Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Fates That Comes Naturally ❯ The Change Of Rules ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fates That Comes Naturally

By Darkpsychic

Copyright 2004

All rights reserved

* * *

Brief Summary: What happens when the Bladebreakers met another team who had just about the same qualities as them- a cold "take no prisoner" leader, brilliant bladers and a know-it-all researcher in the team. The only difference is that the team are made up of only girls. Will the Bladebreakers finally met their match when the two teams met on their way to the World Championship and when there is a slight change in the competition rules…

Warning: This is quite a long fic and once school reopens I wouldn't be able to update that often so please bear with it. However I will definitely finish this fic!

* * *

Darkpsychic: Hiya! This is my first Beyblade Fanfiction and since I haven't watched all the episode yet, so it's kinda hard to write this but I tried my best okay? To be honest, I've only watched until the Asian Tournament when I wrote this so I got most of my other info from reading. Hope it's not too far from the real one.

Kai: Are you going to start writing or what? Some of us need to train!

Darkpsychic: Don't be such a spoilsport Kai, it's my first Fanfiction so let me say something first.

Kai: Whatever

Darkpsychic: Grrr… be like that again and I'll make Ray the main character instead!

Kai: @_@

Ray: Dun drag me in!

Darkpsychic and Kai stares.

Ray: Ok, I'll keep quiet.

Tyson: Darkpsychic does not own Beyblade but she do own the rest of the new characters you will see in it.

* * *

Chapter 1 ~The Change Of Rules~

/ Thoughts /

"Speaking"

* * *

"Oh man!" moaned Max as he and Kenny tried to wake up the sleeping Tyson. Tyson was shook to and fro but all they got was a snore in reply.

"Why don't you just throw water on him" the laptop suggested.

"Dizzi, that's not very nice", said Kenny.

"I know that Chief, but it should work"

"I doubt it. Tyson would probably just think he's swimming"

"What do we do now? If Tyson doesn't wake up soon, we'll going to be late!" Max moaned again.

" How about using the scent of Tyson's top 10 favourite things?" suggested Ray who just entered the room.

"WHAT?!" asked the two boys in unison.

"Pancakes. Watch me." Ray told them and then revealed a plate of steaming hot pancakes from behind his back.

The trio watched as the scent of the pancakes floated towards Tyson's nose and the blue haired boy was up in an instant.

"PANCAKES!" shouted Tyson, wide-awake. Max giggled. "That's one good way to wake Tyson up."

"What if we ran out of pancakes?" Dizzi asked.

"Why did you asked?" said Kenny.

"Judging from that appetite of his, I seriously doubt that the plate of pancakes is going to last more than ten seconds."

"Come on Dizzi, I can't help it if my appetite's big. I'm just born like this." Tyson protested with his mouth already full of pancakes.

" I think I get your point Dizzi." Kenny replied. Ray and Max sweatdrop.

"Kai says he will meet us at the front door later so we will have breakfast… HEY!" Ray shouted suddenly at the sight of the near empty plate.

"Ray, don't tell me our portion of the pancakes was on that plate too." Max asked nervously. Ray nodded with a sigh.

"WHAT?! TYSON YOU ATE OUR PANCAKES TOO!" Max thundered. "See? My point exactly, " the laptop told them.

No one was listening for the trio had jumped onto Tyson to save the last slice of pancake.

~~MEANWHILE~~

Kai was training in the training room located at the basement of the chalet they were staying in.

/That Tyson, can't he do anything better than sleeping/ Kai watched his blade spin round and round, avoiding all the obstacles he had set inside.

/The rules have changed. If those amateurs don't train hard, they are never gonna pass the test. The last time I was in there only 6 out of the entire 500 passed, and four of them turned out to be the Demolition Boys/

~FLASHBACK~

" This a moment for you all to be nervous. You all will be worried to know that only 6 of you had passed this course." The main teacher-in-charge told the crowd.

"Aren't you worry Kai?" asked Spencer sarcastically, " you might just be among those poor little guys who failed this course."

Kai rolled his eyes, "Hmph, you worry about yourself." /I'm genetically perfect. If anyone is going to pass, it definitely going to be me/

"Spencer is just trying to console you, you are not going to pass Kai. You know yourself." Ian sneered.

