Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Final Distance ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Ryuu...” Haruka slumped her head, waiting inside of the peaceful cottage which the team resided in. The ocean crashed against the shore softly. They were quite far from the village and the forest, where they had met Akugyou. This world held a medieval look, filled with forests, oceans, and supernatural creatures. Strangely, the sky remained white, and it was very misty around the area. They were in a grassy, widespread plain, and the only way back to the village was through the Crystal Ice Cave. The other direction led to a beautiful valley, and beyond that another village. ‘Akugyou.’ The name made Haruka want to cry. How could she have let it come to this? They were so close to uncovering the truth...she had a great plan...but look at the scenario now. It’s her fault. Her fault that Ryuu is dying. Her fault that the worlds are in danger. Her fault that she wasn’t quick enough to save Ryuu. Her fault...her fault... these thoughts made Haruka want to scream to the sky. She didn’t know what she’d do if Ryuu died, given her dangerous demon half. “Haruka...” The doctor stepped out of the room. “M-ms.. Haruka...I don’t...I can’t...” The man looked solemn. No...this isn’t happening...no...no... Haruka was fully ready to scream. “That strange boy...” The doctor choked. He was ready to let the tears fall himself. “That is Ryuu... isn’t it, your highness?” Tears formed in his eyes, not yet ready to fall. “Haru...” Takao started. He knew this wasn’t the time. As for Haruka, her hand was on her mouth. Her eyes were wide, and tears overflowed them. She stood there, unable to move. The doctor closed his eyes, and hot tears stained his coat. He half-yelled, “I’m so sorry...he won’t make it...” His expression was nowhere near Haruka’s, yet it was still melancholic. At that moment, a scream as loud and distraught as you can imagine roared across the world. An earsplitting, deafening scream, that of a grieving hybrid girl, for the loss of her life-long companion.









A tan-haired girl ran as swift as the wind, her two-colored eyes now crimson. She had to get revenge. She had to. “Let’s go.” Kai stood up, clutching his dranzer beyblade. “Kai...maybe we should let her go alone.” Rei stated. “But she was so traumatized...I can’t blame her...” Mao added. “Hey...where’s Yuri?”




“Heh. She’s coming here soon.” Yuri stated. They were in Akugyou’s palace, hidden in an abyss beyond the kingdom. “Yes, of course. Ah, my dearest Haruka...come to me.” Akugyou stated evilly. That girl is beautiful beyond words. A hybrid born of light and dark, good and evil... the power will be mine, and so will she. The Akutenshi will do to them what they did to dragon boy, and she will be the only one left. Let her suffer. Break her heart. Let her fall and never catch her, and the girl will have no objections. Yuri was lost in thought, his mind cruel at the moment. He had no interest in his team of Blitzkrieg boys anymore. All he wanted was the power...and just maybe he could become the strongest beyblader...

“No, we’ve got to help. That Akugyou guy will surely kidnap her. He can kill her, you know.” Kai started again. “She did save Max, remember? She saved us all. This is the least we can do.” Mao stepped beside him, the golden eyed girl looking sad. “She’s heading for that guy. Let’s go.” Raul and Julia commanded in unison.

The team, led by Kai, ran across the large, beautiful yet empty plain. The mist waft across their faces, and it was hard to see, but they continued to look for the ice cave. “There it is! I see it!!” Takao yelled, speeding past Kai. “Takao! Slow down!” Hiromi yelled. “It’s fr-freezing I-in he-here!” Takao complained. “Let’s go, Takao...” Hiromi dragged the boy, very annoyed. “We’ve got to hurry before the cold puts us to sleep.” Kai explained. They were in there for a long time, desperately trying to find the exit. After about an hour, they were out, some people already unconscious. “Let’s see...we got Takao, Michael, Lee, Rei, ah, we can’t drag them all!!” Hiromi yelled. “Just leave them here. When they wake up, they know where to find us.” Kai explained. “We don’t know what’s going on. “Guess the cold was too much for them, try going to Russia.” Bryan grunted, still wondering where Yuri was. “We can’t dwell on it! And we can’t wait for Yuri. Let’s go, I see the village!” Kai continued on.

“Ah, my d- “I HATE YOU!!!” Haruka screamed. She charged for Akugyou aimlessly, but was knocked back by his force. “IT WAS YOU!! YOU KILLED HIM!! NOW...I...I... WON’T EVER SEE HIM AGAIN!!” Haruka screeched, her eyes locked on him, her face enraged. Her black wings spread, the white one changing, and her blood-red eyes shone with a dark force. She looked furious, and her tears hadn’t stopped since back at the cottage. It happened so quickly...he was here just yesterday...and now...I can never hear his voice again...never again...there’s nothing in my beyblade... “He killed himself, Mizuko-chan. He should have killed you, but I knew he wouldn’t, a weakling indeed.” Haruka still had her head down. You could only see her crimson eyes through her hair. Her wings were now huge, even larger than Ryuu’s. Her form was now demonic and uncontrollable. “What the hell...?!?!” Akugyou was taken aback. The ground began to split, and fire rose from the cracks. The fire spread around the entire area so that all of them were surrounded by it. Haruka’s teeth became sharp, and the ground shook violently. She held her beyblade in which had no bitbeast, and approached Akugyou slowly. The thoughts of Ryuu seemed to increase the fire’s rage. She was still crying, finally realizing that she loved him. After so many years, her dangerous side which destroyed her world ages ago returned, this time stronger than ever. This is why Haruka came to Earth. She didn’t want the Akutenshi to awaken her power if they had possessed her. Yuri abandoned Akugyou and ran for his life, yet Akugyou was confident, watching Haruka’s shadow slowly getting closer through the flames. He unleashed all the Akutenshi within the Earth’s beyblades, and they swarmed towards Haruka.

The group noticed that all the white and black winged people were flying towards fire...but why? Then it hit Kai as he saw many black creatures floating around a specific area. The people of the kingdom saw Haruka, their half-bred leader, being aimed at by the Akutenshi. They also swarmed over in front of the Akutenshi. One of the Akutenshi attacked a white-winged warrior, and thus began the war, with the Earth’s beyblade teams stuck in the middle of it.