Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Majesty ❯ Chapter 01 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Authoress' Notes: I don't know where this came from, or why I'm starting something new when I've got so many other projects underway already, but I guess I can't complain! LOL My muses are earning their existences… I'm on an AU kick lately…can't imagine why. O.o So that means the characters may be slightly OOC-ish. Sorry! I guess you could say this is going to be a romantic, fantasy-type of story revolving around Tyson and Kai (duh). And yeah, I haven't decided who Hilary's going to get put with yet. We'll see! ^-^;;

Warnings: Yaoi, language, violence, lemons, dramatic angst, etc. Need more? Too bad, 'cause there isn't any! Rated R - NC17.

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade or anything to do with it. Only this fic and it's OC's (if any).

Pairs: TyKa, ReMa, Hilary/Tala? or Kenny?, Lee/Mariah, others to be decided.

Summary: In an empire far, far away (Yes, it is very Star Wars. What's you point? :p ) a mad Emperor seeks the power to rule the world, his current focus being on the lands of the Dragon clan to the south. In his efforts, a young teen and his cousin are captured after a lengthy battle, along with their grandfather - the head of the Dragon clan. But the wrong words spoken lead to their executions…and an escape becomes possible with the help of the Empire's crown prince. Escaping is one thing. Surviving…another. Especially when the crown prince and the prisoner are falling for one another.

*************************************

Majesty

Chapter 01

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai stalked into his chambers, shedding the heavy formal cloak and the rest of his hot, stuffy clothes as he went. When he reached his bed, a giant teak four-poster with a down-filled cloud for a mattress, he flopped down on his back and stared up at the ornately decorated frescoes painted on the ceiling in exhaustion and extreme annoyance. He'd just spent the afternoon and evening viewing half the young, unwed girls of marrying age being paraded in front of him at his Grandfather's insistence.

A short, brown-haired teen scurried after his master, picking up the cloak and clothes as he went and nearly collapsing under the weight of them. "How can you stand to wear these, your Highness? I mean they're so heavy! How do you move?" He huffed and puffed as he hauled the clothes to the wardrobe and began hanging them up properly.

Kai snorted and sat up. "I can't stand them, Kenny. Why do you think I took them off so fast when I came in?" He ran his hands through his hair with a sigh, sitting in nothing but his undergarments. "I don't know how many more of these days I can take! Can't my grandfather understand that I will choose my own mate or take none at all?"

"Forgive me, your Highness, but he's an Emperor. No one's word has more power or weight than his - except the Gods, of course." Kenny pointed out, folding the cloak carefully. "Naturally he would assume you would do whatever he tells you to do. It's what he expects."

"And I'm supposed to take the throne after him! Doesn't that mean I get some say in my own life?" Kai complained, but held up a hand to cut Kenny off before he could say anything. "Yes, yes, I know. You don't have to say it." He accepted the robe Kenny brought him, shrugging into it. "He's not all there anymore, Kenny. Ever since my parents died in that fire twelve years ago it's like he's slowly sinking into this maniacal, greedy, power-hungry dictator…"

Kenny shifted uncomfortably. He wanted to agree - fervently - with his master, but to speak so of the Emperor was risky. Servants who had were known to suddenly disappear. "The Emperor ages, your Highness, as is natural and he wishes for you to be securely mated before he is called to the Gods' home." The brunette said instead. "Can you fault him for wishing to see his empire secure?"

"Of course not. I just wish he didn't go about it with such needless destruction and taking of lives. He continuously says he is but defeating enemies before they can harm our people or destroy our lands - yet all I ever see are women and children abandoned to the world because their men-folk have died defending them - and even some of those women and children have died for the same reasons." Kai went over to the huge glass windows and stared out at the world beyond the Palace. "I don't know what to do anymore, Kenny."

"Your Highness…" Kenny began, intending to inquire into the future Emperor's sudden pensiveness. He was prevented, however, when the doors to Kai's chambers were thrown open and another tall teen strode in, clanking noisily in his armor, red hair wild and ice cold blue eyes taking in the room at a glance. Kenny backed off to a wall, bowing slightly to the young warrior, who paid him no attention whatsoever.

Kai glared at the intruder. "And to what do I owe this most…unexpected visit, Tala? And how is it you believe you can just burst into my private rooms uninvited and unannounced?"