"Stop pestering me and start worrying for yourself. Even if you do pass, you might just get a pathetic 50%." Kai replied coldly.

"We'll know pretty soon Kai, just because you're Voltaire Hiwatari's grandson and you were trained personally by Boris Balkov, doesn't mean you are perfect Kai." Bryan told him.

"Shut up and see what happens." Shouted Kai through gritted teeth. /We'll see who gets the last laugh/

Tala who was next to Kai remained quiet. /Kai is really something. From his pass performance, I doubt that he will fail/

The teacher continued, " Now to announce the names of those who passed. Spencer with a passing rate of 74.8%."

"See? My name was announced first. I'll never fail." Spencer boasted before he went up to receive his certificate.

"Next, Bryan with a passing rate of 78.9%."

Bryan grinned at Kai before going up the stage too. /Grrr… I'll get him!/ Kai thought as he stared angrily at the figure.

"Thirdly, Tala, with a passing rate of 89.6%."

Tala got up without a word and went onto the stage. "Guess it leaves me and you huh?" Ian told Kai, " Maybe you're pass after all, with a rate of 50%!" laughed Ian.

/You just wait/ Kai simply kept his cool.

"Fourth, Ian with a passing rate of 50%."

Ian choked. "What?! This can't be!" he muttered. Kai smirked, " Just be happy that you passed."

"At least I passed. Just to remind you Kai, only two places left. Better start praying." Ian sneered.

/Man, I can't really have failed/ Kai started to tense. Ian's words were finally having an effect on him but he tried not to show it.

"Finally, we have our top two scorers with a passing rate of 99.5%. Kari and Kai."

Kai stood up, enjoying the look on Spencer, Ian and Bryan's faces as if Christmas was cancelled. At the other end of the hall, a girl with midnight blue hair stood up too.

/A girl shared the same score as me. I thought girls don't even know how to launch a Beyblade/ Kai thought as he threw a glance at the girl who stood next to him after they got on stage.

Surprised, he got a cold stare in return. "I don't know what you think of girls Kai, but I'm not what you think I am." The girl whispered as she walked passed him and got off the stage after everyone got their certificate.

/How did she know what I was thinking, who exactly is she/

"Congratulation Kai, you passed with such a high rate!" congratulated Ian with bitted sarcasm. Kai smirked.

"Do you know who's that girl who got the same rate as me?" asked Kai as he caught sight of the girl again as she walked past.

"That's Kari. Don't underestimate her just because she's a girl. She's one of the top bladers in this school and among the best. Voltaire Hiwatari tried to ask her to let Boris Balkov train her personally once but she refused." Tala answered.

/A special girl. Grandfather had never ask anyone to be specially trained by Boris except me. Kari, I have a feeling I'll meet her again someday/

~END OF FLASHBACK~

/Kari, I had always remembered that name. I'll battle her someday, to prove that I'm actually better than her/

Kai launches his Beyblade again, this time destroying all the obstacles with Dranzer's flame. /Maybe Tyson and the rest will pass slightly after all. I wonder why the BBA changed the rules…/

~FLASHBACK~

"Boys, I have something to announce." Shouted Mr Dickinson as he stopped the boys' game.

"Sure!" answered Tyson almost immediately as he ditched his poker cards and rushed forward.

Max sulked. " I was winning! I got a full house!" he moaned. Ray's eyes widened. " What?!"

"Why the big shock Ray?" Kenny asked as he threw his card down also.

"Because he got a straight flush chief," Answered his laptop.

"Then I've got nothing to lose. Why didn't you tell me earlier Dizzi?" Max said as he ran happily to join Tyson. Ray sulkily followed.

"Are you coming Kai?" asked Kenny as he stood up.

"What cards have you got Mr Sourpuss?" Dizzi asked. Kai rolled his eyes and then threw down his cards for Dizzi to see before joining the rest. Kenny's eyes widened more than Ray's eyes did.

"Oh my god." He murmured as he flipped through Kai's stack of cards. Kai got everything from a spade two to a spade ace. (A/N: In poker, two is the biggest and three is the smallest. That's what my dad told me o_0" so if it's wrong, don't blame me.)

* * *

"So what's the news?" asked Tyson impatiently after everyone had gathered at the front of

Mr Dickinson.

