Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Final Distance ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryuu sat in the lush green grass, his hand resting on his right leg. He was leaning against a tree watching the peaceful scenery surrounding him. He really didn’t care about what Yuri said earlier, or at least he tried to convince himself of that. But it still bothered him to no end. “I don’t know what to do anymore...” he whispered to himself, his eyes still stuck to the ground. It’s as if the red head’s words pierced his heart. “Maybe he was right...I can’t think of her that way....but I just...” Ryuu’s head slumped, and he clutched his hair tightly with both hands. His black wings were spread, covering his body. “Ryuu?” He was surprised to see Haruka in front of him, her eyes still a little red from crying. “I’m so sorry...what Yuri said, and me... I held it back for so long that...I...” She felt the tears building up again. But what shocked her was when Ryuu stood up and embraced her tightly in his arms. Haruka’s face knew a new shade of red now. She felt so warm in his arms, but she knew that it just wasn’t right. Still, the girl couldn’t care less. “Haruka, I don’t like to see you this way. It hurts me...” He said hesitantly. Haruka looked up into Ryuu’s eyes. She’d noticed he was much taller than her in his human form. His long, spiky black hair was blowing in the wind, and his eyes held such a beautiful shine. Ryuu looked perfect, almost like an angel to Haruka.

Ryuu started to panic as Haruka’s face came in close contact with his. He could feel her soft breath passing his cheeks. So this is how it should be... I guess only time knows the way that it goes... Ryuu pulled the blushing girl closer to him, his and her lips finally touching. It was a passionate kiss, Haruka never thought this possible. But she felt as if she would melt. Their bodies came even closer together, if that was possible. “Oh, aren’t we very friendly?” Yuri, seeing as he was smirking, found it amusing. Haruka and Ryuu both opened one eye, and quickly ripped apart and stumbled to the ground. “W-what do you want...” Ryuu choked out. “Well, sorry to interrupt, but we must meet up with the bladebreakers and the others. It’s been 4 days, correct?” Yuri stated smugly. “Fine, let’s go now. We must depart for Tenjo-“Quit it. I know you’re not really such an emotionless person. And in love with your bitbeast, how pathetic. Even though he’s in human form, and looks perfectly normal- minus the wings and tail- you can’t love him. Like I said, it won’t work.” This made Haruka very upset, and she rushed away towards Takao’s house. “You are really pissing me off. Leave us alone, or you’ll regret it.” Ryuu said in a voice that could kill. He flew away to catch up to Haruka. “Interesting, eh Yuri?” Spencer stated. Haruka was beginning to regret being Yuri’s ally.

“OK! Time to go to the Tenjo- whatsitsname place!” “Shut up Takao, I told you that you suck” “Max, I would like to kill you.” “Though he was annoying the world’s end. Takao was ecstatic that Max was feeling better, though still in bed. “Max should stay. I’ll be happy to keep him company...” Emily suggested a little too eagerly. “Ok, but don’t too rough, eh Emily?” Michael snickered as Emily’s face became crimson. “Y-you perv!” “We’re just friends, right Em?” Max asked and that made Emily look towards the ground.



“Everyone, let’s go...” Haruka announced, boarding everyone on her vast ship. Her voice was terribly sad and pessimistic, it made everyone flinch. Ryuu looked especially worried. He looked towards Yuri, and glared daggers at him. Yuri just walked with his eyes closed and hands crossed, like nothing happened. It’s as if he enjoys seeing Haruka sad, and that was the worst thing to do with Ryuu around. I still don’t get it...my stomach feels weird around her...my throat becomes dry... I wanna puke...but I like it... am I stupid? Ryuu was lost in thought. When Haruka waved a hand back and forth in front of his face. Things still seemed awkward between the two, but feelings were growing stronger and stronger.


Everyone was incredibly bored on the ship. Takao and Rei resorted to chess, Kai looked lifeless in the corner as usual, Mao was trying to get Rei to notice her as usual, Kyouju was typing, Hilary was cooking below deck, the All-starz were talking about sports, the Blitkrieg boys were lifeless like Kai, and everyone else were just quiet. Ryuu and Haruka were sitting close to each other at the edge of the ship, gazing at the sea. Everyone would be shocked when the ship would levitate into the air and transform soon, to the place where the two worlds linked.

“Haruka, I...what he said, it wasn’t fair...” Ryuu tried to find the right words. “I know, Ryuu...but I was thinking about the sacred covenant, how we can’t be this way...it’s sad...” Ryuu stared at her, his eyes wide and sad. “Don’t worry, Ryuu. I don’t care what others think anymore. Everyone will find out the horrible truth about me anyway...” The girl looked down, not at all eager to reach her destination, as she seemed to the others.

The ship flew into the clouds without incident, Haruka’s thoughts were correct. Everyone got scared when it started to float. It headed towards a shining light. Everyone was utterly afraid, seeing as a ship lunged into the sky and was heading for what looked like the sun.

When they stepped out, all the teams were astonished, completely awe-filled. The island was beautiful, more so than anything on Earth, if this was still even their world. Villages that were peaceful in the middle of the mountains looked marvelous. Everyone there had either black or white wings, red or silver eyes. So why was Haruka half and half?

One black wing and one white

Half born of darkness, half of light...

Everyone started to understand Haruka. There was more to her than meets the eye, not that there wasn’t much evidence already. But for now, the large alliance were in pursuit of the immense castle, a cerulean blue color. In the middle of the journey, however, they would encounter a dangerous foe, the figure always stalking them. A certain fallen angel whom Haruka knew all too well, and wasn’t very ecstatic to see him...