciously took a step backwards!

Standing silently in the back ground, Spencer tapped his chin as he appeared in deep thought. For some reason, the ridiculous name of Crystal Pond rang a bell with him. He suddenly snapped his head up with a sense of realization in his eyes. “I remember you now,” he said as he pointed at the young woman, who immediately looked smug.

A sense of bitter disappointment filled Ray’s being and he frowned. “You do?”

“Yeah,” Spencer said as a smirk spread across his lips as he turned to his two teammates, both of which are looking up at him with a sense of expectancy. Crystal might look smug now, but she won’t for much longer. “She was that idiot who broke into the Abbey to teach everyone a lesson, remember?”

“Er...” Tala muttered.

“Apparently, a quack scientist brought her daughter to the Abbey in effort to get her enrolled,” he explain, risking a glance in Crystal’s direction, his smirk growing when he found her staring at him with utter disbelief. “And she also tried to sell plans for a prototype blade, but it was incredibly faulty and uncontrollable, so Boris threw the both of them out.”

A collective ‘Oh’ flittered through the group. Now, that made a bit more sense.

“My mother was a genius!” Crystal screamed, her face turning red from anger. She was literally beginning to seethe in her own skin. How dare they say such things about her mother? “Her plans were to revolutionize the world of Beyblade!”

Spencer, far from impressed by her outburst, folded his arms over his chest and continued on. “So, this sunspot here took the blade and broke into the Abbey, facing Tala here in a battle.”

“She did?” Tala asked as he blinked his blue eyes slowly.

Max tilted his head to the side and looked at the Russian. “You don’t remember?” he asked.

Once again, Tala blinked slowly and shook his head. “I’ve battled a lot of kids in the Abbey, but I don’t remember her,” he said as he jabbed a thumb in her direction.

An understanding smile appeared on Spencer’s lips and he clasped a large hand on Tala’s shoulder. “I’m not surprised you don’t remember, she didn’t do anything interesting or spectacular, only made a fool of herself in front of everyone. She lost the battle in record time.”

“Hey, I think I remember that,” Bryan said, jumping into the conversation as a half smirk played across his lips. “Yeah, she started spouting something about how girls were always underestimated or something. And that she was going to show the true essence of a blader, to make everyone pay for pushing her away.”

Tala was literally swimming around in a sea of utter confusion. He had no idea what the hell was going on or who this young woman was. Nothing she said made sense, nothing the others were saying brought him any memories. He believed what they were saying as he’s been friends and teammates with them for years, always side by side, but for the life of him he could not remember anyone called Crystal.

“I still don’t remember,” he said, frustrated by what was going on.

“Aw, you don’t remember your best friend?” Bryan mockingly asked which earned him a scowl of displeasure from the redhead.

“Wait,” Ray piped up, looking as lost as he felt. “Are you saying she broke into the Abbey? What?”

A low chuckle rumbled from Spencer’s throat and he nodded. “From what I can remember, she wanted to show Boris how powerful girl bladers were, not that he was interested,” he said and gave a light shrug of his shoulder. “He was in charge of an all boys Abbey. He would never risk media spotlight by allowing an obnoxious brat like Crystal here entrance. No matter how important she thought she was.”

“There are plenty of amazing female bladers out there already, but they don’t go around breaking into all boys establishments just to make a point,” Hilary said as she folded her arms crossly over her chest and sent a glare in Crystal’s direction, who in turn seemed to be trembling with suppressed rage. “They’re above such stupidity.”

“Wait, I think I remember something,” Tala said, having an eureka moment. “I bumped into her while she was trying unsuccessfully to sneak in, right?”

Spencer nodded his head. “That’s right, you did.”

“So, that’s how the two of you became bestest best friends, right?” Bryan asked, once again in a mocking tone.

“Not bloody likely,” Tala hissed as he narrowed his eyes in the obviously deranged girl’s direction. “If I remember correctly, she did nothing but smirk and throw out ‘witty’ oneliners after the other. The introduction to her name lasted longer than the battle itself.”

“Seems to me she’s using the meeting between the two of you as an excuse to get involved with other people’s lives,” Spencer muttered bitterly as a frown of disproval appeared on his face.

