Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ghost of You ❯ Ghost of You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own. Sorry to disappoint you.
 
Yo. This is animeobsession. I'm starting the account with this sad little excuse for a songfic to Ghost of You by Good Charlotte. How did this come to be you ask? Well, my friend and I were at her house doing our art assignment while listening to music. This song came on, and as I sat there, listening to the lyrics, inspiration smacked me in the head. It hurt too. And this little songfic was born.
Hope you enjoy it!
 
doomdoomdoomdoom doomdoomdoomdoom doomdoomdoomdoom
 
And I will wait until the end
When the pendulum will swing back to the darker side of our hearts bleeding
I will save this empty space next to me like it's a grave
Where I lay a place for us to sleep eternally together
I have been searching for traces of what we were
 
The house was dark. It seemed almost empty; it's long corridors lifeless. Numerous photos lined the walls, the only bit of happiness in the house. The photos were of times long before this date. A grandfather clock, its pendulum swinging slowly to and fro, chimed. The hour was 12 midnight. The houses' silence had been broken, the chime echoing through halls it never would have reached before now. The sound traveled, like a hound running through the halls. It reached far into the deep recesses of the house. Into the coldest, and saddest room of the house. And as the chime echoed around the room, it woke the sleeping figure of a broken man. Stirring as the sound bounced around the room, Kai Hiwatari woke from a fitful slumber.
 
A ghost of you is all that I have left
It's all that I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing left of what we were at all
 
Kai sat up in bed, unruly slate hair even messier. He turned to see if the sound had woken his mate, only to find the bed beside him empty. Memories flooded his mind. Memories of why his beloved wasn't in the bed. Even though he still slept. Slept peacefully.
He dragged himself from the bed. A glass of water was in order. Walking to the door, feeling like he had slept for days, he turned into the hall, heading towards the kitchen.
 
So here I am pacing around this house again
With pictures of us living on these walls
I see my breath in the cold of the air that I breathe and I'm wondering
I'm wondering if it's you that I feel
If it's you that I feel here haunting me forever
I have been searching for traces of what we were
A ghost of you is all that I have left
It's all that I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing left of what we were at all
It was cold in the hall. So cold that the duel haired teens breath fogged before him. He clutched his arms. His eyes were drawn to the photos on the wall. Photos of him and his beautiful lover. There was a photo of them with the team only 4 months ago at the reunion. Another, this time only Kai and his love, in Australia, taken during the tournament. Then, just his love, sitting in the garden outside, simply enjoying nature. Now just Kai, in his study looking over papers. Painfully happy memories decorating the halls. A breeze blew lightly around Kai. He didn't even bother to wonder where it came from. He just continued to walk. He reached the kitchen. It was quiet. Nothing moved. The duel haired teen flicked the light on.
 
And I'm not looking for anything but us
Anything but what we were
And I'm not asking for painted memories
I only want to know you're here
A ghost of you is all that I have left
It's all that I have left of you to hold
I wake in the night to find there's no one there but me
And nothing left of what we were at all
Walking over to the cupboard, he pulled out a glass and filled it with water. He sipped it slowly, taking in the silence of the house. A frame over the sink held a painting. It was of a jungle, trees and vines talking up most of the painting. But if you looked hard enough, you could see a clearing through the trees, with two small figures standing in it's center. It was only a small detail but it meant so much to Kai. His grip on the glass tightened. His lover had painted this piece of art. It was, in Kais mind, one of his greatest artworks. Others were scattered around the house.
He turned and as his eyes caught the picture on the frame on the wall across from the painting he grew sad. The photo was him and his love. They were on the couch in front of the fireplace. They were both asleep, curled in a loving embrace, smiles on both of their faces. Kai felt the tears welling up inside him. He didn't like the sadness. He knew only one way to deal with it. Lashing out in anger. Rage overtook him and he threw the glass, now empty, and the picture. It hit it, breaking the glass and the frame, the picture falling to the fall. Kai felt pain welling up inside him and he fell to his knees. The breeze from before moved the picture over to him. Tears started to fall as he looked upon the picture. He picked up the picture. Tears now streaming down his face.
“Rei.” He croaked out. “Why? WHY?!?” he lay on the floor, sobbing brokenly.
The breeze was still there, swirling on the floor near him. It wrapped around him, before rushing out the door, leaving the broken boy alone in the room. It rushed down the hall, passing cards of comfort on its way. It flew out the window, speeding down the road, to the cemetery. It rushed up the hill hit a headstone and flew up into the heavens. And the headstone read: Rei Kon, Kind friend, wonderful lover, we will never forget you.
 
 
And nothing left of what we were at all
 
 
KaiReiKaiRei KaiReiKaiRei KaiReiKaiRei KaiReiKaiRei KaiReiKaiRei
 
 
For those who are confused, Rei died and his ghost (the breeze) was haunting Kai.
Hope you liked it. Please R&R!