Mr Dickinson laughed. "No need to be so impatient Tyson. I'll telling you now. There's a slight change in the rules for the World Beyblade Championship you all will be joining." He told them.

Everyone minus Kai exchanged glances. " What's the difference sir?" asked Kenny curiously. /Dizzi never told me about it/

"You all have to go to a Beyblade school in Japan where everyone of you will have to complete a course." Mr Dickinson continued.

Kai raised an eyebrow. "The Beyblade School in Japan? The one that is located in Kyoto?" he answered.

"Yes. After you completed the course, you will all be certified to go to America. Whatever challenge there will be in America remains a mystery until you all reach there." Mr Dickinson answered.

" All we have to do is to pass this easy course and we are due for America?" Tyson asked, obviously amused. /A simple test like that would not be difficult for me/

Kai rolled his eyes, " You think it's so easy? Hardly anyone ever managed to pass the course and the most number of people ever passed the course in a year was six." He told Tyson.

Tyson fell off his chair. "You mean it?" he asked in disbelief. /Oh man, it can't be that hard/

"It's true Tyson, I heard about it too." Ray answered. Kenny started typing to search for information on this school.

"Tyson. It's positive, Dizzi and I checked it out. There are only two such schools in the world, one in Japan, the other in Germany." Kenny exclaimed after a while.

"Now, now boys, don't start worrying. I have prefect confident in this team." Mr Dickinson assured them.

No one responded. "We'll be leaving for Japan tomorrow so you all better go to sleep early. Don't worry too much." Mr Dickinson says after a while.

"Ok." Everyone replied in unison and went into their separate rooms. /I have confident in you guys/ Mr Dickinson thought and went back into his room too.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"Tyson, we need to go now." Ray shouted as he tried to drag the boy away from the breakfast table. Kai had returned to the chalet after training in order to prepare for the Beyblade School they will be going.

"What the hell have you guys been doing anyway?" Kai asked as his eyes trailed from the messy table to Tyson's mouth which is stuffed full of pancakes. /Maybe I was wrong about the part they were going to pass slightly, THEY ARE DEFINETELY NOT GOING TO PASS/

"Sorry Kai but Tyson haven't finished his breakfast yet." Max told him and then had to rush to Tyson's aid when he suddenly choked.

"We'll make it in time Kai if we set off now," Kenny reassured him, " The school's only a few metres away."

"Hmph," was Kai's reply as he turned and went to the front door, " I'll go first if you don't mind, with that stomach of his now, I doubt that he can even walk." He said, before walking out.

"Hey!*cough* What do you *cough* mean by that?! I can run even faster than you!" Tyson said before rushing after Kai.

"Shouldn't we have called Kai back here earlier?" asked Kenny as he sweatdrop at the sight.

"It would have save us some pancakes AND energy since Tyson will actually leave the table willingly," Max laughed. Ray smiled.

"Let's go guys before we are the ones who will be late." Ray shouted as he headed out and chased after Tyson.

"Coming right up!" Max replied and ran after him leaving poor Kenny trying to gather up his laptop.

"Chief, aren't you going to run too? You are going to be late you know." Dizzi reminded him.

"It's easy for you to say since I'm the one carrying you!" Kenny moaned and rushed after the rest.

"Wait for me!" he shouted frantically as the Bladebreakers set off towards the first test that will led their way to the World Championship.

* * *

Darkpsychic: There! First chappie done! *beams*

Tyson: I thought you say we were going to meet some new characters!

Darkpsychic: Did I? *gives Tyson a blank look*

Tyson: You did! You warned me yesterday when you caught me eating your sushi that you'll make sure that your new character will flatten Dragoon!

Darkpsychic: Oh yah! Now I remember, thanks for the idea Tyson! *began to type in her laptop again*

Kenny: You shouldn't have reminded her! Now I have to stay up all night to try and think of a combination that can actually save Dragoon.

Tyson: *blinks*

Max: Why don't we worry about that the next chapter?

Darkpsychic: Anyone who wish to see what happens to Tyson for stealing my sushi, please review and I'll load the next chapter! R+R!

Archived at Fanfiction.net, Mediaminer.org and Fanfics.org…

* * *