"Hmph. Quit being so bitchy, Kai. You're needed in the throne room - immediately." Tala responded, returning the glare evenly. "There's trouble."

"What?" Kai motioned at Kenny who was already digging out clothes for him from the wardrobe.

"As soon as I got word I came to you, since I'm one of the few Royal Guards you can trust."

"I trust no one, Tala." Kai snapped, taking off the robe and quickly donning his clothes. "Never make the mistake in believing that I trust you."

"Fine. Whatever. I just thought you might want to be present when the Emperor meets with the Kinomiya."

Kai's head snapped up from his boots that he'd been concentrating on lacing up. "Gods…you mean the armies of the Kinomiya clan have been defeated?"

"Yes. The Kinomiya's son and eldest grandson were killed in battle and their castle fell to our forces two days ago. They captured Lord Kinomiya, his youngest grandson, and a niece or something. Spencer and Bryan were ordered to bring them here to face the Emperor by Boris." Tala repeated grimly. Kai cursed fluently and stood, allowing Kenny to help him slip on his sword belt and sheath while Kai put on his long black leather gloves to which a pair of nasty, sharp blades were attached.

"I don't understand it. They are supposed to be protected by the Dragon Gods! How could we have defeated them so easily?" Kai asked, and Tala shrugged.

"It seems that the Gods have either abandoned us all or they favor our Emperor, Kai. I do not presume to know the Gods minds. I just survive."

"I'd noticed." Kai went over to a side window and opened it, leaning out a bit to whistle twice sharply. There was an answering shrill cry of a bird and Kai held out a forearm as seemingly out of nowhere a rather large, feathered creature swooped in and landed on the offered perch. "Hello, Dranzer. Good hunting?"

The phoenix gave a squawking chirp in reply and Kai smiled faintly, lifting her to settle on his shoulder rather than his arm, her long, beautiful red tail feathers draping down over his back nearly to his knees.

"That's just eerie." Tala watched them, face showing an inkling of awe. "It's like she understands what you say."

"Of course she does." Kai blinked in surprise at Tala's comment. "She is my companion, a piece of my soul. She listens to no one but me and even then only when she feels like it." He reached up and stroked Dranzer's soft feathers. "Don't you, Beautiful?" He looked back toward Tala. "I don't know why you're so amazed, cousin. You have a similar bond with that overgrown wolf of yours."

Dranzer angled her head at him slightly in acknowledgement and practically cooed at the attention. Tala shook his head.

"Are we going?" He demanded impatiently. Kai nodded and grabbed his sword on the way out as he passed Kenny, who was holding it out to him hilt first by the door.

"Thank you, Kenny. Remain here until I return, if you would. I may need you when I get done in the throne room." Kai commanded and Kenny nodded, bowing low and backing away as Kai sheathed his sword.

Kenny watched the two stalk down the Palace halls, Tala only one pace behind and to Kai's side as they walked. How alike they are sometimes. He thought to himself. But I suppose it's only fitting since they are cousins. He went back into Kai's rooms and went about his duties to keep occupied while he waited for his master, the only true friend he had, to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"…do what you wish, Hiwatari, to me, but leave my grandson and granddaughter out of it. They are but children still and innocent." Lord Kinomiya said with great dignity and pride, not showing any of the fear he felt for his grandchildren's lives.

"Grandpa! Please!" Tyson protested, his cousin Hilary's hand held tightly in his as they listened to their grandfather barter his life for theirs before the Emperor, Voltaire Hiwatari; a cold ruthless man who had already destroyed countless of the surrounding kingdoms in order to further his own power and empire. And with the fall of Tyson's family's lands, Voltaire now ruled most of the continent.

"Silence, boy!" The man standing near the Emperor's throne on the left demanded. "Speak only when you are spoken to!" The man was Boris, General of the Royal Army.

"Quiet, now, Tyson." His grandfather murmured. "Don't give them a reason to kill you outright - not now." The old man looked up at the equally old Emperor, his face carefully blank. "Forgive my grandson's outburst, your Majesty. As I said, he is young and has much to learn."

"Acknowledge my dominion over the lands of the Dragon clan, Kinomiya, and turn over the holy item the Dragon Gods bestowed upon your family to me to prove your loyalty and I shall release them unharmed."

