Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Final Distance ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haruka stepped backwards, her eyes not moving away from Yuri’s. “I’ll ask again...” “No need to. This is the reason I’ve come so far, to help this world defeat the Akutenshi...” “You’re not making any sense, girl. You think we’re afraid of just another threat to ‘take over the world’? Yeah right.” Bryan spat, sounding uninterested. “There’s more to it than you all know. Do you wish to be possessed, an evil spirit feeding off of your very soul?” Haruka asked, a tone of warning. “Let me join this team, and I promise you that you will not regret it.” she suggested. “Hm...well, if we let you join the team, we can’t be called the “Blitzkrieg BOYS anymore, huh?” Yuri said, a smirk on his face that was quickly erased. “This is not the time for such matters. As guardian angel of Tenjoukai, it is my duty to protect the balance between our worlds.” she said. “Y’know, you’re always so serious, ‘Ruke” Ryuu criticized, his hands behind his head. “There is another team I must negotiate with, if you would, please accompany me in finding the other team, I believe the two of you are opponents...” she said formally. “The Bladebreakers? Fine.” Yuri said hesitantly. “You are all taking this too lightly! I hate to imagine how the other team will take it...”

“That’s crazy! Talking about some super monsters that make people go all psycho and stuff...” Takao complained, eating to his heart’s content. “MAX!!” Takao yelled as his friend stole his chicken from his plate. “TAKAO! MAX! STOP IT NOW!!” Hiromi screamed, earning herself many sweat drops from the others. They were forced to stay inside, it was snowing heavily outside. “This is why I didn’t want to come. We can’t ‘negotiate’ with these fools...” Yuri complained. “HEY, YOU’RE REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!” Takao yelled. “Quiet, everyone! As I said, my name is Haruka Mizuko, and this is Ryuu, my partner. There is no telling who’s souls the demons are hidden in, and any of us can turn on one another at any given moment. You must resist the dark force with will power, or you are a goner, no questions asked.” the girl explained, hearing the gulping sounds of the teams reassuring her that they took her seriously.

“What about those with no beyblades?” Hiromi questioned, obviously fearing those consequences. “That’s why we’re here. To hunt down the spirits...” she said dutifully. “Should the other teams be in on it?” Takao asked as curious as the others. “We will inform them when the time is right.” Haruka answered.

Unbeknownst to them all, the shadowy figure was in the window eavesdropping, and once again, vanished into the air. “You’re not the boss, Haruka! I’m takin’ this one! If it wasn’t for me, you’d be dead, or worse.” Ryuu complained, whispering “or worse” in a voice as if trying to scare her. But he only earned himself a punch in the head. Haruka took him by the collar and shook him up, snapping “Shut up, Ryuu! I’m stronger than you and obviously much more mature!” She dropped him on the floor, his eyes looking like X’s. “I’M HURT!!” He screamed stupidly. Suddenly, Max shot up out of his seat. “What’s wrong, Maxie?” Takao had no time to think as Max’s fist connected with his face.

“What the hell was that for??” Takao asked furiously, holding his cheek. Max took out his beyblade and Takao noticed his eyes were red, not the usually cheery blue. “Shit!” Ryuu cursed, not able to form his sword, the ghost must have some sort of power. Helpless against Max in human form, Ryuu yelled “This one is really strong, ‘Ruke!!!” Then, the room changed into a white dimension, the others mind-boggled as Haruka’s red eye changed to silver, and her black wing turned white. She was now an angel, charging towards Max. “No! You’ll hurt him!!” Rei yelled. “Ryuu! I need you!” Then, Ryuu transformed, regaining his dragon form, he black wings now an imprint on his back. Haruka used her beyblade to counter Max’s heavy attack, the two colliding creating a shockwave. It blew Haruka onto the ground hard. The beyblade was heading straight for her, until a familiar white beyblade crashed into it. “This is getting bad...” Yuri stated, a hint of worry in his voice. “Ryuu!!” Haruka called her blade to her hand. Her hand started to glow golden, and her hand entered Max’s chest when she swiftly ran to him. His eyes wide, Max coughed blood as the Akutenshi was ripped from his heart. It was too painful to bear. He fainted as the spirit was set free, Rei catching him. The spirit fluttered around the ceiling, making a strange noise. “Oh shit! The damn thing is loose!” Hiromi cried, hidden behind Kai. He aimed Dranzer at the evil beast, but missed as it tried to make it’s way towards him. “DRIGGER!!” Rei summoned his bitbeast, handing Max to Kyouju, and it burst the Akutenshi into flames, the ghost making an earsplitting screech.

“Look at Max now...” Kyouju and Hiromi said, gesturing that it was Haruka’s fault. “He’ll live, but that was the only other way...although I have no more magic or power left....that’ why we usually use the sword...” Haruka said while panting, and sweating a lot. “Woah...” Takao said, watching as the white room turned into his house again. “It’s only going to get worse...” Haruka stated sadly. “We should get the others too.” Kai suggested. “I wonder how fares my kingdom of Tenjoukai...” Haruka thought out loud. “Tenjoukai?” Everyone said in unison. “The place...where this all began, and the legend of how I came into being... maybe I’ll take you all one day soon, on my ship. To the place where the truth lies about this whole thing...”

To be continued...