Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Final Distance ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everyone was starting to get used to the situation at hand. They seemed to keep their guard up all the time now, there was no time for relaxation at this point. The blitzkrieg boys and Haruka resided in an old inn for the time being, and the Bladebreakers, at Takao’s place, were making preparations for gathering the other teams.

“This will do for now...at least until we set out to Tenjoukai in 4 days. Oh yes, Ryuu, we must repair the ship tomorrow. “Haruka explained, remembering how unstable it was. “Hey, are you sure this is ok? I mean, there are so many guys here, and you’re the only girl...” Ryuu stated, a worried expression towards Haruka. “Please. Whatever you are thinking, cease that nonsense now. Keep your mind out of the gutter for once!” Haruka replied, sipping her tea. Blushing madly, Ryuu yelled “I’m just making sure...” “I really do appreciate your concern, Ryuu. You know that you mean everything to me.” Haruka said affectionately, a warm smile on her face, making Ryuu blush more, and turn away. What the hell?? I’ve never seen her like this before...it makes me feel good...Gah! What am I thinking??? this is so wrong... Haruka eyed Ryuu suspiciously, her bitbeast was acting strange. She started to blush as well though, as she continued to watch him. This is stupid. The covenant states that the bitbeast and human cannot interact like this...it’s just too weird... Haruka thought as she brushed the whole thing off, for they knew of the consequences. But it was hard...

“Yeah so could you guys come over to my place today? Yeah...ok...uh huh...great, thanks.” Takao hung up the phone after speaking with Li, and the white tigers, the last team to arrive at Takao’s house. “So what’s the big deal?” Emily asked, irritated to have had to come all this way. “Well...” and so Takao and the Bladebreakers explained the dilemma to the other teams. “Are you serious? Woah...” Michael replied, sweat trickling down his face. “Max was already a victim...he’s lucky to be alive.” Takao informed sadly, his eyes cast to the floor. They soon all fell into a deep silence.

The next 4 days were awkward, the bladebreakers still thinking about what happened, the other teams waiting to see what will happen, distance between Ryuu and Haruka.

“We need to know about you.” Yuri claimed, sitting at the table across from Haruka and Ryuu. Bryan and Spencer were also at the table. “Don’t your parents worry about you?” At that, Haruka clutched her heart. Not that... she thought as she felt tears build up, her eyes becoming cloudy. She tried to hold them back very hard. “My p-parents...are...not here anymore...” Haruka felt a lump in her throat, still trying not to cry. “Do you have siblings?” Yuri asked cautiously, knowing he was pushing it, but was still curious. But that question was the nudge that made Haruka break down. All this time, she forced herself to forget. The fond memories pierced her heart. “I...my big brother...he raised me...but...he...I...” Haruka struggled to finish, tears gushing out heavily, letting out the pain built up inside her for so long. Finally, she let it out. “You bastard!! Why did you have to say it??! Look at her now!!”

Ryuu was FURIOUS. However seldom, Ryuu Hated to see Haruka so distraught. He tried his hardest to try and make her forget. Ryuu’s usually mischievous demeanor was replaced by pure anger, the deep red color rising to his face. He quickly grabbed Yuri’s collar, choking him in the process. “Stop it Ryuu! I’m not worth fighting over! Stop fighting!!” Haruka yelled, still crying. What’s happening to me? I held it back all this time...my tears...why now? Why am I crying now? Ryuu lessened his hold on Yuri, and let go. He started to walk toward the door leading outside. Yuri said coldly, “Why are you being so protective? You’re only her bitbeast. You don’t have the right to do that. It’s not like you can be with her, because you’re just a beast.” After hearing that, Ryuu’s fists tightened, and without a word, he stepped outside. But they didn’t see his forlorn face.

What could have happened to that girl? She seemed so calm and expressionless before... Yuri thought, not regretting his harsh words.


TBC...