"I am sorry, your Majesty, but our family sword was old and fragile from centuries of disuse. It was destroyed when your troops razed my home. I cannot give it to you." The Kinomiya stated calmly and without apology, feeling quite happy and relieved about it, actually. There was no way the Emperor could know where the power once contained in the sword had really gone before the sword's destruction.

There was a flash of fury in Voltaire's eyes and he glared hard at Boris. "Boris! There had better be an explanation for this! I told you I wanted that sword in tact! You have failed me!"

Boris went down on his knees, bowing low from the waist in apology. "The idiot soldiers who erred in their judgment and orders have been punished and dealt with, your Majesty. I did not know what had happened until it was too late."

Slightly mollified, Voltaire waved him off, returning his attention to the man before him. "I'll deal with you later, Boris. The power of the Dragon Gods is still out there, somewhere, and I will possess it!"

"You will not!" Tyson lost his temper and shouted recklessly, ignoring Hilary's gasp and insistent tug on his arm to be quiet. "Dragoon will only come to one of our clan and even then he will only bestow his power on someone worthy of it! You have destroyed our homes, killed my people, my father and my brother, and shown us no respect at all! Such dishonor will not be abided by the Dragon Gods, Hiwatari!"

"Kinomiya! Your grandson has an unfortunate tendency to speak out of place and with an attitude I will not abide in my presence!" Voltaire stood from his seat on his throne angrily and snapped his fingers. "Bowman! Kill this boy for showing such insolence!"

As the archer came forward, drawing an arrow from the quiver on his back, notching it, aiming, and releasing all in one smooth, amazingly fast motion, Tyson's eyes went wide with sudden fear, Hilary cried out, and their grandfather stepped in the arrow's path in time to take the hit himself - right through the heart. The Kinomiya froze for a moment in shock then collapsed at his grandchildren's feet, gasping and already knowing he was dead.

"No! Grandpa!" Tyson dropped to his knees at the fallen man's side and grasped his hand desperately. Hilary fell to the floor and gently lifted his head, resting it on her lap and gently stroking this hair as tears poured down her face.

"Hush now, little dragon." The Kinomiya gasped out, wincing and trying to hang on long enough to say what he needed to say to his only remaining heir. "Listen now…I've taught you all I could and you know what must be done if you want to survive and one day rebuild our home." He coughed harshly, blood pouring from the corner of his mouth. "You are the Kinomiya now, Takao, and you must reunite our people someday. Take care of your cousin…Tak…ao…" His voice faded and he was suddenly gone. Hilary whimpered and began to sob and Tyson slumped over his Grandpa's body, the force of his grief wracking his lean form with shudders.

"Well…how touching." Voltaire sneered. The throne room doors were opened suddenly and Kai strode in, Tala at his side. He stopped dead in his tracks when he beheld the sight before him, though he was careful to show no emotion at all. He glanced up at the Emperor, expressionless, and gave a short bow.

"Forgive me, Grandfather. I did not realize we were to have…guests or I would have been here sooner." Kai intoned. Much sooner. What have you done now, you foolish, demented old man?

"Ah…Kai. You are just in time to witness our triumph over the lands of the Dragon clan. The Kinomiya has fallen, as you can see." Voltaire sniffed arrogantly. "He foolishly tried to save that insolent boy's life and took an arrow to the heart."

Kai moved to take his place at his grandfather's right hand and stared down seemingly impassively at the two teens still grieving over the body of their Grandpa. "I see. And what will you do with them now, Grandfather?"

"I have no further use of them, grandson." Voltaire rose and turned to leave. "They shall be executed as enemies of the Empire tomorrow at dawn. Boris! Make the necessary preparations and then report back to me. I wish to discuss your punishment for failing me."

"As your Majesty commands." Boris bowed and remained that way until Voltaire had gone. Then he straightened and began barking orders. "Guards! Take these two to the Tower and lock them up. Tala, see to their imprisonment, and have this body taken away and the floor cleaned immediately."

Tala stood ramrod straight, his expression betraying none of the anger and disgust he was feeling at the situation and Boris. "Yes sir."

Boris grunted and stalked off somewhere.

The guards had to pry Hilary and Tyson away from their grandfather. She was sobbing and struggling for all she was worth but Tyson remained silent and stiff - defiantly glaring through his tears at everyone in the room.

Especially Kai.

