Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Insomniac ❯ Insomniac ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: If it would be mine, I wouldn´t write fanfics. I would make them do it!!! ^_~

Author´s note: I know it´s a weird title for a Valentine´s day fic. but it is something like that happened to a friend of mine last year, though it was out of other reasons. So sit back and enjoy. ^_^

Warning: It´s shonen ai. Tyka of course. ^_^ (I rather take looks from the first season since the second only got started now here in Germany.)

Fanfiction notes:

"Spoken"

~Thoughts~

*poem*

Insomniac

by Little Leila

It was in the middle of the night and every member of the Bladebreakers was sleeping, like they should at 3.00 am in the morning. Well, ....maybe not every member.

Outside of the hotel, you could see a single window bright with light and behind it, in the lit room, sat a dual-haired boy with crimson eyes on one of the two beds. What he was doing, you ask??? Uhm, ....nothing!

That´s the truth!!!

Kai Hiwatari just sat there, one leg drawn to his chest, the other hanging over the edge of the bed, and stared through the room. He let his eyes wander to the, now empty, wardrobe on the other side of the room, then on the also empty nightstand and last but not least the empty bed next to his own.

Normally, this would´ve been Tyson´s side of the room, but after breakfast, it wasn´t anymore. It was only a few hours and he missed the little Storm-Dragon already. But he could understand him.

So what happened?

It´s nothing too worse and as an exception, Kai wasn´t the cause that the blue-haired boy had left.

Yes, right!

He left in the morning, but only to visit his grandfather. The thing was, that the Bladebreakers got a call early in the morning from Mr. Dickenson. He told them that Tyson´s grandfather was sick, probably with the flu. On every other day it would have impossible to wake Tyson up. But when Kenny mentioned that his grandfather was sick, the boy was up in a flash. He insisted on visiting his grandfather to take care of him, as long as he was sick.

Though, they stayed in the hotel for a charity tournament, they all supported Tyson in his decision. Kai gave him the permission to leave. He reasoned it with the facts that they could still beyblade without Tyson and that it was just a charity tournament, so they could afford to lose.

Of course this weren´t the only reasons he had, but it were the ones he said out loud. He didn´t want to see the younger boy worry himself sick. Or that he somehow became attached to Tyson´s grandfather in a way he could be to his own if he wasn´t evil.

Anyway, Tyson left as soon as possible and the rest of the team had spent the day with practicing. He trained good and hard and he was also exhausted like Max and Ray, but for some odd reason, .....he couldn´t sleep.

Kai missed the familiar, chatty voice and the loud behavior of his Dragon. Yes, his Dragon. The crimson eyed leader couldn´t really explain how he´d fallen in love with an obnoxious brat like Tyson. It just happened.

He guessed that love wasn´t really explainable.

But he felt it.

How couldn´t he notice when his body reacted to Tyson´s presence in a way he had never experienced with anyone in his whole life?

His irregular breathing. As if he was in fear or in panic, but he wasn´t.

The way he felt lightheaded, as if the world started spinning faster just because Tyson was there.

And of course, the traitor beneath his chest.

The traitor who pounded against the bars of his prison, only to get out and offer himself to the blue-haired Angel.

The best opportunity for Kai to let this special prisoner out, would´ve been on Valentine´s day.

If Tyson would feel the same you ask???

Let´s say, Kai knew that he had a chance with him and he was sure that his source of information was quite reliable.

~Blessed be Max and his big mouth.~

Now Valentine´s day wasn´t a problem anymore, except for the fact that Tyson would probably be at home on that day. But that wouldn´t be so worse. Something else bothered him more.

He couldn´t sleep!

For the love of god, Kai really tried anything. He´d counted sheep, then he tried to drink a cup of hot cacao, but it didn´t work.

Nothing could help him.

So the dual-haired blader switched off the lights in an attempt to rest at least for one hour. He didn´t know, how long he was tossing and turning, until the first rays of sunlight lit up the sky. It wouldn´t be useful for him to stay in bed, so he got up.

Without a single hour of sleep.

~~~

Ray Kon knocked on the door to Kai´s room, but he didn´t get an answer. Was the Captain still sleeping??? He cautiously opened the door and was met with an empty room and a flawless made bed. It seemed as if the leader of the Bladebreakers hadn´t been in his room at all.

~I guess, he went out for practice already.~

Ray went downstairs to join the others in the restaurant and to tell them, that Kai wasn´t there when he´d looked for him.

As soon as Ray reached the restaurant another figure came through the doors with him. It was then when the Neko-jin noticed it was their missing leader.

"Kai, ....what happened???" Ray asked concerned.

The other boy didn´t look so well. His hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes. He made more the impression of being sick with a cold.

"Nothing!" He answered shortly.

Kai wasn´t in the mood to explain his state to the nosy Neko-jin so he turned and went to their reserved table. Ray shook his head and followed through the room.

Over the day, Kai felt the stares of his teammates, which were directed towards him. They knew better than to ask him about it. Kai could tolerate it when somebody asked him once about one thing, but twice was already too much.

Through practice, his thoughts and his actions were slower than normal and Kenny told him so as well. Max dismissed Kai´s state as an one time occurrence and that he would be back to normal the very next day. However, Ray knew better. He saw how the captain acted when Tyson told them he had to leave for a couple of days. He looked almost like a lost puppy and the Neko-jin concluded that this was part of the reason for Kai´s state.

But it was better to leave him alone and not to try and get him to talk. Only one person had the right to do that without fearing his wrath and sadly, said person wasn´t here at the moment.