Bryan found himself frowning as well, a sense of utter frustration appearing in his chest. “Yeah, she’s probably hoping that we wouldn’t remember her at all and she would then become a member of our team on face value, or at least G Revolution here.”

“Just because she claimed to be best friends with Tala?” Ray all but spluttered in disbelief and snapped his gaze toward the silent stranger. Where’s the logic in that? “No offense, but we already have enough members, we don’t need anyone else.”

“And we’re quite happy with the number of bladers on our team,” Bryan quickly informed her as he gave her a scathing look of annoyance. “We have plenty of kids who have also been in the Abbey asking to be a member, what makes you so bloody special?”

Crystal could not believe what was happening. They were turning against her, even after learning of her past! “Are you calling me a liar?” she asked with a hiss, her eyes once again narrowing in anger.

“Well, if the shoe fits,” Bryan snapped back. This was no longer entertaining, but rather highly irritating. They managed to debunk what she had to say, and yet she was still here?

Talk about dense.

“How dare you?” Crystal practically snarled at them as she took a heavy step forward, coming oh-so close to losing her temper completely. “I have been in the Abbey, you arsehole. You’re only treating me like this because I’m a girl.”

“Gender has nothing to do with this!” Hilary immediately stomped over to her, getting into her face fearlessly. “We’re treating you like this because you’re an obnoxious brat! Who in their right mind would break into an establishment and then give a warped impression of something that happened years ago? Where is the logic, tell me!”

“Just because you were in the Abbey of a total of five minutes, doesn’t mean you’re our friend, does it?” Tala told her as he planted a hand on his hip, his eyes narrowed fiercely. “Honestly, the lengths some people go through just to get some recognition.”

“I’m kinda annoyed by the fact that we have fanbrats like her claiming to be hidden in a lab, deep underground,” Spencer said as he ran a tired hand over his face. “Sure, there were labs down there, but Boris had an image to uphold, he would never risk chaining some brat down there for years on end. Please.”

“Yeah, because if he did, he would have a hard time explaining their sudden existence in the world, wouldn’t he?” Bryan couldn’t help but add. Truly, this was all so logical, that he felt kinda silly even saying it. But, then again, with the dense female in front of him, it just had to be said as she was clearly not getting the point.

Crystal could feel herself tremble with rage, her crystal blue eyes deepening into a fiery blue, giving a mere hint of her inner anger. This was just too unbelievable to be really happening. They were supposed to welcome her with open arms, be in awe of her beauty and power, turn to her for advice and fight amongst themselves for her affections. She was supposed to be the centre of their universe; nothing was supposed to happen without her involvement in some way.

She was supposed to be their main focus from now on! How dare they be so incredibly selfish and egotistical, pushing her away like they were!

“I don’t care what the fuck you say or think; you’re a team of sexist arseholes, even you from Grev. You need a proper female blader, and bitchface Hilary here doesn’t count,” she snarled at them, her voice as harsh and cold as the winter wind. She then stood up tall and folded her arms under her bust, perking it up a bit and gave them all a smug look. “You need a decent female blader, someone who is feisty, beautiful and talented.” She flicked a strand of white hair over her shoulder. “Heh, someone like me.”

Bryan literally felt sick by the gravitational pull from her enormous ego. “Oh, you have no idea,” he muttered.

Hilary was slowly simmering with anger before trying to leap forward to slap Crystal across the face, but was held back by Tyson and Max grabbing onto one of her arms each. “What did you just call me?!” she hissed at her.

“What does having a female blader on the team have to do with anything?” Tyson asked as he held his seething female teammate back. “Don’t change the topic so quickly.”

“What should we do?” Ray asked as he turned to the Russian team next to him, an irritated look on his face. “I doubt she’ll leave.”

“I don’t know,” Tala muttered as he ran a hand down his face, appearing crankily exhausted. “She’s giving me a major headache.”

“Heh,” Bryan suddenly chuckle as a smirk slipped onto his lips and a sadistic glint appeared in his eyes. “Maybe we should introduce her to a real female blader.”

“That’s a great idea,” Ray said, instantly perking up as the others around him nodded their heads in agreement. “I’ll go get her.”

Yes, it was indeed time to get the only female blader they could turn to for help with such matters as obnoxious fangirls not getting the point that they are not wanted.

It was time to get Kai involved. Oh, this was going to be fun!