Kai, who hadn't really paid much attention to either of the Kinomiya's grandchildren except to pity them and to be strategizing a way to free them before dawn, had to swallow a gasp and hide the shiver that ran through him when his eyes met the stormy, hate-filled blue-gray orbs of Tyson, his long midnight blue hair held back in a ponytail with a few rebellious locks framing his face. My Gods, he's gorgeous! Kai thought, before he realized just what he was thinking and then mentally smacking himself silly for thinking it. You can't go there, Kai. No matter how much you would like to. Besides, he hates you. He reminded himself as the guards hauled the two bodily from the room.

"You're planning on freeing them, aren't you?" Tala declared, his voice low in the now empty room.

Kai glanced at Tala briefly. "No. I wouldn't dare to go against my grandfather's wishes, Tala." He lied easily, knowing that the room might seem abandoned but was probably still within someone's hearing - one of Voltaire's loyal servants or guards, perhaps.

Tala nodded, hearing the truth under Kai's words because he knew his cousin so well. "Of course not. Forgive me, cousin."

"Hn."

"Well, I suppose I'd better get busy." Tala yawned. "The sooner I'm done, the sooner I can go to sleep." He pretended to ponder something for a moment then stated with feigned absentmindedness, "I think I'll make Bryan suffer and give him guard duty tonight. I owe him for that low blow he gave me in practice this morning."

Kai chuckled, picking up what Tala was saying because he knew his cousin just as well - no, better - than Tala thought he knew Kai. Bryan would be on guard that night, so Kai would be able to get Tyson and the girl out and help them to escape without anyone knowing until it was too late. "Poor Bryan." Kai mocked, following Tala out of the room and going his separate way.

He went back to his rooms and found Kenny curled up in front of the fire he'd set in the fireplace, sound asleep and snoring lightly. Dranzer shifted on his shoulder and nuzzled his cheek with her beak in question.

"No, Beautiful. I'm not going to let them die. There's been enough death already - even though I know there will be more. At least I can do something about that girl and…him…" He sighed and took a seat by the fire in a cushioned chair, staring into the flames. "There's something special about him, Dranzer. I could feel it."

The phoenix chirped at him and he blushed. "Stop that! Yes, he's very…desirable. But I can't have him and you know it. Grandfather would have me beaten within an inch of my life if he learned that I…well." Kai stopped there, not wanting to say aloud that he preferred his own gender over females. "No more discussion, Beautiful. We have work to do."

He got up and knelt down next to Kenny, gently shaking him awake. "Hey, Kenny! Wake up, kid."

Kenny sat up groggily and rubbed at his eyes, hidden by his thick brown hair. "Oh! Your Highness! Forgive me, my Lord. I must have fallen asleep! I…"

"Easy, Kenny." Kai smiled a little. "Relax. I'm not angry." He sat back into his chair and Dranzer flew up to perch on the mantel above the roaring fire. "I have an important mission for you, Kenny. Will you help me?"

Kenny knelt before him on the carpeted floor and nodded eagerly. "Certainly, your Highness! What would you have of me?"

Kai raised his finger and looked up at Dranzer. "Do the walls have ears, Beautiful?" She angled her head in thought and then ruffled her feathers, settling in with a coo - which basically meant, "No, no one was listening." Kai nodded. "Alright then. Here's the plan…" He outlined his idea to his loyal squire, who listened carefully as he spoke.

"I understand, your Highness." He hesitated. "What will happen tomorrow, though, when it is discovered they're gone?"

Kai sighed. "I imagine my grandfather will have a temper tantrum and there will be hell to pay - or perhaps he won't care. I'll deal with it when it occurs, Kenny. For now, let's just do what we can to help the remaining members of the Kinomiya clan."

"Yes. I will go immediately, my Lord." Kenny got to his feet and, bowing, left the room.

Kai looked into the flames again, speaking softly to himself. "I'm truly sorry for what my grandfather has done, Kinomiya. Perhaps one day, when your rage has cooled, you will be able to forgive me - though I do not deserve it."

Dranzer squawked in protest and Kai rose to his feet, holding out his forearm to her. "I know it's not my fault, Dranzer. But he is my Grandfather and what he does becomes my legacy, my guilt. Now, let's go. We have our own part to play." She flew over and he placed her on his shoulder again before quietly leaving his chambers and heading for the stables.

*************************************

Authoress' Notes: Don't freak out, people! Gramps will be back… *mysterious smile* Let me know what you think! Please R/R!