~~~

Two o´clock in the morning and Kai was still pacing in the hotel room. It was already the third night without a hint of sleep. His teammates started to worry about him. After the second night, he had dark circles under his eyes and his skin was even paler than normal, almost white. They told him to take it easy and to skip practice, but Kai didn´t want to hear anything about it. He was convinced though, when Max and Ray promised him that they would train on their own, while he should get some sleep. He really needed it.

His crimson eyes spotted the still empty bed of his Angel. He asked himself what Tyson was doing at the moment or if he thought of him as well. It was already Wednesday and Valentine´s day would be this Saturday. Of course, he´d bought Tyson´s present a long time ago.

At the beginning he´d just walked through the streets of the town where they were staying for vacation. He passed a shop and saw something in the window that caught his attention. Kai didn´t know why he bought it; he just did it. The next few weeks he brooded over the issue of what to do with it or why he´d bought it in the first place.

When he heard that Valentine´s day wasn´t so far away anymore his thoughts were full of fantasies about Tyson getting this present from a 'secret' admirer. That´s when he knew, that he´d thought of Tyson when he´d bought it.

But now??? It looked like his little fantasy-bubble would burst on Saturday when everybody gave his present to their most precious person.

That was also a factor for his sleepless state, among others.

He glanced at his watched and was surprised that it showed: 3.31 am. Kai sighed and turned his attention back to the unoccupied bed. Thoughts ran through his mind and he stood up from his place on his bed. Walking to the other across the room, he remembered a heavenly sight of Tyson in this bed with his hairs open, an innocent and calm look on his face and the moonlight in the background shining down on him, making his hair shine like the finest of satin.

When he´d reached the bed; the insomnia affected captain ran his fingers over the pillow and down until he came to the soft blanket. Feeling something under the material he flipped the blanket open only to reveal a dark blue T-shirt which belonged to Tyson.

Tentatively, he picked up the shirt and unfolded it. Thinking back on all the nights when Tyson wore it and he, Kai Hiwatari, took it for granted. He brought the shirt closer to his chest and he could smell a hint of Tyson´s scent on the shirt. Like blueberry. Tangy, yet sweet nonetheless and also, ....soothing.

Suddenly he felt more tired than before. Kai stumbled back to his bed, unable to stand for another second. The scent made him sleepy. He crawled under his sheets and soon fell asleep with Tyson´s shirt still clutched to his chest.

~~~

Morning came all too soon and Kai woke up to loud knocks on his door. When he noticed that he had Tyson´s shirt in his hand, he hid it quickly under the blanket before his teammate came in. Not a second later, Ray entered the room.

"Good morning, Kai. And? Feeling better?"

Kai nodded only mutely, not trusting his voice yet. He was nervous and hoped Ray wouldn´t decide to stay until he got up. The dual-haired boy would have a hard time explaining why he had Tyson´s shirt in his bed like a 'security blanket'.

Ray noticed that Kai couldn´t have had much sleep, but at least the circles under his eyes were lighter than before.

"Better you rest some more. We are off to practice."

As soon as Ray left the room, Kai got up and intended to put the dragon´s t-shirt back, but something stopped him. He thought of the pleasant dreams he had and the feeling of being relaxed. He just couldn´t bring himself to put it back, so he stuffed it under his own pillow.

Though Ray told him to rest, he didn´t want to. If he wanted to be in shape for the tournament, he had to train! Ok, so maybe it was just a charity tournament, but that didn´t mean he wouldn´t take it serious.

Downstairs, the Bladebreakers were ready to leave the hotel for their training when Kai came to them.

"Kai, what are you doing? You should be in bed!" Max said in concern.

"I´m fine! There is no need to pamper me!" The leader growled.

Kai was fed up with their concern and treatment towards him and he showed it through his body language. The day went on and the dark circles under his eyes reappeared and his skin got unhealthy pale again.

Now that he knew how to fall asleep; he went into his room on locked his door this time. He went under the covers and grabbed Tyson´s shirt from under the pillow. The scent wasn´t so strong anymore, in fact it became a fading memory. His sleep was light, ...very light. He was more dozing than actually sleeping. The next night, the T-shirt wouldn´t be enough anymore. The scent would be gone, ....like his Angel.

~~~

It was Friday and tomorrow would be Valentine´s day. Kai looked even worse if possible. He didn´t sleep the last night and he was so damn tired. Though he´d tried anything, his mind refused to let him sleep. His body was willing, but his spirit was weak, ....or was that the other way around??? He didn´t know anymore. God, he was so messed up, he couldn´t believe it. Meanwhile his eyes hadn´t only dark circles, they were bloodshot too. Now it was hard to tell where his iris began and where it ended.

