Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Final Distance ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A girl walked through the forest, the sun peeking through the trees. Her chocolate, light brown hair was caressed by the soft winds. She had to travel to Russia fast. Clutching her beyblade to her chest, the girl sensed and therefore reached her faithful companion; Ryuu. Her bitbeast had a special power- he could materialize into humanized form at will. He had long, black hair and piecing cerulean eyes. He had dark, large black wings and a dragon tail. Although Ryuu appeared harsh and serious, he was actually very outgoing. “About time you got here! I’ve been dying over here.” He commented, annoyed. “Come, Ryuu. We have got to get to Russia quickly. There isn’t much time...one day soon, this world will change.” The girl’s words made no sense to Ryuu. He watched as she passed him, her face emotionless as usual. Ryuu noticed that her silver eye gleamed with reassurance, yet her crimson eye shone with worry. Eventually, they reached the harbor, but there were no boats. “We’re in a jam. How will we get across?” Ryuu questioned.

Suddenly, the girl’s white shirt ripped in the back, forming 2 slits. On her right, a beautiful white wing ripped from her back, the feathers fluttering around her. The same result came on her left, but that wing was black. “Let’s go, Ryuu.” “I...hadn’t noticed how much magic you had...” As they flew across the vast ocean, the compass guiding them to Russia, they hadn’t noticed the figure watching them from the shadows. But in the blink of an eye, the person seemed to disappear with the wind. The flight was fast, the two partners enjoying the gentle breeze, watching the dolphins jump up in to air playfully. “This world is beautiful...I must help protect it. Look, Ryuu! I see Russia! We can land there, no one will see us.”

A navy blue haired boy with lively brown eyes raced towards the beyblade stadium. “Today’s the day! Yeah! Time to kick some- The boy tripped and fell flat on his face. “Takao, you really suck!” Said a blonde, his wide grin full of mischief. “Shut up, Max!” Takao got up and chased him, the two ahead of the others. “I don’t know how long I can stand it...” Said a raven haired boy with golden, chilling cat eyes. “You? Those idiots don’t pull pranks on you, or call you names, or- “Kai, Rei, can we speed up a little? We’re way behind. An annoyed Kyouju suggested, leaving the other 2. “What will we do with them, huh?” Said a brunette, her ruby red eyes gleaming with amusement.

At the same time, a red haired boy with cold, icy eyes was walking with his own team towards the stadium. They were all fairly quiet and serious. The red head spotted something out of the ordinary. 2 figures landed onto the island, quickly into the midst of the park. They were no longer in sight, and obviously no one else saw them, so he just convinced himself that it was a hallucination.

“Finally. Let’s see...we have to find the ‘Blitzkrieg Boys’...” Said the girl, feeling lost in this park, her wings receding. “I see a tall building over there. It could be a beyblade tournament...I see lots of people.” Ryuu pointed out. “Couldn’t hurt, I guess...” She replied as they made their way into the stadium.

“OK! Let the match commence! The championship round of the Russian tournament!” yelled the announcer, enthusiastically. “Takao Kinomiya vs Yuri Ivanov!” As the battle went on, the girl called her bitbeast back into the beyblade, his form changing back into a dragon. She entered the stadium, watching as Takao and Yuri summoned their bitbeasts, yet she wasn’t very interested. The battle ended in a draw. Though she loves beyblading, she knows the truth about what will happen if no one should act. She must stop the Akutenshi from achieving they’re plan...

“And that’s the match! Give it up for Yuri of the Blitzkrieg Boys and Takao of the Bladebreakers!!” The cheers were loud, and the girl knew there was no mistake. She had come to the right place. Later that day, she introduced herself to the boys, her double-colored eyes locked with Yuri’s blue ones. “I am Haruka Mizuko from the land of Tenjoukai. I wish to discuss a drastic matter with you...” “What do you want?” Yuri asked coldly. At that moment, Haruka raised her hand in front of him, and her silver eye changed to red. “Oh no...there’s an Akutenshi within that beyblade!” Haruka exclaimed. “What are you talking- Yuri was cut off as a dark energy emerged from his beyblade and headed towards Haruka’s heart. Panting and gasping, the girls fell to the ground, Yuri and his comrades watching as Haruka’s wings sprouted, her white wing turning black. This...this can’t be...my demonic half...it’s... She had no time to think as she struggled to restrain herself from becoming a pawn of the evil spirit.

Ryuu was summoned in human form, a shining sword in his hand. The sword beamed with light, drawing out the devilish apparition. Soon enough, Haruka regained composure and launched her blade at the spirit. In a second, it burst into many parts. Her eye returned to silver. “Lucky for us, it was a weaker one.” Ryuu stated. “I didn’t need to slay it either.” He added. This small scene left Yuri and the others baffled. “Ok...what the FUCK is going on???” He demanded to know. “That...was just a glimpse of what could happen to any pf us, if we don’t prevent it...” Haruka managed to spit out. “What are you talking about?”

To be continued...