It was only noon and he gave his team the afternoon off like he did every Friday. Alone in the hotel room he took out the present for his dragon, which was safely tucked in the side pocket of his bag. He touched the small case and left it at the nightstand next to Tyson´s bed. He also wrote a little poem for his blue-haired Angel and placed it right next to it.

Tired.

So tired.

Kai sat down on Tyson´s bed only to rest his tense muscles for a second. But the pillow was almost too inviting to resist.

~Only for a second. Later I´ll fix this and Tyson won´t notice a thing.~

He lay his head onto the pillow and here his nose was assaulted by the soothing blueberry scent. His eyes closed against his will and not a minute later, he fell into a deep slumber. The kind he´d missed for almost a whole week.

~~~

"Where is he?" The person asked almost in panic.

"In your room, I guess. You must do something about this, he won´t talk to us and we don´t know what´s wrong with him." A blond answered him.

"How is your grandfather?"

"Better, thanks Ray. I think I should go and talk to Kai, see what got him grumpy this time."

"Good luck, Tyson. You´ll need it. He was almost unbearable grouchy in the morning."

"Thanks Max, I´ll think of it."

With that, Tyson went to their room to find out what made his crush so miserable. He expected everything except the sight in front of his eyes. Smiling, he shut and locked the door behind him quietly so that the others wouldn´t see Kai like that. The leader would be totally embarrassed and that was the last thing Tyson wanted.

He walked to his own bed, where a sleeping Kai Hiwatari lay. The stoic boy was curled up to a ball and had the blanket in a tight grip. He looked exactly like a sleeping puppy.

The blue-eyed boy smiled even wider when he saw the calm and content look on his face. A look of complete satisfaction, like he never believed to see on Kai´s handsome features.

For a few minutes, he watched Kai while he was sleeping, only enjoying the situation. He was so worried when Max called him and said something was up with their captain. But seeing him like this was a great relief. Something white on his nightstand caught his attention. It was an envelope with his name in neat writing on it and a little jewelry case with a red bow lay besides the white piece of paper.

Curious like always, he picked up the envelope and took the letter out. He read over the lines, written in the handwriting of the dual-haired blader.

*Thinking of you, day and night,

my heart was lost to you,

on the first sight.

Afraid of being rejected,

I kept myself under control,

hoping my feelings wouldn´t be detected,

while inside, it ripped apart my soul.

But now, it is too much to bear,

I need you by my side, I need you here.

So I say it now and I hope you feel it too,

I am madly in love with you.

Please, don´t break this heart of mine

and be forever my Valentine

Forever yours,

Kai*

The poem was short, but Tyson felt the sincerity and the love of the words. He was truly touched by the poem and his eyes watered slightly. Kai wasn´t into poetry, but these words weren´t from an ordinary book and it wasn´t the typical Roses-are-red-and-violets-are-blue sentences. It truly came from his heart.

He placed the letter carefully back on the nightstand and took the jewelry box into his hand. Inside was a heart-shaped locket with a dragon imprinted on the front. He opened it, but instead of a photo there was a small piece of paper with something written on it. Probably because Kai didn´t force himself upon Tyson, he would strategically wait for Tyson to do the next step. The writing wasn´t a poem but a simple question referred to the heart shape of the locket.

*Is there any space in your heart for me....?*

Tyson held the locket to his chest and sat down on the bed, carefully not to disturb Kai in his sleep. He smiled sweetly at the sleeping figure and brushed a few bangs out of his face.

"Always, Kai. ....Always." He whispered the answer to Kai´s question.

Suddenly Kai moved and embraced Tyson´s waist, pulling on him to lay on the bed with him. The blue-haired boy suppressed a cry out of surprise and let Kai have his way. The sleeping boy drew Tyson´s body closer to his and buried his face into the dragon´s chest. Inhaling the unique scent deeply and letting it out as a sigh; he was truly content now.

Tyson felt like a big plushie at the moment, but he didn´t mind it at all. He put on the locket and hid it under his shirt, so he wouldn´t lose it. Then he embraced his graceful phoenix, letting him now that he wasn´t alone anymore.

"If sleep is what you want, then I just make it a part of my present and you´ll get yours as soon as you wake up." Tyson whispered.

He gave Kai a goodnight kiss on the forehead and drifted of to sleep himself. After all, the journey itself was exhausting enough.

~Happy Valentine´s day, Kai.~ Was Tyson´s last thought before he fell asleep.

~~~

Owari.

Hai, another One shot and only written for Valentine´s day. Hope you liked it, ...I know, I know pure fluff and you´re already choking on it, right? Well, it seems I have a good hand for writing fluff. ^_^

Kai: Now tell us, what has this to do with your friend???

Leila: Oh yeah, you see it´s like this. Last year my friend had to work overnight before Valentine´s day and on the next day, he couldn´t stay awake anymore, so he just placed his gift for his girlfriend on the nightstand. She came later to him, but he was still asleep. When she found his gift she forgave him for sleeping through the day and just cuddled up with him in bed. He just slept away the day. ^_^

Happy Valentine´s day to you all!!!!